If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weclome richersounds.ie

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭Kashkai

Hi Rafa

The picture is much improved after I input the settings you recommended. For example, the upscaling on DVD's is now quite good on most of them although I noticed something odd with Starship Troopers, i.e. the sound and picture were out of synch on some segments for some strange reason.

Blu rays are pretty flawless for the most part but I did notice a faint vertical line on "The Last Samurai" when I was watching it. Sometimes I think I'll get rid of this tv and then I watch another movie and think the display was very good. Decisions, decisions. After spending close on €1,400, I want this tv to be "all that it can be".

As an aside, I checked this tv out in CURRYS, DID and Powercity last weekend while it was displaying one of those "blu ray" showpiece dvds. Up close, I did notice some distortion on all the screens so perhaps my idea of full HD is removed from the reality. Perhaps I'll just move the couch back a bit and let my failing eyesight remove the distortions for me:D

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.