Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Private dining for 20ish people in Dublin?

Options
  • 03-07-2008 10:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

I'm trying to organise a night out including dinner for about 20-25 people in the city centre. I was thinking of maybe a murder mystery thing where the actors would interact with the guests during dinner and then they could kill someone off at dessert.

Im having trouble finding a venue which will allow us hold on to a section when the meal is over. Nostromo advertise it but the minimum number is 40 and the Guinness Storehouse is working out quite expensive. I'm waiting on a quote from The Vaults.

Any ideas? Much appreciated...

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

The Chemelon have a room upstairs that holds about 20 people and you have it for the night. great place everyone sits on the floor and the staff bring platters of food, so everyone can a bit of everything

http://www.menupages.ie/Dublin/Restaurants/City_Centre/Indonesian/Chameleon_Restaurant.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭tenandtracer

Locks on Windsor Terrace, Portobello have private dining. Nice venue, great food, was there a few weeks ago.

http://locksrestaurant.ie/restaurant/Private-Dining/private-dining.html

Storehouse can be expensive to hire out :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭datk

Clarice wrote: »
    I was thinking of maybe a murder mystery thing where the actors would interact with the guests during dinner and then they could kill someone off at dessert.

I was at one of those things - with a group of about 70. Now, it could have been how it was arranged and the group of people involved rather than the quality of the 'act' but it really wasn't great - they arrived shortly after food was served, it felt like you were being disturbed (and they had 70 people to go around) and after a while we really didn't give a damn who was going to be killed and when they were we really didn't care why and how.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

Definitley give Trocadero a call. All the staff are pretty spirited and would get in on the fun of it, and the food and atmosphere are second to none.

Advertisement