Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Builder fails to build

• 03-07-2008 10:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 34

I signed contract to buy a new house in development but the builers are now not going ahead with the development. They want to cancel contract and repay my deposit (€100,000). However they have had my money for nearly 2 years. I have paid interest and legal fees amounting to about €5,000. I'm sure they have being earning interest on my money so why should I take the hit for €5,000 when they are the ones who cannot complete the contract. Can I force them to pay my interest and/or legals?
    With the market going downhill I'm sure there must be other similar cases so if anyone could advise I would be grateful.

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement