Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

City council office development

• 03-07-2008 10:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭

Does anyone know at what stage the new "office quarter" that the city Co is planning is at.
    I know they've purchased the old esb building from Bank of Scotland but have they began the planning process. Does anyone know what the timeline is for completion.
    And finally is it likely to go ahead with the economy going into a tail spin.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭merlante

sunnyse wrote: »
    Does anyone know at what stage the new "office quarter" that the city Co is planning is at.
    I know they've purchased the old esb building from Bank of Scotland but have they began the planning process. Does anyone know what the timeline is for completion.
    And finally is it likely to go ahead with the economy going into a tail spin.

I get the feeling they're in no rush... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭durrus

The last I saw there was a bit in the Phoenix column in the News and Star that said there was no timeline in City Council for this work to be done. I doubt we'll see anything before 2010.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Bards

durrus wrote: »
    The last I saw there was a bit in the Phoenix column in the News and Star that said there was no timeline in City Council for this work to be done. I doubt we'll see anything before 2010.

With money from the Gateway Fund now being cut by €100m, I find it hard to see this going ahead any time soon

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/frontpage/2008/0711/1215725795915.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

could be bad news for the proposed viking triangle and the footbridge across the river so, seeing as they were to be funded by (at least partially) by the gateway innovation fund.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Bards

• Advertisement
Advertisement