Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Portfolio Prep Courses

Options
  • 03-07-2008 10:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 606 ✭✭✭

Can anyone tell me of a good Portfolio Preparation course?
    And is it possible to go directly in to working in Art areas with this course without having to go to 3rd level art school? Thanks:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

I did mine at Colaiste Dhulaigh in Coolock. It's a full time 1 year course. I think nearly everyone in my year went on to study art related subjects at college.

The course teaches you the basics in Colour, paint, 3d, drawing, photography, communications, art history, computer graphics. I don't know of anyone going straight into an art related job after doing a portfolio course. Although it could be possible.

There's many other places to do portfolio prep courses - NCAD run one as well and it's a good one to do if you are looking to study there. Also there's IADT in Dun Laoghaire and Plunkett's in Whitehall. I think Sallynoggin do one as well.

Advertisement