Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Restaurant near the sea

• 03-07-2008 10:38am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41

Hi guys,
    does somebody know where can I find a good restaurant with a sea view close to Dublin (dalkey, dun laoghaire...I don't know)? To go with my girlfriend...something nice!

thanks!
    roberto

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,784 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

You could try Aqua in Howth.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭Whyner

Hill Billy wrote: »
    You could try Aqua in Howth.

Yip, I was brought to Aqua for my bday and it's amazing, great views of the harbour/sea and gorgeous food. Tad on the expensive side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41 robydrupo

Thanks guys! it seems to be a nice place...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

I like purple ocean or Toscana in Dun Laoghaire. I've had nice meals in both places. Toscana is the cheaper of the two if you're on a budget at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

also king sitric in howth, ask for a window table

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 586 ✭✭✭The Mighty Ken

There's always Cruzzo in Malahide. It's actually on the sea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,529 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

40 foot in Dun Laoghaire, though I believe it's called Bodega now, has tables with a good sea-view, though I understand since changing names is not a great culinary experience.

Barracuda in Bray also has a great sea-view, though again the dining experience is heading downhill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,784 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

There's also Blue Café Bar, the Lifeboat House & Stoop Your Head right on the harbour in Skerries. (The only westward-facing sea views along the east coast.)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,232 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Kinara in Clontarf, though I hate telling people as the more that know about it the harder it is to get a table.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

There are about 6 or more restaurants in Howth overlooking the Harbour/Sea. There are about 4 or so on the pier (The Ore House, Aqua, Deep, Ivans) and several along the Harbour (Pier 7, Casa Pasta, el Paso, Cibo's, The Wheelhouse, The Village etc.) but these are from memory only.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

I know Aqua is the total other end of the bay from you - but it has a great view - great food and some silly prices, but its defo a good spot to impress a lady friend. - Ask them on booking for a view out both sides if you get me.

Advertisement