Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MISSING CAT IN DUN LAOGHAIRE!!!

Options
  • 03-07-2008 10:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭

Hey, my cat is missing. I was away on holiday and my flatmate's were supposed to be looking after him but I got home yesterday and they said they haven't seen him since Friday. He's a bit of a wandering cat but never for more then one night!!!
    I've attached pictures of him, if anyone has seen him could you please let me know. He's is chipped and has a tag on his collar but he's so cute I'm afraid that someone might just fall in love and not bring him back.

even if you haven't seen him if you have advice on how to find him I'd really appreciate it. I've phoned all my local vets and I'm about to call the dspca and I've driven around some of his favorite haunts..... beyond that I'm at a loss

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

And again, I recommend the Pet Detective. Look at the threads here and you'll see an account of how he found a cat lost in the airport while being shipped abroad.

He uses cat tracking dogs, and has a good success rate.

http://www.happytailsdetective.com/

Oh, is that a Burmese? What a darling! *I* would have stolen him!

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭cotton

Where abouts in Dun Laoghaire?

I have colonies in DL & can keep my eye out for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Velvet Vocals

Hey cotton, sorry I'm only getting back to your post now didn't see it for some reason...
    I live on northumberland ave, just off the main street in dun laoghaire. When he's gone wandering before he's turned up around corrig park and once he was down in the peoples park but he's never been gone this long, only ever one night at most but he's gone over a week now.....I'm starting to think it might be too much to hope that he'll be found:(

thanks for your reply and do keep an eye out for me. x

luckat wrote: »
    And again, I recommend the Pet Detective. Look at the threads here and you'll see an account of how he found a cat lost in the airport while being shipped abroad.

He uses cat tracking dogs, and has a good success rate.

http://www.happytailsdetective.com/

Oh, is that a Burmese? What a darling! *I* would have stolen him!

well thats why I had him chipped coz everyone fell in love with him coz he's such a looker.
    I did take a look at the pet detective page, but they're very expensive.... I've done up posters and leaflets my self and I'll just have to keep looking.
    Thanks.

A saint of a woman found my cat and called me this morning. He's at the vets now, it looks like he's had a little brush with a car but he'll be fine. Just needs loads of tlc. aka an x-ray and a drip for the day.

Just thought I should warn anyone who's had their pets chipped to check and make sure that your details are coming up on the database because she brought him to a vet and they scanned his chip but his details didn't come up and the vet told her it was the second time he'd been brought in. Only she was so good and took him home and looked up the ISPCA website where I'd put up details I might never have gotten him back.
    My vet is checking into why my details weren't coming up because I'd registered and paid up and everything, but just in case, if you have your pet chipped ring the database company and make sure your details are there.

Thanks to everyone who posted up advice for me and kept an eye out for dusty.

• Advertisement
Advertisement