Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOL Coppers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

In fairness, it's definately not the first night stand that happened cos of Coppers that led to a baby and the mother not knowing who the father was :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

gogglebok wrote: »
    I think Min's point, and Ebonyellie's, is that she didn't do the sowing alone. But she is stuck with the reaping.

Why doesn't AH have the thank you button...

Yes she didn't do the deed alone and so she shouldn't pay the price alone!

boneyarsebogman; i think the story suggests she has asked for help from the Gardai

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,129 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

JaneyMc wrote: »
    She could just possibly be trying to find the father of her child so he can be included in the childs life? If it was myself in that situation I would do everything I could to find the father, I would not want my child growing up without one if I could help it.

Kerching!

Abortion is not illegal in England. How many people a year go over there to do this?

Adoption might be the better option if the mother cannot provide for the child by herself.

I think it would be more embarrassing herself than the guy to be honest. Nobody is going to make themselves known after it was made public like this. Contacting him by other means might however.

And she has no other options now, really. Coppers probably won't help her now that it is made public. It would just be giving them an even worse reputation (from what people are saying)

I read through the story again. It says she hired a P.I to track down the guy. But they have no legal powers as such, with regards to obtaining CCTV footage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

Women have a responsibility to themselves to not put themselves in this situation. If you're planning on bumping uglies with a guy, protection or not, you should at the least have his fecking name!

I have sympathy for her in so far as she now has a child she hadn't planned, but I don't expect the guy to come forward now either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

Abortion is not illegal in England. How many people a year go over there to do this?

Adoption might be the better option if the mother cannot provide for the child by herself.

I think it would be more embarrassing herself than the guy to be honest. Nobody is going to make themselves known after it was made public like this. Contacting him by other means might however.

And she has no other options now, really. Coppers probably won't help her now that it is made public. It would just be giving them an even worse reputation (from what people are saying)

She lives in Ireland not England - perhaps she is anti-abortion anyway?

Where in the story does it suggest she cant take care of the child herself?

It is embarrassing for both - but no less him than her - they both had a one night stand with someone they barely know.

Coppers have no responsibility to help people who become impregnanted after meeting someone on their premises.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,330 ✭✭✭Homer

Surely going national can be seen as embarrassing HIM for his behaviour - shame on him, sleeping with a girl and never calling her!!!

Who else thinks we need a pic of said girl? Then we can decide whether he should have rang her or not? And more importantly whether he would own up in public to giving the pork sword to said girl??

Just a thought?

/if she's like any nurse I know he'll be heading for the hills of clontibret already/

She lives in Ireland not England - perhaps she is anti-abortion anyway?

Where in the story does it suggest she cant take care of the child herself?

It is embarrassing for both - but no less him than her - they both had a one night stand with someone they barely know.

Coppers have no responsibility to help people who become impregnanted after meeting someone on their premises.

You do realise that you can get a plane to England for as cheap as 20euros nowadays, don't you?

Now I should say that I do have sympathy for the woman. But making it public like this is going to do nothing. Nobody is going to come forward like this and admit responsibility.

industria wrote: »
    Who else thinks we need a pic of said girl? Then we can decide whether he should have rang her or not? And more importantly whether he would own up in public to giving the pork sword to said girl??

Just a thought?

/if she's like any nurse I know he'll be heading for the hills of clontibret already/
    LMAO...

Lads i am forced to believe ye are not serious with your generalisation of the girl's character and decisions...

Oh and a pic would be nice... either way she deserves a phone call... now see why i don't do one nighters!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

The amount of undeserved abuse for this girl and double standards from alot of posters in this thread is unreal.The guy bears just as much responisbility for the pregnancy as she does. There is nothing wrong with having sex, so why all the abuse? Admittedly, having unprotected sex is not the smartest thing in the world, but we don't even know if this is the case. And if it is, then they both had unprotected sex, not just the girl.

As for her going public, it seems to be a good way to try to track down the father given she knows so little about him. And there is absolutley nothing wrong with trying to track down the father.

If I were in this position, I would very much want to be informed that I had fathered a child. However I would never have unprotected sex, so the chances are at least reduced. Also I never seem to score anymore, but thats another story:(.

MIN2511 wrote: »
    LMAO...

Lads i am forced to believe ye are not serious with your generalisation of the girl's character and decisions...

Oh and a pic would be nice... either way she deserves a phone call... now see why i don't do one nighters!

What's to say that they even exchanged phone numbers?

You do realise that you can get a plane to England for as cheap as 20euros nowadays, don't you?

Now I should say that I do have sympathy for the woman. But making it public like this is going to do nothing. Nobody is going to come forward like this and admit responsibility.

No matter how cheap a plane to England, if she is anti-abortion even a free flight wouldnt matter. Abortion should not be used as a method of contraception anyway - but thats a different story.

I doubt the guy himself will admit responsibility - but you never know, someone might dob him in. If he has a habit of womanising with the ladies perhaps a disgruntled ex will pass along his contact details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

Which is worse for the child. Growing up fatherless? Or growing up knowing your Mammy had to go on the Radio to find your Daddy?

What's to say that they even exchanged phone numbers?

Very true!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 696 ✭✭✭gogglebok

Maybe she thinks the father has a right to know about his child, and to be consulted about those decisions. Anyway, those other options don't remove her right to support from the father if she does decide to bring up the child.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

No mention of the lads name and an 2 possible dates on which it could have happened... I can't help but feel she was so plastered that none of the details she gave can be trusted.
    So firstly is this lad going to be up for rape considering the probability that she was in no state to be making decisions and secondly is it really fair of her to try track him down like this when he had no input as to whether or not she keep the baby? For all we know he's happily engaged at the moment and she's going to come along and start stirring up things because she was rather daft (deciding to keep the baby from a one night stand with a lad you can't even name and then actually trying to find him after the fact sounds pretty darn stupid to me).
    She's probably looking for the wallet, not the man.
    Have to agree.
    Wallet or not... he has to pay, she bloody carried that baby for 9months!
    Is that really any different to if you enter your details in a website, suffer identity theft and they buy something, you knew it was a risk and even though you'd no input into their purchase you, by your logic, should have to pay anyway.
    She chose, without any consultation with him, to keep the child, why should he be held to account for her buyer's remorse?
    Lads seriously, if ye are taking the piss fair enough but imagine being told you are a bastard?:eek:

That wouldn't sit well would it?
    Actually by the old definition of a child born out of wed-lock I am a bastard and I'm quite ok with it, thanks.:)

And anyway, who can believe this story about being from england and liking football. He could have made it all up.

Like the time I convinced some chick I was from Australia.

farohar wrote: »
    No mention of the lads name and an 2 possible dates on which it could have happened... I can't help but feel she was so plastered that none of the details she gave can be trusted.
    So firstly is this lad going to be up for rape considering the probability that she was in no state to be making decisions and secondly is it really fair of her to try track him down like this when he had no say in whether or not she keep the baby?

Way to jump to conclusions batman. There is absolutley nothing in the article to suggest she was 'plastered'. Mentioning two dates just means she can't remember if she went to Coppers on the Friday night or the Saturday night, which is hardly unusual, given that it was over a year ago.

Also, I actually can't believe so many people would prefer not to know they had fathered a child.

SheroN wrote: »
    And anyway, who can believe this story about being from england and liking football. He could have made it all up.

Like the time I convinced some chick I was from Australia.
    Was that you?

You have to wonder why the girl didn't try to acquire the morning after pill? As a nurse surely she could get a perscription relatively easily.

• Advertisement

You have to wonder why the girl didn't try to acquire the morning after pill? As a nurse surely she could get a perscription relatively easily.

Maybe she did and it didn't work? It's not 100%

Yeah, this is very true. Speculatively, I would lean towards the conclusion that they did use protection and it failed.

Wreck wrote: »
    Also, I actually can't believe so many people would prefer not to know they had fathered a child.

This is an excellent point - would most guys really prefer not to know? Or is that more an immaturity thing, not wanting to take on responsibility etc....?

Way to jump to conclusions batman. There is absolutley nothing in the article to suggest she was 'plastered'. Mentioning two dates just means she can't remember if she went to Coppers on the Friday night or the Saturday night, which is hardly unusual, given that it was over a year ago.

Wow, must be great for you that you can go out any night of the week and have sex with a stranger, for most normal folk if we went out, met someone and had sex with them we'd damn well remember when it was.
    So either she was pretty wasted or she doesn't know who the father is in terms of which one of the multitude she slept with.

Wow, must be great for you that you can go out any night of the week and have sex with a stranger, for most normal folk if we went out, met someone and had sex with them we'd damn well remember when it was.
    So either she was pretty wasted or she doesn't know who the father is in terms of which one of the multitude she slept with.

Even if you only tried to remember it months afterwards? At this stage the child is 5 months old so she is trying to remember the date of a one night stand that took place 14 months ago.

Depends, if she looked like this nurse I'd sure want to know..

However, if she looked like this nurse well....??

You get the point.

The point is she knows which weekend it was, She just can't remember if she went out on the Friday night or the Saturday night. There is nothing to suggest she went out both nights, or slept with anyone else ever in her whole life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Something tells me the dad is gone to ground! :eek:

Even if you only tried to remember it months afterwards? At this stage the child is 5 months old so she is trying to remember the date of a one night stand that took place 14 months ago.

She claims she had began trying to find him soon after she found out she was pregnant => at most 9 months after the event and realistically probably about 2-3months later. What date he was there would have been among the first details the private detectives would have asked for.
    or slept with anyone else ever in her whole life.
    Then she'd DEFINITELY remember the date. Go pull the other one it has bells on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭CountingCrows

There is nothing to suggest she went out both nights, or slept with anyone else ever in her whole life.

...apart from the fact that she's a nurse who goes to Coppers and brought a stranger home!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭ems_12

:eek:My mind went a bit overdrive on this one - purely from a practical point of view it would be good to know your parents......what happens if your father (who you don't know) has other kids too. Then you're out one night in a club, meet a great guy/girl, start a relationship with them (even meet their parents!!)......but you could be their half sibling?!!

She claims she had began trying to find him soon after she found out she was pregnant => at most 9 months after the event and realistically probably about 2-3months later. What date he was there would have been among the first details the private detectives would have asked for.

Then she'd DEFINITELY remember the date. Go pull the other one it has bells on it.

Even 2 or 3 months later - I cant remember what night I was out over the weekend 2 months ago!!!! Perhaps a social event is such a big deal in your life that the date is indelibly etched in your memory - but not for most people.

So what if she had sex with a number of different people in her life or just one? Its not a crime to have sex - its a healthy fun activity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 mr.jones

so she's now struggling to pay the bills and needs someone to mind the baby while she goes out to ...coppers probably.
    gg i hope he stays on the low down

Even 2 or 3 months later - I cant remember what night I was out over the weekend 2 months ago!!!! Perhaps a social event is such a big deal in your life that the date is indelibly etched in your memory - but not for most people.

So what if she had sex with a number of different people in her life or just one? Its not a crime to have sex - its a healthy fun activity.

The point is quite simply that you are taking her as a credible source of information on a partner when she cannot remember his name or the date, can you really trust any of the other details, knowing that odds are the beer goggles were in full use on that night. Then, the fact that she doesn't know the lads name means how do we know that he even told her genuine details as opposed to lies.
    So firstly she's a twit to expect this to yield the actual lad, secondly I can see innocent lads being hauled up and made social lepers of as a result just because of her, credibly questionable, details on this man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

ems_12 wrote: »
    My mind went a bit overdrive on this one - purely from a practical point of view it would be good to know your parents......what happens if your father (who you don't know) has other kids too. Then you're out one night in a club, meet a great guy/girl, start a relationship with them (even meet their parents!!)......but you could be their half sibling?!!

Heh, last night's House episode was actually about exactly that.

It happens in real life too. Not that often probably but more often than people would think, I'd say.

ems_12 wrote: »
    :eek:My mind went a bit overdrive on this one - purely from a practical point of view it would be good to know your parents......what happens if your father (who you don't know) has other kids too. Then you're out one night in a club, meet a great guy/girl, start a relationship with them (even meet their parents!!)......but you could be their half sibling?!!

I know someone who has had something similar happen to him...

He kissed some chick who he reckons is his sister:eek:

The point is quite simply that you are taking her as a credible source of information on a partner when she cannot remember his name or the date, can you really trust any of the other details, knowing that odds are the beer goggles were in full use on that night. Then, the fact that she doesn't know the lads name means how do we know that he even told her genuine details as opposed to lies.
    So firstly she's a twit to expect this to yield the actual lad, secondly I can see innocent lads being hauled up and made social lepers of as a result just because of her, credibly questionable, details on this man.

A credible source of information? She has stated the facts as she knows them - what else do you expect her to do? Nobody knows if he has given the proper details. Its a long shot - but its a chance.

Being made a social leper for having a one night stand with a nurse you met in copper face jacks? What country are you living in? Afganistan?
    How on earth would anything about the situation make the guy a social leper?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,854 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

So hes from Birmingham and likes soccer! that narrows it down! Run for the hills. run for your life... If you are that guy!

that odds are the beer goggles were in full use on that night.

Yup.. Probably got the beer scooter back to her place too!

• Advertisement

Being made a social leper for having a one night stand with a nurse you met in copper face jacks? What country are you living in? Afganistan?
    How on earth would anything about the situation make the guy a social leper?

Well if it doesn't matter enough to affect him socially it doesn't matter enough to society to pander to the idiot's whims of finding a man who she thinks looks like x y and z and she thinks she slept with on one of two nights. Either people care about the issue or they don't, if they don't then it will have no impact upon the lad's social standing and no-one will even attempt to identify him, if it does then people will attempt to identify him and how he reacts and whether or not he himself came forward will have people making judgements of him, just as people (myself included) are judging this woman to be a bit on the dense side.

The point is quite simply that you are taking her as a credible source of information on a partner when she cannot remember his name or the date, can you really trust any of the other details.

Thats not the what you orignally said, you suggested that because she couldn't remember a date she was so 'plastered' that the guy might face rape charges. As for her bieng a credible source of information, what would be the point of her stating things that are false or inacurate. she is after all trying to find this guy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

weemcd wrote: »
    classy bird - makin a fúckin show of herself to the nation, hardly surprising in days where actin the complete whore (thank you big brother) will make you a national celebrity.

while i do feel bad for the babby, her mother is an absolute moron... theres a part of me who hopes this chap gets away scot free...

1. She's doing this anonymously, so not making a show of herself.
    2. You imply she made a complete whore of herself. How so?
    3. Why is she a moron? For getting pregnant? Could happen to anyone.

And to those who say she's a nurse, she should have been on the pill. Maybe she was. Sometimes it doesn't work.

Thats not the what you orignally said, you suggested that because she couldn't remember a date she was so 'plastered' that the guy might face rape charges. As for her bieng a credible source of information, what would be the point of her stating things that are false or inacurate. she is after all trying to find this guy.

Credibility isn't about whether you believe something to be accurate, it's only about whether or not it is likely to be accurate.
    Ask a blind man what colour was the bus and even if he'd previously been told it was green do you think someone hearing a blind man say the bus was green will accept that as gospel? Why do you think they might question it?

Fact is if it was so long between the event and her deciding to look for him that she can't remember the date it's very much doubtful that her memory of the man is all that accurate either.

Let's put it this way: Do you think she'll be taking random guys home again any time soon?

Lesson learned. Exercise more caution in future.

kraggy wrote: »
    1. She's doing this anonymously, so not making a show of herself.

Hardly!! Her name and profession have been mentioned. Roisin the nurse?She's had a baby five months ago. OK so not everybody will know her from that, but anybody who works with her and reads the article or hears Ray Darcy's show would immediately cop on it was her. Doesn't take much gossip talk from there for it to spread like wildfire so everybody in her village/town, workplace etc would know it was her and she (in my opinion) would be a laughing stock based on what happened and her efforts to find the father.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Hardly!! Her name and profession have been mentioned. Roisin the nurse?She's had a baby five months ago. OK so not everybody will know her from that, but anybody who works with her and reads the article or hears Ray Darcy's show would immediately cop on it was her. Doesn't take much gossip talk from there for it to spread like wildfire so everybody in her village/town, workplace etc would know it was her and she (in my opinion) would be a laughing stock based on what happened and her efforts to find the father.

Roisin the nurse. Yeah that really narrows it down.

Why would she be a laughing stock? Thousands of people have one night stands. Thousands of people use protection and it fails.
    Anyone who thinks she is a laughing stock is clearly too immature to see that she is actually doing the right thing by her child by making an effort to find the father.

Credibility isn't about whether you believe something to be accurate, it's only about whether or not it is likely to be accurate.

The fact that giving out inaccurate infromation would be pointless and self-defeating given she is trying to find the guy lends to the credibility of her statments. This is not the same thing as accepting something as 'Gospel'.

kraggy wrote: »
    Roisin the nurse. Yeah that really narrows it down.
    Yes, it does. Let's say there was a nurse living in your town named Roisin. And she had a baby five months ago. And she's not married. Would you not be able to put two and two together?

Most would.

Fact is if it was so long between the event and her deciding to look for him that she can't remember the date it's very much doubtful that her memory of the man is all that accurate either.

Well you mention in an earlier post that she started looking for him as soon as she knew she was pregnant - so not so long between event and her trying to find him.
    I hardly think not being able to remember if it was a Friday or Saturday night affects her credibility - perhaps she goes out a lot so this one weekend didnt stand out in her mind too much.

• Advertisement
Advertisement