Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOL Coppers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭NorfolkEnchants

This thread is getting off point a little.

Bottom line - what a hero

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,330 ✭✭✭Homer

Why would she be a laughing stock?

Irish attitude and mentality. I'm not saying it's right but of course I think people would point and laugh at her situation and the way she has gone about things.

Thousands of people have one night stands. Thousands of people use protection and it fails.

Agreed. But thousands of people don't go on national radio in an effort to find the father a year and a half later knowing little or nothing about the father.

Anyone who thinks she is a laughing stock is clearly too immature to see that she is actually doing the right thing by her child by making an effort to find the father.
    Is she really doing the right thing or is she a gold digger? We don't know her true motives for wanting to find the father? Why did she wait so long?
    Of course she could be genuine but don't assume she is and berate other people for inferring otherwise?[/
    QUOTE]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

This thread is getting off point a little

I agree, apologies. Back on topic, I strongly disagree with the atitude of a lot of posters which can be summed up as 'drunken slapper gets what she deserves and should not try to find the father', while praising the guy for getting his hole and 'getting away with it'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Mirror wrote: »
    Yes, it does. Let's say there was a nurse living in your town named Roisin. And she had a baby five months ago. And she's not married. Would you not be able to put two and two together?

Most would.

Perhaps she's not from a small town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

industria wrote: »
    Is she really doing the right thing or is she a gold digger? We don't know her true motives for wanting to find the father? Why did she wait so long?
    Of course she could be genuine but don't assume she is and berate other people for inferring otherwise?

Why would she be called a gold digger at all? A man should be made to take on his financial responsibilities for his own child surely? If she found him and took him to court for maintenance she would only be awarded money to support the child - she herself wouldnt benefit - I dont understand how a girl can be construed as a gold digger for expecting a man to take on his financial responsibilities to a child that he played a part in bringing into the world?

kraggy wrote: »

All nurses are from small rural towns! Fact! Even small filipino towns!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭woodyg

I wonder did she call the baby Jacqueline? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

kraggy wrote: »
    I didn't say a small town did I? If you knew her, the size of the town would be irrelevant! Honestly...

Wreck wrote: »
    I agree, apologies. Back on topic, I strongly disagree with the atitude of a lot of posters which can be summed up as 'drunken slapper gets what she deserves and should not try to find the father', while praising the guy for getting his hole and 'getting away with it'.
    stfu

I have sympathy for the child. But she was a dumb cow and it serves her right.

And point of fact, if men had the kids and women just "got their hole", I'd be calling the guy a dumb cow.

While gently rubbing my also inevitably impregnated belly.

This is what I mean by getting off topic. The original post was meant to give people a little laugh at the girl's situation, it was not intended to provoke a moralistic debate on the responsibilities of the father of the child.

All credit to the lad for getting his hole. That's the bottom line. I was in Coppers last night and didn't even get a sniff of hole, not a sniff. The football excuse, what a hero

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Defenestrate

She probably told him to 'hoss it up de boss' too.

But she was a dumb cow and it serves her right.

Nice - I hope you never have a daughter who has to come home and tell you she is pregnant from a one night stand with a stranger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭Ciaran B

Dave! wrote: »
    Something tells me the dad is gone to ground! :eek:

I'd say the babydaddy was on the first flight back to Brum after that radio broadcast.

stfu

I have sympathy for the child. But she was a dumb cow and it serves her right.

And point of fact, if men had the kids and women just "got their hole", I'd be calling the guy a dumb cow.

While gently rubbing my also inevitably impregnated belly.

Sorry but I guess we are just going to have to disagree. Imo, the man is equally responsible. Calling her a dumb cow is just unwarranted. Fair enough, having uprotected sex is a really stupid thing to do, but we don't even know if this is the case. And if having unprotected sex is a stupid thing, it follows that the man did a stupid thing also, so why are you not refering to him as a 'dumb cow'?

Ciaran B wrote: »
    I'd say the babydaddy was on the first flight back to Brum after that radio broadcast.

Reckon babydaddy had to leave Brum due to a similar scenario over there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭Imhof Tank

This sounds a lot like Roddy Doyle's The Snapper

Rosin the Nurse = Sharon
    Birmingham Footballer = Fictional Spanish Sailor
    ?? = Georgie Burgess

"

Nice - I hope you never have a daughter who has to come home and tell you she is pregnant from a one night stand with a stranger.
    I hope I meet you some night, ride the bladder o' ye and plant my little seed. Then you can deal with our daughter when she's dumb enough to do like poor old Roisin there.

P.S. If you wish for a more intellectual debate on the matter, please attempt to actually address my post. Alternatively, you can call 1890-555-****OFF to speak to a representative. Who will probably tell you to fuck off...

This is what I mean by getting off topic. The original post was meant to give people a little laugh at the girl's situation, it was not intended to provoke a moralistic debate on the responsibilities of the father of the child.

All credit to the lad for getting his hole. That's the bottom line. I was in Coppers last night and didn't even get a sniff of hole, not a sniff. The football excuse, what a hero

Couldn't have put it better myself!

/off to practice english accent and my keepie uppy skills to impress potential wimmenz/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

The fact that giving out inaccurate infromation would be pointless and self-defeating given she is trying to find the guy lends to the credibility of her statments. This is not the same thing as accepting something as 'Gospel'.

Seeking a guy who's name she doesn't even know, using memories recalled through the haze of a drunken one nighter sounds pretty pointless to me, more to the point intentions and the strength of them have SFA to do with credibility, seriously go look up the word as clearly you have little idea of its meaning.
    Once more I state that the information supplied by her could be completely inaccurate and is proabably at least partly so, and as she's a twit for wasting peoples' time trying to deal with her mistake.

The lad was a fool for sleeping with someone who didn't even know his name as for all he knew she may have been under age or riddled with STDs.

The baby is misfortunate, not just for the circumstances of its conception and the absense of its father, but also for the fact that it was born to a mum who's clearly either not the brightest or not of sound mind. Lets all hold our breath for when the mum goes on the national radio to try find the baby's binky, which she can't remember the colour of and can't remember what date it was lost on.:rolleyes:

This is not the first incident of it's kind, a teenager (underage) was out celebrating her JC results a few years ago and had much the same happen, lad over on holidays from the UK hooks up with her, has his way & goes home, she turns out to be pregnant and family are furious, try to find the lad with the details the girl remembers from her drunken fumble -> no luck. At least that girl I'd have simpathy for as she was just a teenager so some degree of stupidity as regards looking after herself while drunk is to be expected, Roisin is a fully grown woman and should behave as such & take responsibility for her own actions and subsequent decisions (e.g. to keep the child in spite of the father not being around).

• Advertisement

Sorry but I guess we are just going to have to disagree. Imo, the man is equally responsible. Calling her a dumb cow is just unwarranted. Fair enough, having uprotected sex is a really stupid thing to do, but we don't even know if this is the case. And if having unprotected sex is a stupid thing, it follows that the man did a stupid thing also, so why are you not refering to him as a 'dumb cow'?

Holy **** on a stick! :eek: Did you read my post???
    Mirror wrote:

I don't think Roisin is the only dumb one around here... :rolleyes:

I don't think Roisin is the only dumb one around here... :rolleyes:

Yes I did.You said
    if men had the kids I'd be calling the guy a dumb cow
    This is clearly not the case.
    I asked given that both of them did this stupid thing, why do you not refer to the guy as a 'dumb cow'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

i'd say she wouldn't recognise him if he pulled her over for driving on a provisional

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

A nurse called Roisin, picked up whilst drunk in Coppers. Some stereotypes do hold up it seems :)

farohar wrote: »
    The lad was a fool for sleeping with someone who didn't even know his name as for all he knew she may have been under age or riddled with STDs.

+1

Totally agree with that. I think there is a degree of foolishness on both sides.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

this is all so funny.

wreck your great, defended the "underdog" all the way through, give this man a nobel prize for his humanitarian work

and get this girl a chasity belt

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

This is clearly not the case.
    I asked given that both of them did this stupid thing, why do you not refer to the guy as a 'dumb cow'.

why do people come on boards to pick at each other
    do they do it in real life

only people who have regrets are stupid for doing things
    the copper in question (sorry some bloke over for the footie)
    got his hole and now is probably laughing to him self after hearing darcy the other morning thinking "that coulda been me"

she however is the laughying stock of the buff nurses association of ireland not knowing to use adequate protection

Yes - your posts are the ramblings of an idiot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

She got fùcked!!!!!!!! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Defenestrate

Kinetic^ wrote: »
    She got fùcked!!!!!!!! :pac:

That's how it works mate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

I hope the guy doesn't remember the night/morning of it at all. They should rename the face LOLLERFACE JAX.

• Advertisement

Seeking a guy who's name she doesn't even know, using memories recalled through the haze of a drunken one nighter sounds pretty pointless to me, more to the point intentions and the strength of them have SFA to do with credibility, seriously go look up the word as clearly you have little idea of its meaning.
    Once more I state that the information supplied by her could be completely inaccurate and is proabably at least partly so, and as she's a twit for wasting peoples' time trying to deal with her mistake.

I'm not going to get into an argument about semantics, but I can assure you I fully understand the meaning of the word credibility.
    Inaccurate or not, her recollection of the guy is all she has to go on. I don't see how she is wasting anyone's time, and I think trying to find the father is a reasonable thing to do. Given Darcy has a record for faciliating this kind of thing, it makes sense that she would contact the show in an attempt to find the father. Whether she is sucessful in doing so remains to be seen.
    Roisin is a fully grown woman and should behave as such & take responsibility for her own actions and subsequent decisions (e.g. to keep the child in spite of the father not being around).

There is nothing to suggest that she is not taking responsibility for her actions. Indeed, it seems to me that trying to find the father is the responsible thing to do.

I'm not going to get into an argument about semantics, but I can assure you I fully understand the meaning of the word credibility.
    Inaccurate or not, her recollection of the guy is all she has to go on. I don't see how she is wasting anyone's time, and I think trying to find the father is a reasonable thing to do. Given Darcy has a record for faciliating this kind of thing, it makes sense that she would contact the show in an attempt to find the father. Whether she is sucessful in doing so remains to be seen.

There is nothing to suggest that she is not taking responsibility for her actions. Indeed, it seems to me that trying to find the father is the responsible thing to do.

Absolutely agree with everything in this post

Lets all hold our breath for when the mum goes on the national radio to try find the baby's binky, which she can't remember the colour of and can't remember what date it was lost on.:rolleyes:

Bwahahahahahahah classic! :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

its the right thing not the responsible thing.

are you in some way connected to this girl or experienced something similar, your arguements seem to push this.

tho i pity the girl, i have no doubt shes reading this, given the sites size and whatnot.

hi roisin

wonder if she'll call the kid jackie?

wreck your great, defended the "underdog" all the way through, give this man a nobel prize for his humanitarian work

I'd prefer some kind of cash reward please.

tho i pity the girl, i have no doubt shes reading this, given the sites size and whatnot.

If she is Id say she is delighted - regardless of what people think of her, the more people who read this and talk about it the better chance she has of tracking the guy down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I hope I meet you some night, ride the bladder o' ye and plant my little seed. Then you can deal with our daughter when she's dumb enough to do like poor old Roisin there.

P.S. If you wish for a more intellectual debate on the matter, please attempt to actually address my post. Alternatively, you can call 1890-555-****OFF to speak to a representative. Who will probably tell you to fuck off...
    I rang that number and it wouldn't connect :(

Anyway, as NorfolkEnchants said, this is all going off topic. The point is, it's very very funny if you're not involved.

Yes - your posts are the ramblings of an idiot.
    I thank you for your opinion. Excuse me a moment while I fail to give a crap.

Here's a picture of me trying to give a crap:http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2008/02/funny-pictures-black-cat-sees-caption.jpg

humanji wrote: »

Anyway, as NorfolkEnchants said, this is all going off topic. The point is, it's very very funny if you're not involved.

+1

Which should be the population of the country minus 1 :p

/ok 1 and a half if you include the bastard/

humanji wrote: »

Actually, it would be funnier if you were involved! As long as you weren't Roisin.

Or the kid.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

kevin doyle is trying writing after not having much luck at reading

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

its the right thing not the responsible thing.

are you in some way connected to this girl or experienced something similar, your arguements seem to push this.

+1 on both points.

In fact, can we blame the lad for disappearing, he meets some lass who doesn't ask his name and offers him a shag regardless, he then makes a hasty exit afterwards. Odds are the poor lad is thinking "wow, slept with a hooker and didn't even have to pay, best be careful not to run into her again or her pimp will break my legs!" Poor guy probably only realised in the morning he'd forgetten to visit a drink-link in his drunken stupor and then paniced at having to explain he couldn't pay. :P

In fact, can we blame the lad for disappearing, he meets some lass who doesn't ask his name and offers him a shag regardless, he then makes a hasty exit afterwards. Odds are the poor lad is thinking "wow, slept with a hooker and didn't even have to pay, best be careful not to run into her again or her pimp will break my legs!" Poor guy probably only realised in the morning he'd forgetten to visit a drink-link in his drunken stupor and then paniced at having to explain he couldn't pay. :P

She knew his first name. She could well have asked his surname but forgot it after the event. He may not have asked her name - they are equally as bad as each other, I dont understand why the girl is being referred to as being a hooker? The guy was just as much an equal party in it all.
    If you think that a one night stand makes a girl a hooker then youre not living in the real world.

She knew his first name. She could well have asked his surname but forgot it after the event. He may not have asked her name - they are equally as bad as each other, I dont understand why the girl is being referred to as being a hooker? The guy was just as much an equal party in it all.
    If you think that a one night stand makes a girl a hooker then youre not living in the real world.

well i think hooker is meant loosely ( no pun intended...or is there...:D). hooker is meant in the way...she seems...SEEMS from the evidence to be easy, coppers, girl, sex... its typical coppers behavior, and everyone knows coppers girls are easy

http://youtube.com/watch?v=5wN1O63ix5c

thats yer daddy right there, its how he got her in the sack

It's you, isn't it? Because according to the article she does not know his name.

Kudos for the effort though!

well i think hooker is meant loosely ( no pun intended...or is there...:D). hooker is meant in the way...she seems...SEEMS from the evidence to be easy, coppers, girl, sex... its typical coppers behavior, and everyone knows coppers girls are easy

so why doesnt he seem easy then?
    She went to coppers, met someone, had sex with them.
    He went to coppers, met someone, had sex with them.

I dont see a difference in behaviour!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

DarkJager wrote: »
    So she acted the slut and now wants to find the guy so she can reap the maintenance payments from him? Sounds like a nice girl alright.
    She acted the slut? She had a one-night stand :confused: Do you have one-night stands? Or are you against them? What if you brought home a girl you really fancied and she didn't want sex - would you be pissed off? Calling her a frigid possibly?
    Id say her parents are really proud of the daughter they raised!:P

In these times of infecyion, std's etc, a nurse has unprotected sex. Yeh, real classy. Next she'll be suing coppers because they allowed her to get so drunk she had unprotected sex!!!! :mad:
    marti101 wrote: »
    And shes a nurse she must have **** for brains.Didnt she hear of the morning after pill or condoms,no wonder our health service is ****e.ESPECIALLY WITH "NURSES LIKE THAT"
    Oh right. I didn't realise the onus was purely on the woman to use protection. Even though a condom is actually put on the penis... Interesting.
    weemcd wrote: »
    theres a part of me who hopes this chap gets away scot free...
    But... he impregnated her :confused:
    'Ol wrote:
    What a dumbass! firstly for getting up the duff
    Oh so she's a self-fertilising hermaphrodite type.
    She didn't have to carry it for 9 months. It was her decision to keep it.
    Maybe she couldn't afford an abortion.
    Women have a responsibility to themselves to not put themselves in this situation. If you're planning on bumping uglies with a guy, protection or not, you should at the least have his fecking name!
    Look, if you're a guy who has one-night stands, what you've said above is just a huge joke.
    The amount of undeserved abuse for this girl and double standards from alot of posters in this thread is unreal.The guy bears just as much responisbility for the pregnancy as she does. There is nothing wrong with having sex, so why all the abuse?
    Oh there is if you're female and it's a one-night stand. Apparently females who have one-night stands have to drag guys into their bed and force penises into themselves and beat the guys into submitting to have their cocks sucked...

Silly, irresponsible girl who had sex with a silly, irresponsible boy.

And she may simply be curious as to who the father of her child is, how the **** do any of you know she's only chasing maintenance? And if the "poor" guy didn't want to father a child and later on get caught for maintenance, he should have used a condom. If she said she was on the pill, he should have still used a condom.

Can't believe the assholes here. You disgust me. Stop having one-night stands so if you're going to view the women whom you sleep with like that. Otherwise you're grotesque hypocrites. Think you can stop having those one-night stands? Nope, didn't think so...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭brick tamland

in fairness how many lads havent had a one night stand with a nurse in coppers. its not like they go there for the music or the decor is it.

i'd be fairly sure that this lad is a policeman called sean or finbar and was just doing an accent:D

What you're saying he was an overweight bob marley impersonator??

Surely that'll narrow the search down :p

• Advertisement

so why doesnt he seem easy then?
    She went to coppers, met someone, had sex with them.
    He went to coppers, met someone, had sex with them.

I dont see a difference in behaviour!

he's easy too, clearly.

but he's not the one with the baby is he

your some wally

Advertisement