Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOL Coppers

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

industria wrote: »
    What you're saying he was an overweight bob marley impersonator??

Surely that'll narrow the search down :p

not in coppers it dont :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

Dudess wrote: »
    She acted the slut? She had a one-night stand :confused: Do you have one-night stands? Or are you against them? What if you brought home a girl you really fancied and she didn't want sex - would you be pissed off? Calling her a frigid possibly?

Oh right. I didn't realise the onus was purely on the woman to use protection. Even though a condom is actually put on the penis... Interesting.

But... he impregnated her :confused:

Oh so she's a self-fertilising hermaphrodite type.

Maybe she couldn't afford an abortion.

Women have a responsibility to themselves to not put themselves in this situation. If you're planning on bumping uglies with a guy, protection or not, you should at the least have his fecking name!

Look, if you're a guy who has one-night stands, what you've said above is just a huge joke.

Oh there is if you're female and it's a one-night stand. Apparently females who have one-night stands have to drag guys into their bed and force penises into themselves and beat the guys into submitting to have his cock sucked...

Silly, irresponsible girl who had sex with a silly, irresponsible boy.

And she may simply be curious as to who the father of her child is, how the **** do any of you know she's only chasing maintenance. And if the "poor" guy didn't want to father a child and later on get caught for maintenance, he should have used a condom. If she said she was on the pill, he should have still used a condom.

Can't believe the assholes here. You disgust me. Stop having one-night stands so if you're going to view the women whom you sleep with like that. Otherwise you're grotesque hypocrites. Think you can stop having those one-night stands? Nope, didn't think so...

Brilliant, brilliant post.

he's easy too, clearly.

but he's not the one with the baby is he

your some wally

Would you care to elaborate on why I am some wally for not perceiving a difference in the behaviour of 2 consenting adults who agree to a 1 night stand. Nature dictates that SHE has the baby - of course she is the one with the baby - did you somehow expect the guy to be the one with it? Do you understand basic anatomy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

in fairness how many lads havent had a one night stand with a nurse in coppers. its not like they go there for the music or the decor is it.

i'd be fairly sure that this lad is a policeman called sean or finbar and was just doing an accent:D
    Dudess wrote:
    Look, if you're a guy who has one-night stands, what you've said above is just a huge joke.

How so? I've had one night stands. I've never failed to get the name of the girl in question. And generally a lot more information to boot, considering I would have spent a fair portion of the night chatting to them. This is called flirting, and is generally pre-emptive to any given one night stand. I'll also generally manage a phone number, though it's not required.

• Advertisement

Mirror wrote: »
    How so? I've had one night stands. I've never failed to get the name of the girl in question. And generally a lot more information to boot, considering I would have spent a fair portion of the night chatting to them. This is called flirting, and is generally pre-emptive to any given one night stand. I'll also generally manage a phone number, though it's not required.

And how much of that information would you be able to recall 2 months or more later? Very little Id imagine - although considering your previous posts I cant imagine you being capable of scoring a one night stand in the first place.

Not true. I once made sweet love to a girl from New Jersey under the alias Derek Hornby.
    True Story.
    ^5 :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

And she may simply be curious as to who the father of her child is, how the **** do any of you know she's only chasing maintenance? And if the "poor" guy didn't want to father a child and later on get caught for maintenance, he should have used a condom. If she said she was on the pill, he should have still used a condom.

Can't believe the assholes here. You disgust me. Stop having one-night stands so if you're going to view the women whom you sleep with like that. Otherwise you're grotesque hypocrites.

QFT.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Would you care to elaborate on why I am some wally for not perceiving a difference in the behaviour of 2 consenting adults who agree to a 1 night stand. Nature dictates that SHE has the baby - of course she is the one with the baby - did you somehow expect the guy to be the one with it? Do you understand basic anatomy?

you argued a obvious point with me, thats why i think your a wally, questioning basic anatomy with me also constitutes me calling you a wally. one night stands when drunk arent 'agreed to' they HAPPEN. But as we all know, not being a di*k or anything, a guy can have one and walk away as long as
    a.he lies about where he's from
    b.he gives a fake name ie. john doe, joe bloggs, mickey mouse
    c. he avoids the club for a few weeks so he doesnt see her again too much after, making identifying the poor bloke easier

And how much of that information would you be able to recall 2 months or more later? Very little Id imagine - although considering your previous posts I cant imagine you being capable of scoring a one night stand in the first place.
    I could tell you most of it now, about one night stands that took place over a year ago. And the fact that you judge my ability, or lack thereof, to be involved in a one night stand based on several of my posts only attests to your own ignorance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

I totally agree with you... everyone is blaming the girl!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

I'd tell her to go check if he frequents coppers but she'll probably end up with another sprog!

I could tell you most of it now, about one night stands that took place over a year ago. And the fact that you judge my ability, or lack thereof, to be involved in a one night stand based on several of my posts only attests to your own ignorance.

Congratulations on your memory - arent you great? Do you want a leather medal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,330 ✭✭✭Homer

Certainly not with the likes of you.. You'd bore the ears off the poor man with all your feminist clap trap :p

you argued a obvious point with me, thats why i think your a wally, questioning basic anatomy with me also constitutes me calling you a wally. one night stands when drunk arent 'agreed to' they HAPPEN. But as we all know, not being a di*k or anything, a guy can have one and walk away as long as
    a.he lies about where he's from
    b.he gives a fake name ie. john doe, joe bloggs, mickey mouse
    c. he avoids the club for a few weeks so he doesnt see her again too much after, making identifying the poor bloke easier

You dont seem capable of making an argument, only to resort to childish name calling when you fail to make your point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

This whole thing is a charade because she doesnt want anyone to know it really was... that fukcer georgie burgess, the oul fella from next door:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRTEvkOHCOg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭T.G Catter

What happens in Coppers. Stays in Coppers.

Certainly not with the likes of you.. You'd bore the ears off the poor man with all your feminist clap trap :p

hahahahaha - like youd have a chance!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Your assertion "women have the responsibility to not put themselves into that situation" - why? Is the man helpless or something? What about his responsibility?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Boards beers: Coppers tomorrow night.

See you all there.

• Advertisement

hahahahaha - like youd have a chance!!

Yeah you and me in coppers and it would go a little something like this...

Me: Your place or mine?
    You: Both. You go to yours and I'll go to mine.
    Me: That's cool, 'cause after I get done ****ing you in the back of my car, I don't give a s**t where you go?

Congratulations on your memory - arent you great? Do you want a leather medal?

All the better to beat you with.

Have you run out of responses then? I was getting rather bored of you.

-Roisin + Mr.X have a consensual one night stand. Fine.
    -Roisin get's pregnant. Mistake on both parts
    -Man behaves as normal following a one night stand
    -Roisin goes national.

At the end of the day, anyone is entitled to a one night stand. But if a woman is engaging in such activity, she should be more careful in terms of protection, or in terms of knowing a certain amount about the man, for her own safety. It's not up to the man to wake up the next morning and go 'Oh yeah, here's my phone number in case you're up the duff!'

In a consensual one night stand, both parties expect to walk away happy with what they've got. That's why it is also often reffered to as 'no strings attached'. Bitch has cracked out a fucking lasso.

I also don't see what the guy has done wrong here. So given the option to take the piss out of one or the other, I choose Roisin.

Thank you, and good night!

You dont seem capable of making an argument, only to resort to childish name calling when you fail to make your point.

i did not RESORT, resort means i turn to it to assist my arguement, i merely wanted to let you know i have a low opinion of you from your opinions and how you put them across, get up off your high horse and except the silly tramp for what she is, the guys a twit too but sure hes not half as bad cos he hasnt mad a media showcase out of a one night stand, if this was america shed be on jerry springer, and what sort of folk go on there.... exactly.

Yeah you and me in coppers and it would go a little something like this...

Me: Your place or mine?
    You: Both. You go to yours and I'll go to mine.
    Me: That's cool, 'cause after I get done ****ing you in the back of my car, I don't give a s**t where you go?

Is this an example of you flirting with me?

Your assertion "women have the responsibility to not put themselves into that situation" - why? Is the man helpless or something? What about his responsibility?
    Please see above regarding generally expected behavior with one night stands.

coppers tonight

bareback all the way?? :p

and except the silly tramp for what she is.............................................................................shed be on jerry springer, and what sort of folk go on there.... exactly.

except? shed? what are you talking about???

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Dlite

yes it does take 2 to tango and all that, but this is not the way to do it. yes she got a shock when she realised she was pregnant but come on, imagine the shock this lad will get when he sees this now, in public light. i dont really have sympathy for this girl im sorry to say.

coppers babygate, i have heard it all now:D

Hold on a minute here, maybe this guy would like to know:confused: Has anyone thought about that? It's not an ideal situation but he does have flesh and blood out there and that's a hard thing to deny at least he has a choice now.

Nobody wants you. So no.

• Advertisement

It's not up to the man to wake up the next morning and go 'Oh yeah, here's my phone number in case you're up the duff!'

Why not?

coppers tonight

bareback all the way?? :p
    Wahey!! Maybe we'll shedule the next boards beers in conjunction with the Matter staff do! Sponsered by Jackie!

except? shed? what are you talking about???

ok close your eyes

ya doin it??...good

now IMAGINE...can you IMAGINE username123(well going by your user name thats asking alot i think)

IMAGINE apostrophe after the E in SHED

it creates a word with a different meaning

she'd

now when you look back doesn't it all make sense :o

Why not?
    Read my post again. No strings attached? There's that lasso again.

Wahey!! Maybe we'll shedule the next boards beers in conjunction with the Matter staff do! Sponsered by Jackie!

username123 outside dressed as a giant condom handing out contraception preaching from the bible too

Read my post again. No strings attached? There's that lasso again.

But how do you know she agreed to no strings attached?

• Advertisement

Dlite wrote: »
    Hold on a minute here, maybe this guy would like to know:confused: Has anyone thought about that? It's not an ideal situation but he does have flesh and blood out there and that's a hard thing to deny at least he has a choice now.

Are you for real? GTFO!

ok close your eyes

ya doin it??...good

now IMAGINE...can you IMAGINE username123(well going by your user name thats asking alot i think)

IMAGINE apostrophe after the E in SHED

it creates a word with a different meaning

she'd

now when you look back doesn't it all make sense :o

youre some wally

youre some wally

your place or mine sexy :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Statso

youre some wally

Whats this youre word? What are you talking about? :confused:

your place or mine sexy :cool:

finally we make beautiful music together - now is this a no strings situation or can lassos be thrown out in 14 months time?

• Advertisement

OK OK i'll be a bit more subtle this time..

Still you and me in coppers ok.. Picture the scene...

Me: Did it hurt?
    You: What when I fell from heaven?
    Me: No, when you got hit by the fücking bus!?

OK OK i'll be a bit more subtle this time..

Still you and me in coppers ok.. Picture the scene...

Me: Did it hurt?
    You: What when I fell from heaven?
    Me: No, when you got hit by the fücking bus!?

i love you, lets make a baby

finally we make beautiful music together - now is this a no strings situation or can lassos be thrown out in 14 months time?

dont worry i'll use the back door

your gonna be brown paper bagged too

now we have no baby and no chance of looking at your mug

pretty romantic eh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Hrududu

But how do you know she agreed to no strings attached?
    Roisin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

At the end of the day, anyone is entitled to a one night stand. But if a woman is engaging in such activity, she should be more careful in terms of protection
    Again, why the woman? Shouldn't the man be just as careful about protection? Sure, he doesn't have to worry about getting pregnant, but would getting someone pregnant not also be a rather big concern? Plus, would he not want to protect himself from STDs?
    The responsibility should be equal. All that stuff that women should be more responsible implies that men are kinda helpless.

dont worry i'll use the back door

your gonna be brown paper bagged too

now we have no baby and no chance of looking at your mug

pretty romantic eh

id recommend a 2 bag job, 1 bag on your head and 1 on mine in case yours falls off.

all the rest of it sounds good though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

-Roisin + Mr.X have a consensual one night stand. Fine.
    -Roisin get's pregnant. Mistake on both parts
    -Man behaves as normal following a one night stand
    -Roisin goes national.

At the end of the day, anyone is entitled to a one night stand. But if a woman is engaging in such activity, she should be more careful in terms of protection, or in terms of knowing a certain amount about the man, for her own safety. It's not up to the man to wake up the next morning and go 'Oh yeah, here's my phone number in case you're up the duff!'

In a consensual one night stand, both parties expect to walk away happy with what they've got. That's why it is also often reffered to as 'no strings attached'. Bitch has cracked out a fucking lasso.

I also don't see what the guy has done wrong here. So given the option to take the piss out of one or the other, I choose Roisin.

There is so much I disagree with here its hard to know where to start. I'm just going to reiterate once more that I believe trying to find the father is the right and responsible thing to do, for various reasons.

1) The father has a right to know, at least imo. If I was in this situation I would definetly want to know I had a child, and I can't believe I'm alone in this.

2) The child has a right to know who its father is. In 20 or so years time it will be even more difficult to trace the father, so the mother doing it now makes sense.

3) The father has a responsibility to the child. He is responsible for bringing the child into the world should be responsible for looking after it now, both financially and socially. The mother seeking financial aid (if she is, nothing to suggest that this is the case) is not gold digging, it is attempting to act in the best interests of the child.

id recommend a 2 bag job, 1 bag on your head and 1 on mine in case yours falls off.

all the rest of it sounds good though.

3 bags, one at the door incase someone comes in

i love you, lets make a baby

No chance... Thousands of potential babies might die on your face though if ya know what I mean..

No chance... Thousands of potential babies might die on your face though if ya know what I mean..

oi shes mine

• Advertisement
Advertisement