Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Test setup.

• 03-07-2008 10:51am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭

I've gotten myself an 80" dish with a single lnb on it, so going to play around with it pointing it at different sats. 19"/13" and whatever else I can find. Would like to know people's opinions, for FTA only are these setups worth it?

I know sites like lyngsat will list all available channels but I'd like to know what common fta channels people watch/recommend (keeping it clean btw)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Arriang TV
    Nile TV
    DW TV
    BBC World TV
    CNBC
    CNN
    Russia Today
    Thai TV
    Oman TV
    TV Polinia (Polish Drama with english subtitles)
    A gazzillion Pop Video
    Al Jazzera English
    VTV4 (Vietnamise)
    CCTV (various) Central Chinese TV
    US CNBC feeds on 15W
    Some Turkish channels on 42E have english dialog films sometimes
    Some 39E Cypriot / Greek TV
    Most of the rest is not any English.
    Spanish is 30W

Many channels are not family friendly adverts or programs in the evening which is 1 to 3 hrs earlier depending on how far east...

42E, 39E, 33E, 28E (Sky/Freesat), 25.5 (Arab), 23.5(German) 19E, 16E, 10E, 7E, 5E(Ukrain/Russian), 1W(Scandinavia/Baltic), 5W (French), 8W, 15W, 22W 30W, 45W all have some stuff can be got on 80cm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

watty wrote: »

42E, 39E, 33E, 28E (Sky/Freesat), 25.5 (Arab), 23.5(German) 19E, 16E, 10E, 7E, 5E(Ukrain/Russian), 1W(Scandinavia/Baltic), 5W (French), 8W, 15W, 22W 30W, 45W all have some stuff can be got on 80cm

thanks watty, you even answered a question I was pondering about, which sats would be good from a 80cm dish :D

Advertisement