Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cable Certification..

Options
  • 03-07-2008 10:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,210 ✭✭✭

Guys,

Thanks for the tips last time round about doing the Server 2003 MCP Exam, which I've since passed. This time I'm enquiring about get certified in cable installing, i.e. CAT 5 termination etc..

Has anyone any pointers as to where to look about getting certified in this ?

Thanks in advance

Junior

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ginger

Last crowd that I saw this was an electricians outfit and I think one of them had this cert but that was a long time ago and I dont know if he did it in Ireland (he was an american)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭NullZer0

Would you not consider CCNA or something like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Why anyone would want to crimp thier own cables in this day and age is beyond me! Unless its for a once off job!

Honestly Junior this is more of an electricians job that anything else, you should definetly know how to do it but I wouldn't bother getting certified in it.. or doing it for that matter :)

Not so funny RL story, a Contractor for a job I was working tried to charge us €22 K for 150 Cat 6 patch cables... I asked him about it afterwards and it wasn't a mistake he said they all had to be made individually!! Went online and I had the cables delivered and tested within two days for a grand.

Advertisement