Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

kbannon as learning to drive mod

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Workshops-371-726415.jpg

This pitchfork needs a cat.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

geuro wrote: »
    To be honest, i find it hard to understand how anyone can excuse the mod of a learning to drive forum saying that speeding is ok.
    Why? Is he being paid to be a role model to learner drivers? Is his function to tell learner drivers the correct way to drive? Did I miss the memo where moderators are supposed to be teachers instead of caretakers?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,788 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Beruthiel wrote: »
    Workshops-371-726415.jpg

This pitchfork needs a cat.
    Apparently I'm a big bad killer. Give me the fork and I'll skewer a cat for you!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

There is no need for patronising messages here, i don't think there are any children who have made a comment here so far.

There is a need.

Most of the posters are 'children' compared to the 20 odd years of experience that KB has.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Marcus.Aurelius

stevec wrote: »
    There is a need.

Most of the posters are 'children' compared to the 20 odd years of experience that KB has.

+1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

s2ocknhaqn1oc155bsy.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Unless the modship is handed over to me I think kbannon should stay where he is!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

If he had any class, he'd just hang up his moderating boots.
    You simply do not post about the forums about how you regularly speed and how you used to get polluted and drink drive all the time if you moderate the motors forum!

For everybody that posts in a thread, 10 people read it.
    He set a poor example, and there are a lot of people know know people who have died due to drunk drivers. I'm sure that if any of the site admins or super mod team had lost a loved one to a drunk driver, that he would be immediately banned. I understand the mod soladarity thing, but there is a time and place for that and its not here.

Out of respect/shame/whatever I do think that kbannon should resign as moderator of motoring, or at least learning to drive. Speed and drinking are the two biggest killers on the roads. He has admitted to frequently doing both in past and present tenses. Regardless of anything else, it sets a bad example.

Perhaps I'm being overly harsh here, I'm sure people will let me know if I am anyways. But this is something I feel strongly about.

6th wrote: »
    Unless the modship is handed over to me I think kbannon should stay where he is!

what a great ide......

Wait, I see what you did there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭geuro

+1

I am disappointed that the feedback forum on Boards is such a members club. What's the point in having a feedback forum if feedback is not taken seriously? It is clear that the moderator in question has the support of other mods regardless of what he said.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,173 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Last one.

58899.jpg

+1

I am disappointed that the feedback forum on Boards is such a members club. What's the point in having a feedback forum if feedback is not taken seriously? It is clear that the moderator in question has the support of other mods regardless of what he said.

Other moderators are only users outside of their own forums, the ultimate decision makers are the Admins. But other boards users and mods can use feedback to agree or disagree with the topic, but the decision is not ours to make.

I for one, disagree with the OP

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

I've heard of trial by media, at least that has some effect, positive or negative. Trial by Froum thought? Hmm, I wonder if Tom Clancy will pick this one up...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

375340724_bb60431917.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

FuzzyLogic wrote: »
    You simply do not post about the forums about how you regularly speed and how you used to get polluted and drink drive all the time if you moderate the motors forum!

He set a poor example, and there are a lot of people know know people who have died due to drunk drivers. I'm sure that if any of the site admins or super mod team had lost a loved one to a drunk driver, that he would be immediately banned. I understand the mod soladarity thing, but there is a time and place for that and its not here.

Out of respect/shame/whatever I do think that kbannon should resign as moderator of motoring, or at least learning to drive. Speed and drinking are the two biggest killers on the roads. He has admitted to frequently doing both in past and present tenses. Regardless of anything else, it sets a bad example.

Perhaps I'm being overly harsh here, I'm sure people will let me know if I am anyways. But this is something I feel strongly about.

What about ex-drug addicts who tour schools and tell the kids not to take drugs based on their past experience? He admitted to drink driving in the past and now rightly condemns it as wrong. That's a non-issue.

Why would a mod or admin ban him for admitting he used to drink drive and saying it was stupid? What rule would he have broken? This isn't mod solidarity. All I'm seeing is mob solidarity and some sensible people standing up to it.
    He has admitted to frequently doing both in past and present tenses

Where did he say he still drinks and drives? Show me the post. He admits to speeding in certain circumstances. It doesn't affect his ability to moderate the forum and so there's no need for him to resign out of shame or otherwise.

+1

Man you talk some sh1t! How many examples of mods bashing other mods in feedback would you like? I can bring you a cup of tea and a STFU sandwich too if you like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

irishbird wrote: »
    I used to work in a solicitors litagation office.

I have read the reports, seen photos of what driving 10km over the speed limit can do to people never mind 50km a hour.

when are people going to learn speed kills.

i dont care whether it is motorway or not. Irish people are sh.ite drivers how many people do you see on the motorway not using their indicators or mirrors?

Can you honestly say you have never speeded in yoru life? Not even when late for work or in a rush to get somewhere. The reason i ask is, you would be the first person in the world ever. Get over yourself, and drop that holier then thou attitude.

Man you talk some sh1t! How many examples of mods bashing other mods in feedback would you like? I can bring you a cup of tea and a STFU sandwich too if you like?

Relax man. It wasn't aimed at you. They were complainin about the mods ;)

I haz survaylenz of fitnez nodz eatin' cheezeburgrz! banz themz!

javaboy wrote: »
    Relax man. It wasn't aimed at you. They were complainin about the mods ;)

Thats a paddlin'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

I haz survaylenz of fitnez nodz eatin' cheezeburgrz! banz themz!

orly!!! I didn't think g'em or dragan had cheeze on their burgers just extra burger. hmmmmmmm interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

+1

Please come back when you actually wish to engage in debate.

Claiming oppression or "members club" just demonstrates how you lack any sort of cogent argument.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,859 ✭✭✭Duckjob

KBannon is an excellent mod and his posts are refreshingly honest in the sea of dronely high-horse, self-righteous, I've-no-friends-in-real-life-and-this-is-why keyboard warrior twaddle that plagues the motoring forum on a daily basis.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I think Kbannon would have been wise to keep that information to himself (I wouldn't post about how I used to regularly fail to cook chicken properly and am just lucky no-one died from salmonella*), but I don't think it impacts on his moderating abilities. I'd hope that he's not posting the same kind of thing on the learning to drive forum though!

*This isn't true, I always cook chicken properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

I fuppin love the self righteous indignation of some here.

Great laugh on a slow Thursday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

jsb wrote: »
    orly!!! I didn't think g'em or dragan had cheeze on their burgers just extra burger. hmmmmmmm interesting

(2 x burger patties + cheese + guacamole) - buns = nyom.

As for you and your superior survaylance skillz 6th, damn you to hell. It had been a long day and I needed comfort.

*cries*

*orders more burgers*

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

g'em wrote: »
    (2 x burger patties + cheese + guacamole) - buns = nyom.

sorry I forgot the sexy burgers have the cheese on the inside

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Little boy-racer dickheads who barely touch the road even in busy residential neighbourhoods are the scum of the earth, kbannon is not on a par with them but is being treated as such.

Burn him at the stake! If he dies in the fire we'll know he was a good and honourable man but if he resurrects himself then he's definitely a witch.

/fetches kindling

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

FuzzyLogic wrote: »

Using your logic - I demand that Smashey give up his role as a Fitness Mod. I'm sure that he's posted in BG&RH about lolling around on his arse eating bacon sambos & drinking pints.

Mods are not necessarily experts in the subjects of the forums they moderate. And they should not be expected to be either. (Eg, Thaedydal modding Beer Guts & Receding Hairlines.) They "moderate" what goes on in the forums, keeping the peace & all that. If they have an opinion on a topic within that forum it should have the same value as any other poster to that forum.

JSB - Really should have hit the Report Post button instead of dragging it through here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement