Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

kbannon as learning to drive mod

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

FuzzyLogic wrote: »
    If he had any class, he'd just hang up his moderating boots.
    You simply do not post about the forums about how you regularly speed and how you used to get polluted and drink drive all the time if you moderate the motors forum!

For everybody that posts in a thread, 10 people read it.
    He set a poor example, and there are a lot of people know know people who have died due to drunk drivers. I'm sure that if any of the site admins or super mod team had lost a loved one to a drunk driver, that he would be immediately banned. I understand the mod soladarity thing, but there is a time and place for that and its not here.

Out of respect/shame/whatever I do think that kbannon should resign as moderator of motoring, or at least learning to drive. Speed and drinking are the two biggest killers on the roads. He has admitted to frequently doing both in past and present tenses. Regardless of anything else, it sets a bad example.

Perhaps I'm being overly harsh here, I'm sure people will let me know if I am anyways. But this is something I feel strongly about.

Hear Hear.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    He was talking of regularly doing speeds of 150kph. Doesn't matter how good the conditions are, 'IF' something happens, you're fuked and are very likely to take others with you.
    Dudess wrote: »
    I'm not defending anyone who does 150kph

150 kph / 93mph *was* the average driving speed on UK motorways when they held the title of being the safest roads in europe.
    It's lower since the speed camera blitz and guess what? fatalities went up because now everyone watches their speedometers instead of the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

stevec wrote: »
    150 kph / 93mph *was* the average driving speed on UK motorways when they held the title of being the safest roads in europe.
    It's lower since the speed camera blitz and guess what? fatalities went up because now everyone watches their speedometers instead of the road.

when exactly was that just as a matter of interest

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Marcus.Aurelius

stevec wrote: »

Exactly. In Germany, autobahns have very low incidence of accidents purely because people are not speedo watching, and drive only according to the road conditions, something we Irish have lost. Wherever arbitrary speed limits are introduced on such roads, the prevalence of accidents increases, the more nanny-state powers mess with roads, the worse drivers become.

Anywhere they have tested the autobahn style no-limits system, accident rates have dropped like stones, irrespective of road condition.

EDIT: See http://www.safespeed.org.uk/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭togster

Dudess wrote: »
    there are self appointed moral guardians getting up on their high horses about slight increases in speed on the dual carriageway/motorway.

Kind of hypocritical tbh considering you seem to say that we should use our common sense when choosing to obey limits or not. Self apointed moral guardians?

OT Kbannon is a great mod. I don't think he should be demodded. I think people have jumped on some sort of bandwagon. He's not mod in that forum.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Gandalf23

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    He was talking of regularly doing speeds of 150kph. Doesn't matter how good the conditions are, 'IF' something happens, you're fuked and are very likely to take others with you.

I'm confused here.

Does he STILL advocate speeding? Or does he say he regularly sped in the past and now regrets it?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

jsb wrote: »
    when exactly was that just as a matter of interest

Not sure of the exact timeframe, I'd guess around 10 years ago.

kbannon wrote: »
    Not all speeding equals dangerous driving! I still believe that exceeding the speed limit in many of my situations (especially dual carriageway & motorway) does not necessarily post a safety risk

Hey OP ... when did kbannon say this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭pvt.joker

KBannon = worse than Hitler

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,788 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

pvt.joker wrote: »
    Its great to have a reasonable debate on boards with intelligent adults! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

:pac: how informed :pac:

I'd use rolleyes, but it's not sufficiently condescending for this conversation.

Gandalf23 wrote: »
    Hey OP ... when did kbannon say this?

I can't give an exact time frame but somewher between 10mins past 12 and 0 seconds and 10mins past 12 and 59 secs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

119048BgIF_w.jpg

hmmm who would I rather get advice from somene who never screwed up or someone who made mistakes and learned from them....

jsb wrote: »
    I can't give an exact time frame but somewher between 10mins past 12 and 0 seconds and 10mins past 12 and 59 secs

?

What date approximately? (I don't need the exact second :D)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭pvt.joker

Thaedydal wrote: »
    119048BgIF_w.jpg

hmmm who would I rather get advice from somene who never screwed up or someone who made mistakes and learned from them....

Learned from them?? He admits to regularly breaking the speed limit by 40 kmph + . And thinks there is nothing wrong with doing this.
    Who's to say he doesn't have a few cans while doing this, would probably add to the "buzz" .....right KBannon ?

Recreating his youthful experiences of driving while "Polluted" as he has admitted already.

kbannon wrote: »
    Its great to have a reasonable debate on boards with intelligent adults! :rolleyes:

sure this turned into just an extension of the AH thread long ago. Once Dev had said he was happy with it I knew that as such would be the end of the thread but rather then the actual point of the thread people are just debating the finer points of speeding

Gandalf23 wrote: »
    ?

What date approximately? (I don't need the exact second :D)

today. I think I have narrowed it down it the second 30 seconds though however I was looking at my speedo and missed the exact time

Learned from them?? He admits to regularly breaking the speed limit by 40 kmph + . And thinks there is nothing wrong with doing this.
    Who's to say he doesn't have a few cans while doing this, would probably add to the "buzz" .....right KBannon ?

Recreating his youthful experiences of driving while "Polluted" as he has admitted already.

I was sure the drink driving thing was already put to rest pvt.joker, you're just trolling now, re-read the posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Making up accusations about kbannon is a little bit past the line. The admins have already spoken. Locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement