Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More WOTLK info

Options
  • 03-07-2008 11:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭

taken from work friendly site:
    http://blue.cardplace.com/blue_results1.htm

More WOTLK info:

Q u o t e:
    * Herbalism Primary Gathering for Inscription - Blizzard made sure everyone understands that both melee and caster classes will benefit from inscription, and also that the base gathering profession for inscription will be herbalism.
    * Party Buffs to Raid Buffs - Many buffs that only effect parties will not span the entire raid group. Examples of these changes are Shaman totems, Unleashed Rage, and Battle Shout just to name a few.
    * Dynamic Line of Sight?? - A unique idea has come out this week. Arenas will have items in them that will move around every once in a while. When these items shift location they will change the line of sight attributes of the entire arena play. This make teams be more reactive to their terrain, and not able to camp positions so easily. As many of you know, position is one of the biggest keys we preach in our arena sections of the Spugnort's Ultimate PvP Guide. If you haven't checked it, now is a great time to do so...we promise you won't be disappointed!
    * Dire Cat Form - This could be a very interesting twist to the feral druid tree. All we know as of right now is that Druid will be awarded some sort of Dire Cat Form. What exactly Dire Cat Form does remains a mystery. So let the speculation begin!
    * Retribution Paladins Share Gear - Ret Pally's will share gear with DPS Warriors and Death Knights. This will make it far less frustrating when that "Ret Paladin" gear drops and you don't even have one in your party or raid. They also plan to make Ret Paladin DPS more effective, and slightly less gear dependant.
    * DPS and Protection Warrior Changes -Blizzard wants to give DPS warriors the ability to tank when called upon without always changing talent specs, and they also would like to give Protection Warriors the ability to DPS a little better without changing specs. One of the moves towards this will be the Shockwave Talent for Protection Warriors.
    * Heroic Instances Will Be "Easier" - This doesn't necessarily mean that you will breeze through instances with all green gear. First, they are removing attunement for the heroic instances. Second, they are trying to balance fights so that no encounters call for a specific type of tank. This will make it much easier to pull together a viable group for an instance.
    * Hunter Pets Have Exclusive Talent Trees - All hunter pets will now have three separate talent trees just like a normal character. They will have a tanking talent tree, a DPS talent tree, and a utility talent tree. Each type of pet will also have a completely different talent tree compared to other pet types. This is a great addition to the game, and really has been long overdue. Bravo Blizzard for finally getting around to implementing this idea!

im lovin the new talent tree ideas for hunters pets..

the above hasnt been confirmed 100% by blizz yet officially apparently.

**Mods is it possible to have a wow general on/off topic forum so we can post stuff without having to create a new thread?**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

copeyhagen wrote: »
    taken from work friendly site:
    http://blue.cardplace.com/blue_results1.htm

More WOTLK info:

Q u o t e:
    * Herbalism Primary Gathering for Inscription - Blizzard made sure everyone understands that both melee and caster classes will benefit from inscription, and also that the base gathering profession for inscription will be herbalism.
    * Party Buffs to Raid Buffs - Many buffs that only effect parties will not span the entire raid group. Examples of these changes are Shaman totems, Unleashed Rage, and Battle Shout just to name a few.
    * Dynamic Line of Sight?? - A unique idea has come out this week. Arenas will have items in them that will move around every once in a while. When these items shift location they will change the line of sight attributes of the entire arena play. This make teams be more reactive to their terrain, and not able to camp positions so easily. As many of you know, position is one of the biggest keys we preach in our arena sections of the Spugnort's Ultimate PvP Guide. If you haven't checked it, now is a great time to do so...we promise you won't be disappointed!
    * Dire Cat Form - This could be a very interesting twist to the feral druid tree. All we know as of right now is that Druid will be awarded some sort of Dire Cat Form. What exactly Dire Cat Form does remains a mystery. So let the speculation begin!
    * Retribution Paladins Share Gear - Ret Pally's will share gear with DPS Warriors and Death Knights. This will make it far less frustrating when that "Ret Paladin" gear drops and you don't even have one in your party or raid. They also plan to make Ret Paladin DPS more effective, and slightly less gear dependant.
    * DPS and Protection Warrior Changes -Blizzard wants to give DPS warriors the ability to tank when called upon without always changing talent specs, and they also would like to give Protection Warriors the ability to DPS a little better without changing specs. One of the moves towards this will be the Shockwave Talent for Protection Warriors.
    * Heroic Instances Will Be "Easier" - This doesn't necessarily mean that you will breeze through instances with all green gear. First, they are removing attunement for the heroic instances. Second, they are trying to balance fights so that no encounters call for a specific type of tank. This will make it much easier to pull together a viable group for an instance.
    * Hunter Pets Have Exclusive Talent Trees - All hunter pets will now have three separate talent trees just like a normal character. They will have a tanking talent tree, a DPS talent tree, and a utility talent tree. Each type of pet will also have a completely different talent tree compared to other pet types. This is a great addition to the game, and really has been long overdue. Bravo Blizzard for finally getting around to implementing this idea!

im lovin the new talent tree ideas for hunters pets..

the above hasnt been confirmed 100% by blizz yet officially apparently.

**Mods is it possible to have a wow general on/off topic forum so we can post stuff without having to create a new thread?**
    How can you claim this is from http://blue.cardplace.com/blue_results1.htm when that site only returns posts from community moderators and thus would be 100% confirmed and then go on and say its not 100% official yet?

Something smells suspicious to me. Can you please provide a link to where you found some (or all) of this content on cardplace or I will be forced to remove it from these here forums. On a related note, you yourself will probably receive a temp ban from the forum depending on the links you can provide (or not provide, as the case may be).

Finally, what exactly do you mean by a WoW general on/off topic forum? Or not having to create a new thread?

Dont really understand what you mean, might also be something you should post on the forum request forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 displeaser

From reading it, it appears to be a from a spugnorts report.

On another point, why say about a temp ban? I dont see anything in the post wasnt mentioned or hinted at in the blizz invitational and there are no links etc to any illegal sites and its not advertisment in any way. I'm confused, is there something else about previous posts I've missed? and if its a mistake a temp ban seems a little harsh.

/agree, "on/off tpoic" forum gets me too, no idea what you mean about that

There has been a recent amendment to the charter, asking people not to discuss WotLK Alpha/Beta spoilers that are covered by the NDA. This change was documented in the charter and in the previous thread where WotLK was being discussed.

His mention of cardplace, where cardplace does not seem to be in anyway linked to these details seems to me to be a blatant attempt to hide the fact that these are Alpha leaks. Which we are in the midst of trying to heavily discourage...

I have no issues with correcting a mistake, if one is made, but when it seems as though an effort has been made to circumvent the restrictions put in place to protect this forum and boards.ie itself... then I have zero tolerance.

All that aside, I am still waiting on copeyhagen's take on all this...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 displeaser

ahhh ok, makes sense now, didnt realise there was a change, apologies and thanks for clarifying.

Dissy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

sorry i forgot about the new changes to the forum,

heres the link

http://blue.cardplace.com/newcache/us/7475507078.htm

looks like the mods have kinda said its real if u read the blues

• Advertisement

Great, I'm glad to see thats the case. Would appreciate it if you would quote your source in future, to avoid such issues ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Well, the cardplace is a website for keeping track of "BLUE" or Community moderator posts on the WoW forums.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Herbalisim -> Inscriptions?

ah roish.

• Advertisement

yeh it seems herbalism finally has a second secondary profession to feed its resources too, inscription.

pretty cool.

think i had the most fun with alchemy and herbalism.

i hate all professions in wow though!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

Will inscriptions stack at all with enchants or armor kits. Don't think they do with each other and would be guessing would be the same with inscriptions. Please tell me I'm wrong though :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Thoogun

What better way to find out that trying your self?

WOTLK beta signups are opened. They haven't put it in the news part of the main site yet, but if you login to account management and scroll down, you can sign up to the WOTLK beta opt-in.

ofc it not first come first served but who knows getting in there early might incress your chances

sweet, just opt'd in for it there.

copeyhagen wrote: »

Btw copeyhagen. you never did clarify what you meant here. If you'd prefer to discuss it through PMs thats fine with me, alternatively you can post on the feedback/helpdesk forum but please drop me a line and let me know if you are doing this so I can follow up.

Thanks ;)

I don't meant to butt in, but does he a mean a thread where we can just ask questions without starting a new thread. A kind of rolling thread so to speak ?

hey guys, sorry i dont be on much at the weekends! yeh thats what i meant, a stickied general thread where we can just post things which might not deserve their own thread like.

done kara last night for the first time, got as far as the oepra before i had to go out

great craic though!

no phat looootz though!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

all this new info is just from the Q and A with the devs at the worldwide invitational - word for word - answers to specific questions about wotlk from the fans - so in that way its all confirmed.

2 screenshots have surfaced of the proposed design for the new arenas released with WotLK. Not sure how much interest most people have, but I have been meaning to post them for a few days now... better late than never I guess.

Here we go:
    New Dalarian Arena. The water is a hazard that does a knockback. Cant actually remember how it works exactly, as it is supposed to be turned on and off somehow... I do remember there is supposed to be no mounts in there.
    http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/images/news/2008/june/wwi/pvp-25.jpg

New Orgrimmar Arena. 2 walls seperate the teams but they start pretty close to each other. Not sure the exact specs but it is pretty close. The pillars raise and lower automatically and I think it is two pits in the centre.
    http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/images/news/2008/june/wwi/pvp-33.jpg

These were released at WWI as I think, is pretty obvious, when you look at it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Hanza

Shame the Dalarian arena isnt fully textured yet, Im dying to see what the new city will look like.

• Advertisement
Advertisement