Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

stove for dhw

Options
  • 03-07-2008 11:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

Hello everyone , do any of you know if there is a multi fuel stove which will heat just the room and domestic hot water only? I built with the intention of installing the Waterford Stanley oil stove but with the price of oil now I think it would be better to go with solid fuel. I've been searching the internet but all the mf stoves seem to be designed to heat rads which I dont want. The room I want to heat is 28' x 16' with 9' ceilings plus 3 windows and french doors so I would imagine it would take a fairly high output stove. I would really appreciate any help or advise . Thanks in advance

charlie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

I would guess that instead of plumbing it into the rads + HW that you would just plumb to the HW. Probably go with one with a smallish boiler.

Why don't you go into one of the Stanley Centres and ask?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 pat1

Am on similiar idea. So far have come across Aarrow and Charnwood, saw them in Hickeys Fireplaces Mullingar.These are inset into fireplace and can heat rads. There are loads of multifuel stoves, check any hardware/fireplace shop. Would like to hear from anyone who has actually got one. Any probs with general maintenance and how effective are they in heating rads.

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Nonmonotonic

Solid fuel is not great for rads anyway unless your home all day feeding it.
    Any stove that heats rads will heat water so just do as suggested and connect to hot water tank. If you have not allready got hot water tank it might be a good idea to get one with dual coil if you want to go oil later ( you know, when the bottom drops out of the market!!).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 NicCat

In order to connect a stove with a boiler into the hot water tank only (ie. not to circulate to radiators), the boiler in the stove needs to be a stainless steel boiler.

So you need a multi-fuel stove with a stainless steel boiler.

The Mulberry Joyce dhw (domestic hot water) stove has a stainless steel boiler. It has an output of 7.8kw (1.5kw to water and 5.7kw to room).

See www.mulberrystoves.com.

Advertisement