Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Possibly Going to Stage 14 Nîmes -> Digne-les-Bains

Options
  • 03-07-2008 11:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

hi all, thinking about going to stage 14 flying into marseille and just staying the weekend at a hostel near the airport. maybe set up shop near cavaillon or something like that. my only concern is i dont have any transportation from the hostel to the actual race which is more than a few km from where i am. question is, do you think ill have any trouble getting from one place to another? i dont want to arrive all the way there and have no way to see the race. any suggestions are greatly appreciated, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Needabike

Bring your bike

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Needabike wrote: »
    Bring your bike
    I wouldn't do this if you are just going for a weekend, it's more than a little hassle. Renting one could be a good option though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 jwwie

although i would love to bring my bike, ill be with the gf who a) doesnt have one and b) is not interested in having one. i was thinking about just hitching a ride or something but i dont speak a lick of french.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

If you have ruled out renting a car, make sure you do as much research as possible on the web with regards to bus timetables . It would be a bummer to go so close to be foiled by missing a bus or something like that. A starting point

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 jwwie

Diarmuid wrote: »
    If you have ruled out renting a car, make sure you do as much research as possible on the web with regards to bus timetables . It would be a bummer to go so close to be foiled by missing a bus or something like that. A starting point

yes, indeed it would because thats the only reason im going! no to mention the unending grief i would get from my girlfriend. thanks for the bus link.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭ba

thats the stage i am planning to go to. will be travelling friday evening from barcelona hopefully arrive in nimes friday night, kip under a tree, but hopefully in a hostel. cycle the stage sat morning, wait and watch on the last climb - cat 4. i will my own bike too.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Anzer123

hey,

im going over to stage 16 with the girlf as well. We are flying into marseille, and getting the train/bus up to cuneo area.

We are remting bikes from cavallion to bring on the train so we can cycle back. BikeRentalsPlus are the crowd we are getting the bikes from and they deliver free to cavallion. That might be useful for you. They seem to be quite sound.

http://www.bikerentalsplus.com/

Advertisement