Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Firemen Calender Due Out Oct/Nov

Options
  • 03-07-2008 11:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭

FYI they're talking about this on 2FM at the moment, will have the top 13 firemen from Ireland as chosen by a jury ladies. For a few charities this year as opposed to just the one. Know some of you ladies will be looking forward to this, certainly in my work a few of the women loved these, so those who like these can mark this in on their calenders from last year.:P

*additional info:
    tonight for the very first time, Mr January through to December will be getting together at McTurcaills pub on Tara Street and all are welcome from 7.30pm to join in the fun..to check out more details on the calendar check out www.dfbcalendar.com

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

....dude, very un-mancore of you... for shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

farohar wrote: »
    top 13 firemen from Ireland as chosen by a jury

Hmmm, now that's a jury duty that i'd like to get called for.... :p

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

cuckoo wrote: »
    Hmmm, now that's a jury duty that i'd like to get called for.... :p

even as a bloke I can say this, I think the image of what wimmin think fire fighters look like and the truth are fairly different things

jsb wrote: »
    even as a bloke I can say this, I think the image of what wimmin think fire fighters look like and the truth are fairly different things

:( Stop killing my happy daydream buzz, maaaan....

I have the '07 calender on my wall at the moment, and have to say they are a fine lookin' bunch of men. The think i have for firefighters isn't just about some perception i have of them being easy on the eye, it's about them being brave and rescuing kittens from trees. There is something very admirable about going into a building that is on fire in order to save lives.

Also, they're strong - in this era the majority of men in the workplace life nothing heavier than a laptop. Mr December '07 has a six pack that is mesmerising, looking at it is very relaxing and imagining running my fingers over it cheers me up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

Wilburt wrote: »
    ....dude, very un-mancore of you... for shame.

I know... I know....:(
    Just happened to be listening to the radio, this came on so I figured I'd pass on the info on the off chance some of the ladies would like the heads up.

• Advertisement

cuckoo wrote: »
    Also, they're strong - in this era the majority of men in the workplace life nothing heavier than a laptop. Mr December '07 has a six pack that is mesmerising, looking at it is very relaxing and imagining running my fingers over it cheers me up.

The one thing I will say about this comment is never mix up a low body fat percentage (i.e. the ability to see someone's abs) with being strong. They are not the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭what2do

jsb wrote: »
    The one thing I will say about this comment is never mix up a low body fat percentage (i.e. the ability to see someone's abs) with being strong. They are not the same.

You know we are not thinking that scientifically...

what2do wrote: »
    You know we are not thinking that scientifically...

:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

I have the spin1038 fireman calender on my wall in the office here....

I would say only one of them would be attractive,

They have a few aul lads, and a few mingers with good bodys...

• Registered Users Posts: 22,181 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

When is the nurses one for the men coming out, after all its about time we had one :)

I know ryan air did one with the stweardess but some woman complained that it was sexist them same could be said about the firemen one too

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Quality wrote: »
    I have the spin1038 fireman calender on my wall in the office here....

I would say only one of them would be attractive,

They have a few aul lads, and a few mingers with good bodys...
    And some strange tanned ones who'd spend longer in the tan booth then Jodie Marsh.

Now if they brought out a Garda Outrider calander....*Happy Place*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Cmol

I had a fireman calender bought for me at home once.

October was a woman. Not cool. Not cool at all.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

my brother is a fireman and he bought me a calander of tractors for my birthday

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

irishbird wrote: »
    my brother is a fireman and he bought me a calander of tractors for my birthday

Are you sure he bought it....:eek:

Sounds like an unwanted gift.

Unless of course you have a fetish for Massey Fergusons..

GinnyJo wrote: »
    Now if they brought out a Garda Outrider calander....*Happy Place*

Mmmmm, leather....

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

I remember a friend of mine got this, and we were looking through it going 'Holy crap... lookit yer man! ..hahaha this it'd turn you into a pyromaniac...wow... lookit... woah..' and so on.

Then eventually we confessed neither of us would touch any of them with a bargepole, unless, you know, we were actually on fire at the time.

However a tractor calendar. Now there's a thing. Down home, a neighbour got some brand new lamborghini sports comfort x-treme super tractors, every time one goes past we're like 'HOLY JESUS WOULD YOU LOOK AT THAT OH MY GOOD GOD'

Yup, we'd rather a go of a tractor than a firefighter. Unless, you know, we were actually on fire at the time.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,312 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I'm shocked and appalled at the objectifying of these hard working men as nothing more than mere sex playthings and will be leading the TLL boycott against this calendar. Who's with me?

My mate didn't like them all that well she made me buy her this

http://www.amazon.com/Official-FDNY-Firefighters-Heroes-Calendar/dp/1596523395

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭GirlInterrupted

The baldie with the hairy chest can use his hose on me anytime:pac::D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

ooohhh! i will of course buy the calendar and support the good cause when it's out :) what better reason then for charity!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭JaneyMc

The 07 one, not sure which month, but the man with the burning car in the backround... and for some reason I remember his surname, and not his first name! It's Ring.
    edit : might be Cillian actually..

Advertisement