Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chemical spill on Paul Simon

Options
  • 03-07-2008 11:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭

I hope this won't disrupt the Paul Simon concert in the Marquee tonight. Any info??

Acid spill prompts evacuation of Cork city premises

03/07/2008 - 11:04:23 AM

An acid spill at a chemical plant in Cork has forced the evacuation of premises on the city's Centre Park Road.

Scores of workers have been asked to leave their buildings after the spill about 20 minutes ago at Gouldings Chemicals Ltd, gardaí have confirmed.

The evacuation is "for safety reasons", according to a garda spokeswoman.

The emergency services are at the scene, but there are no reports of any injuries.

Gardaí say they are trying to establish the cause of the spill and roads will remain closed until further notice.

Motorists are being advised of severe traffic delays.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Dr.Millah

I work nextdoor and we were told to leave. HOpefully i wont get called back in today. But the road is closed off but then closed off area does not include the showgrounds, well it didnt when i was leaving anyway so im sure it wont effect it.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Acid? Spilt on Paul Simon?
    A bad thing?
    How do you thing he wrote Slip slidin away?!

Advertisement