Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has anybody had a similar experience in town recently?

Options
  • 03-07-2008 12:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

Was out in Citi bar the other night with a few friends and the girls had their jackets and bags laying on the floor beside where we were standing as the cloakroom wasn't open. I noticed these 2 African fellas come in and stare over in our direction. Then one of them walks towards us and pushes one the girls with us out of the way and walks up to my mate talking about needing a p1ss or something. Like getting right up in his face. Then the other one walks around in front of me and begins staring at me. I ask him if he's all right and he doesn't say anything. Just walks towards me and pours his pint on to my shirt. I grabbed his wrist and made him walks backwards away from me. At this stage the bouncers had seen it and they threw them out.

My only guess is that they were trying to rob the bags. It seems like a typical scam you'd find in other parts of the world where they create confusion in pairs and then make off with a purse or whatever.

Anyways just wondering if anyone has had similar experiences in Dublin lately. Also just to watch out if you get 2 people approaching in the same way. Make sure you don't let one of them out of your sight.

Comments

Was out in Citi bar

I think that's your first problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Pfft!! Amatuers!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭CountingCrows

I noticed these 2 African fellas come in and stare over in our direction.....walks up to my mate talking about needing a p1ss or something..

Maybe he needed a hand lifting it for a whizz?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Was out in Citi bar the other night with a few friends and the girls had their jackets and bags laying on the floor beside where we were standing as the cloakroom wasn't open. I noticed these 2 African fellas come in and stare over in our direction. Then one of them walks towards us and pushes one the girls with us out of the way and walks up to my mate talking about needing a p1ss or something. Like getting right up in his face. Then the other one walks around in front of me and begins staring at me. I ask him if he's all right and he doesn't say anything. Just walks towards me and pours his pint on to my shirt. I grabbed his wrist and made him walks backwards away from me. At this stage the bouncers had seen it and they threw them out.

My only guess is that they were trying to rob the bags. It seems like a typical scam you'd find in other parts of the world where they create confusion in pairs and then make off with a purse or whatever.

Anyways just wondering if anyone has had similar experiences in Dublin lately. Also just to watch out if you get 2 people approaching in the same way. Make sure you don't let one of them out of your sight.

Serious Q. What night was that and was it only two lads?.

Reason I ask is last week a friend of mine was beat up and robbed outside Citi Bar by three (not two) Africans. It all started in a similar fashion, they came right up to his face - said a few things he didn't catch then punched his lights out and robbed him of his phone and wallet.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Moved.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Kick 'em in the shins..africans have weak shinbones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 HitlersHorsebox

Mairt wrote: »
    Serious Q. What night was that and was it only two lads?.

Reason I ask is last week a friend of mine was beat up and robbed outside Citi Bar by three (not two) Africans. It all started in a similar fashion, they came right up to his face - said a few things he didn't catch then punched his lights out and robbed him of his phone and wallet.

It was Monday night. I normally wouldn't go into the nightclub part of Citibar but we were beside it and this girl handing out fliers roped us in.

Yeah it was only the 2 of them. Dressed up like they just walked off the set of a 50 cent video. Both were pretty skinny enough and around the 6ft mark. I'm not the smallest of people so i reckon a combination of that and the fact that i pretty much remained calm threw them off their game.

****ing scum bags. I still can't get over the audacity of them. How they just pushed their way through the group. We out-numbered them 3 to 1 as well. Cocky bastards.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Degsy wrote: »

be careful they join together like transformers and then your in sh1t

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭judas101

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Shoot first, finish your drinks later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

Strange that would happen in a place so open... Did you report to security?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

i was in cti

Myth wrote: »
    I think that's your first problem.

i think the problem is this
    At this stage the bouncers had seen it and they threw them out.

why throw someone out when they can go to another club and try again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭lisaloo

When you say African, do you mean South African or more Morrocco or Algeria? did one of them have a scar down his face?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

User45701 wrote: »
    i think the problem is this

Well I can't imagine the bouncers calling the police to be honest, they usually don't care as long as its not their premises being targeted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

This chap would disagree...

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Throwing pints & staring at people is a very amateurish way of creating a distraction. A real professional - like myself - would use a combination of smoke bombs & stun grenades. Sometimes, driving a JCB through the front door can also do the trick. Get with it lads!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Hill Billy wrote: »
    Throwing pints & staring at people is a very amateurish way of creating a distraction. A real professional - like myself - would use a combination of smoke bombs & stun grenades. Sometimes, driving a JCB through the front door can also do the trick. Get with it lads!

It does sound like it was a couple of clowns with chips on thier shoulders trying to start a row.This is just the beginning..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

User45701 wrote: »

Well all they were definitely doing is causing trouble. The OP is only guessing that it was some sort of half-assed attempt to distract them and then steal the girls handbags.

Sounds a bit odd though. I hadn't noticed that there were any africans in Dublin - sounds like there's at least two (if not three) though so I'm sure it's the same lads that beat up that guy outside Citibar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

There's black people in Dublin now?

Shocking carry on.

Advertisement