Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guitar Hero On Tour - DS

Options
  • 03-07-2008 12:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,810 ✭✭✭

I recently bought Guitar hero on tour for the DS on a trip to the US. It is very good.
    The downfalls - it does cause your hand to ache and cramp, so I can usually only play it for about 3 songs.
    I had not played it before on anything else, but I am impressed by the game on DS anyway.

Anyone else looking to get this? I think it is out here on the 18th of July.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

robo wrote: »
    I recently bought Guitar hero on tour for the DS on a trip to the US. It is very good.
    The downfalls - it does cause your hand to ache and cramp, so I can usually only play it for about 3 songs.
    I had not played it before on anything else, but I am impressed by the game on DS anyway.

We had a thread on this a few weeks back, the general concensus from those who are used to playing the proper versions is that it looked god awful, uncomfortable and an urge to want to throw it out the window after a few minutes.

VR!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,810 ✭✭✭robo

I had a look alright for a thread before posting this one cos I wanted to give my experience, but I couldn't find one.

It is awkward and at most you could only play 3 songs in one sitting as such, but I am hoping that it can get better on your hand....becuase the game is good! This is my fist Guitar Hero game though, I have not played the "grown up" version and that is probably a much better experience.

Before the game starts, you get a big warning on both screens of the DS alerting you how best to hold the game and don't play for too long - I initially thought that this was US legislation but after playing it once, I understand why they would put a warning up.

Another bad thing with the buttons, is sometimes the plugin pack can come out if you are tough with it, and a screen comes up telling you to re-insert the pack and turn on again. It has only happened once, so I hope that it is not something that will happen more often. I guess it is worth being careful with that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Cully

robo wrote: »

It's tacky, therefore I'm buying it! Only 4 buttons though.. omg :O

(yes, I bought the DS Face Training aswell)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭nicolaonfire

How does it work?
    Do you get an attachment for the DS?

Yeah it comes with some sort of cradle that the DS slips into, and then you put it on your hand. :)

VR!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭nicolaonfire

:O
    Wow
    I want
    Sounds good

I think it's the only one out of the entire series that i'm avoiding, for the safety of my DS as i'd be likely to fling the thing out the window and into a nearby skip judging from the demo i've seen of it so far! :)

VR!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

What place is cheapest fro ds games? i'm tempted to pick this up today.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

i think its a good effort to have it on the DS, i couldnt see it done in any other way

Advertisement