Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help Donegal

• 03-07-2008 12:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 167 ✭✭

I would be grateful for some help in obtaining information on sites and wild camping places in Donegal. A friend of mine in the UK wishes to visit Donegal in a few weeks time and has asked if I know of places where it would be safe to park up for a night or two. There is only one sites listed in Camping Ireland for Donegal so all help would be appreciated . I am aware that there is a motorhome stop in Killybegs, but there must be more places.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭scotsmarc

Sunchaser,

Did anyone get back to you as i am interested also.

I found a good place called st Johns point that looked good but never camped anywhere in Donegal .......... yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 471 ✭✭aerosol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 4wheelin

Hi Sunchaser,

I,ve stayed overnight on several occasions at the pier carpark in Portnablagh, its about 2miles south of Dunfanaghy, you turn off to the right and follow the road to the end. It is best if you park on the right hand side at the end of the road,( it'll make sense when you get there :)) just past the last private house. There is a water tap nearby and local fishermen come and go almost night and day, also there is street lighting on the pier.The only hassle i've had is the boy racers who come to pier carpark to "diff" in their rwd cars, noisy for a while, but there only interest is in their cars.
    Also in Dunfanaghy in "the town Square" again at the end of the pier behind the boatshed i've parked up, very handy beside the pubs and hotel. Their are "proper campsites" in Clonmany, Dunlewy and Crolly to name but a few, you should find these locations on google maps.To be honest there are numerous sites in Donegal, pretty much depends on what you want from your stopover, try www.caravanandcampingireland.com you should find something there that grabs your attention. Good Luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

We've stayed in Finntown last year. Large car park overlooking lake and across the road form a very friendly pub. We asked in the pub if parking was okay and they offered us a space in their carpark if we preferred. There's a railway museum/trip a short walk away. Views lovely but local roads a bit on the bendy side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

A few from SW Donegal:

The hostel in Kilcar has camping and a few hard stands with a lovely view over Teeling bay and the rear of sleave League

Just outside Ardara, on the back road to Portnoo/Narin, there's a decent enough campsite (can't remember the name) on a great beach

Portnoo/Narin itself has a campsite on the beach

Dungloe has a campsite just at the edge of town

• Advertisement
Advertisement