Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booking child on Ryanair

Options
  • 03-07-2008 1:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭

Its a long story but I forgot to book my daughter, a child, on a Ryanair booking. It wont let me book a seperate flight now for a child as they should be booked with an adult. Tried ringing them to add the child but their customer service line gives a 1570 number to ring which is not allowed on my work phone. Dont have access to any other phone at the moment.
    Was thinking of booking her as an adult. Has anyone ever done this or know if it is allowed. She will be travelling with me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

call 012497700

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

This doesnt work anymore, advises to dial the 1570 number

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

Or maybe try:

Ryanair
    Corporate Head Office Dublin Airport Co. Dublin
    (01)8121212

I might get an earful off Micheal himself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

It's the same price for adult and child tickets isn't it? So why not just book another adult seat. It shouldn't make a difference as long as ID isn't a problem and name matches with the ticket.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

kc66 wrote: »
    This doesnt work anymore, advises to dial the 1570 number

ah right. i just rang it for a second to confirm it was ryanair. i really should have lisened to the rest of the mesage :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

How old is she? If she's more than about three there's no distinction between a child and adult fare. If she's under three she's supposed to be booked with an adult (and her fare will cost more than yours).

jor el wrote: »
    It's the same price for adult and child tickets isn't it? So why not just book another adult seat. It shouldn't make a difference as long as ID isn't a problem and name matches with the ticket.

Well thats the question I was asking. But knowing Ryanair they would use it as an excuse to stop us flying. So I wanted to check if anyone did it before.

How old is she? If she's more than about three there's no distinction between a child and adult fare. If she's under three she's supposed to be booked with an adult (and her fare will cost more than yours).
    She will be 3 a couple of days after the outgoing flight. Adult and child fare was the same.

Thanks for the replies.

Anyway, got someone to call them for me. Probably cost about to €20 to make the call which is crazy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭caoimhemo

Dont bother ringing the number
    Ive had to do it before, just book an adult seat in your childs name and when you check in at the airport they will change it to a child as long as you have id for the child it will be no hassle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭mcaul

Rest of the world booking number - links into the standard number but at local number cost.

01 2497791

or standard reservation number 0818 303030 @ national rate.

Premium rate number is for internet booking queries

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭StormWarrior

Are you the only adult travelling? If there is another, maybe they can swap with your daughter so she gets to fly with you and the other adult books a ticket on a different flight.

Advertisement