Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Jersey Sightings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,987 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Gent in full pink kit spotted outbound on the Clontarf Road this evening at about 6.50pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭nilhg

Saw a bearded boardsie in Harolds Cross this evening, 5.45-6.00PMish

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Gent in full pink kit spotted outbound on the Clontarf Road this evening at about 6.50pm.

T'was I. That's a powerful flasher you have on the front of your bike!...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

nilhg wrote: »
    Saw a bearded boardsie in Harolds Cross this evening, 5.45-6.00PMish

I've a beard, and was wearing mine today. Where exactly? Think i was out earlier than that though

cdaly_ wrote: »
    T'was I. That's a powerful flasher you have on the front of your bike!...
    I usually switch it to flashing mode when entering Dublin but didn't realise it was that bright! That's the problem with lights - you never see your own.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭nilhg

I've a beard, and was wearing mine today. Where exactly? Think i was out earlier than that though

Could have been earlier now that I think of it, you were just passing Rosie O Grady's pub, I was after parking up at the Rugby pitches in Kenilworth Sq and was walking down to grab a bite to eat and the paper to read while the lads did their warm up. Only saw you as you passed, didn't react quick enough to shout hello.

I usually switch it to flashing mode when entering Dublin but didn't realise it was that bright! That's the problem with lights - you never see your own.

Tis pretty bright indeed. You might consider leaving it on steady or switching it off and using a standard flasher for city use.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Spotted one heading Dripsey way in Inniscarra @5ish

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

today, 11.20 heading over boharnabreena from old bawn side, lone rider, beeps delivered

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

kenmc wrote: »
    today, 11.20 heading over boharnabreena from old bawn side, lone rider, beeps delivered

That would have been myself. Apologies for not waving back but I tend to go into my own little world of hurt along that stretch and only copped after you passed that those beeps may have been aimed at me.

Loving all the resurfacing they carried out on the road to the military camp.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,122 ✭✭✭daragh_

New Jersey in a car behind the bunch yesterday at the Laragh Classic. Gave you a shout. I was one of the many rain soaked marshalls (but they only one sporting a red flag wedged into a sling).

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,961 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

N11, RTE / Donnybrook, 8:45 this morning. Was a few bikes behind you at RTE lights. Was going to go up and say hi but "didn't want to jump the lights queue"
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Robertd_07

Planet X wrote: »
    N11, RTE / Donnybrook, 8:45 this morning. Was a few bikes behind you at RTE lights. Was going to go up and say hi but "didn't want to jump the lights queue"
    :)
    Might have been me. A big orange raincover over a back-pack?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,961 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Didn't notice the backpack but did notice no helmet :)

Planet X wrote: »
    Didn't notice the backpack but did notice no helmet :)
    Well then not me! I get enough grief as it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭julio_iglayzis

Fast lad southbound on the N11 tonight. I was wearing a CRC jersey and tried saying "hi boardsie" but as I was suffering at that stage (despite the lovely tailwind) it came out as "hruuaggghhhhh burrrrrdzzzzzzzeeeeee"

Fast lad southbound on the N11 tonight. I was wearing a CRC jersey and tried saying "hi boardsie" but as I was suffering at that stage (despite the lovely tailwind) it came out as "hruuaggghhhhh burrrrrdzzzzzzzeeeeee"
    That was me. Not sure about fast though, trying to keep up with you more like. I did catch the "hello" though. Tried to say the same back, didn't come out at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭alexanderomahon

Hairy boardsie passing the Brian Boru at 3 pm yesterday

^^^ *waves*

• Registered Users Posts: 20,052 ✭✭✭✭neris

Full kit yesterday evening bout 530 going past bayside towards howth

• Advertisement

neris wrote: »
    Full kit yesterday evening bout 530 going past bayside towards howth
    That was me in ragged form about 170k into a long spin.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dermot Illogical

Old jersey at Gardiner St/Talbot St, Dublin at 8:35am. Shouted but no response from you. :(
    However, my disappointment was tempered by the reactions of my fellow passengers on the bus. I could tell that their respect for me increased immediately by the amount of room they gave me from that moment on. The benefits of being a boardsie :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Guy on an MTB at the Phoenix Monument on an MTB in the Phoenix Park yesterday afternoon around 1:30. I gave a bit of an nod as I didn't want to say hey and have to explain to my wife that I wasn't saying hello to a random stranger on the road, but rather to a random stranger from the internet. I was just popping the dogs into the back of the car at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭bellinter

Was on the decent from Sally Gap to Laragh yesterday at about 11.45 when I met a boardsie coming the other way. Obviously I didn't stop!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Myself on the return trip, after my coffee and cake.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭bellinter

good stuff, great morning for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭jimm

Old jersey at 10.36am yesterday, descending westwards from Sally Gap towards Manor Kilbride. I gave the "Hi B" greeting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Rogue-Trooper

Came across a Boardsie in full kit on the commute home this evening who turned out to be NeedMoreGears. We had a bit of a chinwag along the way.

Nice to make your acquaintance - hope you made it home in time for dinner! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭slap/dash

pink and black jersey descending from cruach on sunday around 1 maybe. i was too busy strugglin up to see what bike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭NeedMoreGears

Came across a Boardsie in full kit on the commute home this evening who turned out to be NeedMoreGears. We had a bit of a chinwag along the way.

Nice to make your acquaintance - hope you made it home in time for dinner! :pac:

Yep - I hardly tasted it I was so hungry. Nice to meet you aswell.

Advertisement