Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Jersey Sightings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

Alek wrote: »
    Anonymity on the internets? Times are a'changing my friend... ;)

Also, I think I've been spotted earlier on in Santry by someone.

Not so fast that there is more than one internet!

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭del_boy13

Alek wrote: »

Also, I think I've been spotted earlier on in Santry by someone.

That would be me ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Undercover Elephant

Sutton, about 1.30 today, new kit. Gave you a shout but probably too late for you to hear.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,176 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Sutton, about 1.30 today, new kit. Gave you a shout but probably too late for you to hear.
    You were cycling towards Sutton with kids? I heard the shout, but you mustn't have heard mine back :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,766 ✭✭✭cython

Boardsie in full green kit on a black Felt with orange trim and tyres just after 8 this morning, southbound on Westland Row, and headed east on Merrion Square when you got there. I was walking south on the path on the same side of the road.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Skrynesaver

cython wrote: »
    Boardsie in full green kit on a black Felt with orange trim and tyres just after 8 this morning, southbound on Westland Row, and headed east on Merrion Square when you got there. I was walking south on the path on the same side of the road.

That'd be me again, lovely morning out there

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Saw some one coming from Laragh going to roundwood. New kit on a Cayon. I passed them just as we got to Roundwood.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭Briando

godtabh wrote: »
    Saw some one coming from Laragh going to roundwood. New kit on a Cayon. I passed them just as we got to Roundwood.

That was me suffering like a dog!

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Zebrano

Waved to a fella who was coming down from howth in a green jersey bout half 2 yesterday

Boardsie spotted checking my sweet ride out on the Lusk bypass at 19:05 this evening!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,987 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »
    Boardsie spotted checking my sweet ride out on the Lusk bypass at 19:05 this evening!
    That was probably me. Were you at your front door at the time?

That was probably me. Were you at your front door at the time?

Yep! No robbing my bike!

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »
    Yep! No robbing my bike!
    I didn't see your bike -it was the clothing which caught my eye as I was passing.

(If I was to take anything, it would be your legs! :D You're putting up some savage stuff lately in your challenge -especially the fact that you're not avoiding hilly terrain. Kudos.)

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭Hani Kosti

Once again hello to Boardsie I almost scared to death today @Portobello Bridge before 8 (it was pure excitement seeing one!!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Hunterbiker

Hani Kosti wrote: »
    Once again hello to Boardsie I almost scared to death today @Portobello Bridge before 8 (it was pure excitement seeing one!!!)
    That was me. Just diving into the cycle lane. I called back hope you heard me :)

I did indeed... helooo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭mcgratheoin

Full green kit with black arm & leg warmers spotted on the Leixlip-Maynooth road at Carton House last night (heading towards Maynooth) - about twenty past 7. Got the hand off the bars standard wave, but was past before I realised it was a boardsie. I was in a blue top and white shorts

• Registered Users Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭sullzz

Full green kit with black arm & leg warmers spotted on the Leixlip-Maynooth road at Carton House last night (heading towards Maynooth) - about twenty past 7. Got the hand off the bars standard wave, but was past before I realised it was a boardsie. I was in a blue top and white shorts
    That was me, I was heading out to maynooth to do a timed loop from the college - kilcock-clane-barberstown-maynooth college (32.5k)
    Not really too sure why I was wearing my leg and arm warmers to be honest it was a lovely evening apart from a crappy headwind on the clane road.
    I hope I gave you a wave back.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,790 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Seen the old school kit heading down Mespil Rd/Haddington Rd, yesterday evening, probably about 6 on a blue on-one pompentaine? possibly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

sullzz wrote: »
    That was me, I was heading out to maynooth to do a timed loop from the college - kilcock-clane-barberstown-maynooth college (32.5k)
    Not really too sure why I was wearing my leg and arm warmers to be honest it was a lovely evening apart from a crappy headwind on the clane road.
    I hope I gave you a wave back.
    You were making good time, you were in Kilcock at 7:30pm, I couldn't wave as I was on the motorbike...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭sullzz

vektarman wrote: »
    You were making good time, you were in Kilcock at 7:30pm, I couldn't wave as I was on the motorbike...

Yeah I was happy with my time, was my first try at it, I did the loop in 1 hour on the button, average speed of 32.5kmh.
    I'll prob give it another go next week and see if there is any improvement.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

Full green kit on Baggot street earlier, gave a quick 'Boardsie'..and received numerous weird looks by people wondering what on earth I was saying :pac:

The kit looks amazing, regret I didn't buy one!

That reminds me - saw a pair of green shorts (combined with a really weird non-boards jersey) westbound on Nassau Street approx 5.15pm this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Hunterbiker

Zyzz wrote: »
    Full green kit on Baggot street earlier, gave a quick 'Boardsie'..and received numerous weird looks by people wondering what on earth I was saying :pac:

The kit looks amazing, regret I didn't buy one!
    That was me. Was popping across the road to get my dinner I got weird looks in the queue :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭NeedMoreGears

Original jersey above lough brea on the road to Sally gap at 1145 this morning. Tough climb into that wind.

Hello again to pink Boardsie met yesterday on Tour of Sligo... I was hungry so not as excited as I was once you left =)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Original jersey above lough brea on the road to Sally gap at 1145 this morning. Tough climb into that wind.
    That would have been me, stopping off for a call of nature (assuming you were the one in the green jersey that gave a shout). The wind was indeed a complete bastard, I was jealous of anyone coming the other way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭NeedMoreGears

Hi Blowfish,

Yeah that was me in the new green kit. I'd been up to the gap and it was only when I turned around that I got warm for the first time in ages. I went back over the featherbeds and it felt like I was climbing faster with a gale behind me than some were descending into that wind.

NMG

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭Hmmzis

Yesterday evening at 17:53 green jersey heading up St Patrick's/Christchurch hill direction North.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

Green kit heading through Terenure Village towards Rathfarnham at 1355 today. The green text was really faded so I didn't get a chance to draw attention to us both as I was travelling in the opposite direction and err...obviously we were both flying...kind of.

And whoever you are, I forgive you for not spotting the peak of my boards cap.

Advertisement