Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Jersey Sightings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,987 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Green jersey Parkgate Street/Infirmary Road at 1.30pm. Was in the car gave you a 'beep'.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,122 ✭✭✭daragh_

Pink jersey at Leeson bridge heading into town. 9ish this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭mcgratheoin

Green jersey Parkgate Street/Infirmary Road at 1.30pm. Was in the car gave you a 'beep'.

Green kit heading through Terenure Village towards Rathfarnham at 1355 today. The green text was really faded so I didn't get a chance to draw attention to us both as I was travelling in the opposite direction and err...obviously we were both flying...kind of.

And whoever you are, I forgive you for not spotting the peak of my boards cap.

Both me I think. I heard the beep at the exit of the park alright - wasn't sure if i'd been spotted or if i'd done something illegal :D

Rollingscone, apologies for missing the hat - I was still in semi shock after a crash with a car at the Maxol in Harold's Cross. Nothing hurt - I'll put the details into the "tell us about your spin" thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

Both me I think. I heard the beep at the exit of the park alright - wasn't sure if i'd been spotted or if i'd done something illegal :D

Rollingscone, apologies for missing the hat - I was still in semi shock after a crash with a car at the Maxol in Harold's Cross. Nothing hurt - I'll put the details into the "tell us about your spin" thread.

Ahem you're missing the quid pro quo ''we were both going too fast''*.

*You would need eagle vision to see a protruding boards peak across two lanes of traffic.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,790 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Seen one in front of me (new green one, MTB shorts)this morning in the left turning lane beside the grand canal, I was going to say hello but the light was about to change, you headed down Clanwilliam terrace (cobbled street heading beside Grand Canal Dock) at about 8:40.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Pulled up beside someone in full green kit in Templeogue just before 8 this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Hunterbiker

Blowfish wrote: »
    Pulled up beside someone in full green kit in Templeogue just before 8 this morning.
    That was me. Nice to say hello. That was a nice cycle top you had on where did you get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

That was me. Nice to say hello. That was a nice cycle top you had on where did you get it.
    It was actually the commemorative one for the Giro stage yesterday. Got it from one of the official vans in Merrion square, though haven't seen it sold online anywhere yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Hunterbiker

Its a nice jersey. I will look out fir one.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

CramCycle wrote: »
    Seen one in front of me (new green one, MTB shorts)this morning in the left turning lane beside the grand canal, I was going to say hello but the light was about to change, you headed down Clanwilliam terrace (cobbled street heading beside Grand Canal Dock) at about 8:40.
    That was me. That damn street drives me mad but it's the quickest way to Grand canal dock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Aeghnor

My first ever sighting :D Came to Dublin for three hours and spoted a green jersey and black "sky" shorts at 12:34 passing Four Courts. You looked too busy overtaking two other cyclist so no shout from me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,176 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Aeghnor wrote: »
    My first ever sighting :D Came to Dublin for three hours and spoted a green jersey and black "sky" shorts at 12:34 passing Four Courts. You looked too busy overtaking two other cyclist so no shout from me :D
    That was me. It was my second time overtaking that pair; they shoaled past me and went with the pedestrian lights at Church St. :rolleyes: Not as nasty as the guy who gobbed on the car that cut us at the last second to turn up Jervis St. :(

Welcome to Dublin ;) I'm sure you could've shouted and added to the fun on the quays without me falling into the Liffey.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

Green jersey opposite the Yellow House in rathfarmham at about 6 15 this evening-looked like the start of a club spin?

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Valentine1

Came Past a green Jersey at Cowper Luas Stop around 16:30 this afternoon, would have said hello but was in my civvies and only spotted the jersey at the last moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

colm18 wrote: »
    Green jersey opposite the Yellow House in rathfarmham at about 6 15 this evening-looked like the start of a club spin?

That was me out for Orwell Tuesday night climbing. The boards colors are close enough to the Orwell ones that I hope they don't notice ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

My wife spotted a "handsome" green kit outside Iveagh Gardens around 5:30pm. Said "hey boardsie" but isn't sure if heard ;)

Gave a belated yell to a full green kit at the traffic lights by the university in Maynooth at about 7.20

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Gave a belated yell to a full green kit at the traffic lights by the university in Maynooth at about 7.20

That would have been me. Didn't even hear ya.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,790 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Classic Pink/Black at Sundrive last night in the Ladies, nice bike BTW.

Green jersey and possible full kit(couldn't see bib shorts) between Ratoath and Ashbourne at approx 3:05pm today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,766 ✭✭✭cython

Alek wrote: »
    My wife spotted a "handsome" green kit outside Iveagh Gardens around 5:30pm. Said "hey boardsie" but isn't sure if heard ;)

I work beside the Iveagh gardens and had green kit on for commute home yesterday but would have been a bit later than 5:30pm (maybe closer to 6). Would have been on an yellow/orange bike with an orange pannier heading from Hatch street corner down Harcourt street if that narrows it down? Didn't hear anything in any case.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

I'll ask her for more details ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,176 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Green jersey and possible full kit(couldn't see bib shorts) between Ratoath and Ashbourne at approx 3:05pm today.
    That was me. Were you in the Swords kit?

That was me. Were you in the Swords kit?

Nah. Was in a motorised vehicle :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Not a boards jersey but saw a full BMC kit with Zipp wheels at the slip road off the N11,towards Cherry wood. Heading towards Shankhill.

I reckon the BMC is a bargain alert special

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭_DMac_

Black and green jersey on Ballyowen Road about 11:30 this morning with another guy in a red top. Was gone past before I decked it was a Boards jersey :o

Black and green jersey on Ballyowen Road about 11:30 this morning with another guy in a red top. Was gone past before I decked it was a Boards jersey :o

Boards jersey with white shorts and the other guy in a Rebel Tour jersey from last year? If so, twas myself in the boards gear heading for Laragh.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭_DMac_

Boards jersey with white shorts and the other guy in a Rebel Tour jersey from last year? If so, twas myself in the boards gear heading for Laragh.

That's the one. Was in a car going the other way and by the time I had computed t'was a boardsie I was gone well past :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Skrynesaver

Pink long sleeved Jersey turning down Serpintine Ave. outside RDS as I was heading south around 7:30.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,052 ✭✭✭✭neris

7pm this evening full old style kit between portmarnock and baldoyle, heading in the baldoyle direction

Advertisement