Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Jersey Sightings

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Shout out the the two boardsies on the LapdeGaps today. I was starting to think I would be the only one wearing the uniform.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭Hani Kosti

Hi Orion, really nice talking to you!!!
    Remember, you're never alone, there is always one (or two) Boards souls just around the corner

• Registered Users Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭sullzz

Orion wrote: »
    Shout out the the two boardsies on the LapdeGaps today. I was starting to think I would be the only one wearing the uniform.

i didnt see you today Orion , i usually do bump into you.
    I did have quick chat to Mcgratheoin at the food stop.
    Great day for the cycle today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭NeedMoreGears

neris wrote: »
    7pm this evening full old style kit between portmarnock and baldoyle, heading in the baldoyle direction

Spotted him in Malahide around 1850 or so.

Aldo saw half a green kit on Quozl at the Mount Leinster today

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭mcgratheoin

sullzz wrote: »
    I did have quick chat to Mcgratheoin at the food stop.

Good to chat Sullzz, thanks for coming over to say hi. Spoke to a few other non-kit wearing boardsies as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

Spotted on way up to Sally Gap on the climb up past Lough Bray about 11.30am Saturday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭FuzzyDunlop100

neris wrote: »
    7pm this evening full old style kit between portmarnock and baldoyle, heading in the baldoyle direction

Might have been me, is the "old style kit" the black one with white/pink writing?

Might have been me

I called out "hi Boardsie" as someone in pink gear passed Malahide tennis club - was that you?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dermot Illogical

I called out "hi Boardsie" as someone in pink gear passed Malahide tennis club - was that you?

Saturday evening? Someone gave me a shout there around 6pm Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭FuzzyDunlop100

Wasn't near Malahide, Portmarnock to Howth & back again only.

• Advertisement

Saturday evening? Someone gave me a shout there around 6pm Saturday.

If Saturday 1845, no helmet (I think - my eyesight is crap), slightly puzzled look (I was walking not cycling so hard to spot :)), then yes

If Saturday 1845, no helmet (I think - my eyesight is crap), slightly puzzled look (I was walking not cycling so hard to spot :)), then yes

Guilty.
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

heh, does spotting yourself count for this thread? Just realised the Tour of Louth homepage has me in a boards jersey from when I did it in 2010.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,766 ✭✭✭cython

Think I might have seen and overtaken a green boards jersey poking out from under a jacket heading west in the Phoenix Park on the cycle path this evening, probably a bit after 6pm? Looked like the distinctive green and the same kind of weave/pattern (for want of a better term) as the Verge one I have myself.

About 7ish heading into Dunboyne on the Maynooth road. Full Green kit - gave you a wave and a shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

Remind me never to give you a salute if I ever see you..can't be having those awful gestures being thrown around :P

Zyzz wrote: »
    Remind me never to give you a salute if I ever see you..can't be having those awful gestures being thrown around :P

Guess I'm retiring my Boardsie tops from now on... booooo
    (please note boys wear pink, girls green)

Zyzz wrote: »

Guess I'm retiring my Boardsie tops from now on... booooo
    (please note boys wear pink, girls green)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

That gesture is nothing compared to what she was saying!!! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,052 ✭✭✭✭neris

Might have been me, is the "old style kit" the black one with white/pink writing?

yeah with red helmet (i think)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

About 7ish heading into Dunboyne on the Maynooth road. Full Green kit - gave you a wave and a shout.

That was me again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭MB Lacey

This morning cycling through Ranelagh/ Clonskeagh a resplendent looking pink and black boards jersey (with matching pink socks), all I could think to say was 'Nice top'. You looked like you were lucky enough to be heading out for the day?

That was me again :)

I thought you looked familiar ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Hunterbiker

Reverse from the norm...
    someone spotted me on Grand Parade / junction with the bridge / Canal Road at about 17:45 tonight.
    She said who she was but I didn't catch it and the lights changed so I was unable to introduce myself nor ask who it was. Sorry!
    It was me in the green kit.
    Hello! :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,845 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Ah hello twas me! I was on the way to Sundrive, I didn't know what the etiquette is so I awkwardly introduced myself!
    It was the first time I have seen a boards jersey out 'in the wild' in Dublin. *waves*

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,135 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

There were 2 of the "pink vintage" at Sundrive tonight - in addition to gadetra, Dermot Illogical decided to check out what was going on (and possibly didn't realise there were 3 Cycling mods at the track tonight with many other boardsies there without the "gear")

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Hunterbiker

gadetra wrote: »
    Ah hello twas me! I , I didn't know what the etiquette is so I awkwardly introduced myself!
    *waves*
    *waves*
    :)

Beasty wrote: »
    There were 2 of the "pink vintage" at Sundrive tonight - in addition to gadetra, Dermot Illogical decided to check out what was going on (and possibly didn't realise there were 3 Cycling mods at the track tonight with many other boardsies there without the "gear")

I only spotted 2. :eek:
    I will have to go back, possibly undercover, to see if I can identify this mystery mod.

• Advertisement

Guy in green shirt cycling up through Silkenvale in Maynooth yesterday at about 4:30. I was walking my dog and called out "Hi boardsie" or something.

Advertisement