Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Jersey Sightings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 guy bono

MB Lacey wrote: »
    This morning cycling through Ranelagh/ Clonskeagh a resplendent looking pink and black boards jersey (with matching pink socks), all I could think to say was 'Nice top'. You looked like you were lucky enough to be heading out for the day?

That was me - as i wasn't totally awake, it took me a bit to process what you said; thanks! Not quite the full day as I had to be back by 12.00 - but lovely down in Wicklow.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Wizardej

Spotted pink jersey kit just at start of grand canal bout 5ish, said hello at cycle lane giveaway bit. Had the green jersey on myself but was covered with yellow jacket

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,787 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Wizardej wrote: »
    Spotted pink jersey kit just at start of grand canal bout 5ish, said hello at cycle lane giveaway bit. Had the green jersey on myself but was covered with yellow jacket

If he had a beard and orange shoes then it was myself, sorry I didn't hear the hello. I was keeping an eye on the hipster messing with his phone while hands free.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Zebrano

See a chap with a group today bout 12.30 on the road into athy. Gave a small beeb

• Registered Users Posts: 4,766 ✭✭✭cython

Saw a green jersey on the way down from Howth today at about 12. I was going the other way (shamefully in a car though!). Didn't beep or anything as you were pretty much level with me before I copped the jersey.

• Advertisement

Was spotted at grand canal this evening after 6 by another Boardsie. Apologies for not speaking louder-through my thick Northern accent and being out of breath I was difficult to understand! Think that's only the 3rd other Boardsie I've seen/spoke with round there

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

Hah, apologies for not getting your nickname until maybe 10s after we went our ways ;-) Nice to meet you!

Alek wrote: »
    Hah, apologies for not getting your nickname until maybe 10s after we went our ways ;-) Nice to meet you!

No worries- good to see other boardsies :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Full green kit just outside Maynooth on the Straffan Road at about 7:05pm this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭sullzz

Full green kit just outside Maynooth on the Straffan Road at about 7:05pm this evening.

that was me i spotted you as i passed , you were in the full green kit too , i gave you the thumbs up , i would have stopped to say hi but was coming to the end of a timed loop , heading to the college.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭buffalo

Did I spy someone atop Howth this evening? Didn't cross paths, but saw what looked like the black kit pulled over near the Summit.

sullzz wrote: »
    that was me i spotted you as i passed , you were in the full green kit too , i gave you the thumbs up , i would have stopped to say hi but was coming to the end of a timed loop , heading to the college.

Spotted the thumbs up alright!! You gonna do some racing with IRC this year?

Spotted the thumbs up alright!! You gonna do some racing with IRC this year?

Not sure , plans got put on hold ..long story
    You doing a bit with Lucan I see , you settled in there ok yeah ?

sullzz wrote: »
    Not sure , plans got put on hold ..long story
    You doing a bit with Lucan I see , you settled in there ok yeah ?

Yep settled in good. Excellent club and coming along nicely. If your registered for the club league you should jump in. Great craic.

Yep settled in good. Excellent club and coming along nicely. If your registered for the club league you should jump in. Great craic.

Ye never know ye might see me down in Lucan yet

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭MediaMan

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »
    Two sightings today:

First: A tired boardsie taking a break halfway between the Sally Gap and Laragh around 2:45.

Second: Heading for the hills from Dundrum at the mint around 7:30ish?

Shouted greetings to both.

Five weeks later(!) I get around to checking this thread. I think that was me at the mint, indeed on the way to the hills for a few quick climbs.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,961 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Cdaly in Roundwood @7:30am. this morning. Doing the REK 400 Audax, good number passed through, about 30 he reckoned. Nice day for it.........and night.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Zen0

Passed by a Boardsie in orange/grey kit flying up the steep section above Lough Bray heading for Sally Gap this morning. I was barely managing to stay upright, said Boardsie flew past me. Good going.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Auntie Carol

New Street, Carrick on Suir 4.25 pm. Black and pink jersey.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

New Street, Carrick on Suir 4.25 pm. Black and pink jersey.
    Me again at the Carrick extreme of the REK. Which one (of the hoardes of people thronging the town) were you?... :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,122 ✭✭✭daragh_

Green Jersey with a small group heading towards Castlecomer this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Auntie Carol

cdaly_ wrote: »
    Me again at the Carrick extreme of the REK. Which one (of the hoardes of people thronging the town) were you?... :pac:
    I was one of the hoardes heading for local hostelry in search of refreshment after an afternoon of keeping up with a three year old hyped up on sugar:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Gave a green jersey a beep and a rev on my way back from the sally gap, on stocking lane. Howya!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Garzard

Gave a green jersey a beep and a rev on my way back from the sally gap, on stocking lane. Howya!

Passing by the forest off the Featherbeds around 17:10 today from SG and I received the exact same, along with a wave from a guy in a silver BMW, you by any chance? Was wearing a green myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Garzard wrote: »
    Passing by the forest off the Featherbeds around 17:10 today from SG and I received the exact same, along with a wave from a guy in a silver BMW, you by any chance? Was wearing a green myself!

'twas me alright!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

Yesterday evening between newmarket and the motorway j7 I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Garzard

'twas me alright!

Nice meeting you anyway! Today was my first time cycling wearing Boards gear and immediately noticed getting a lot more nods, waves etc from other passing cyclists and cars than from before! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,176 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I think I saw a green jersey hiding under a gilet near the single line Liffey bridge (whatever it's called) between Sally Gap and Manor Kilbride today at 11AM. Said hello, but only spotted the sleeves as I passed, so I don't know if my "boardsie!" was heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭NeedMoreGears

Saw a very fit looking Jimm in Laragh today in the original jersey. Nice chat at the hippy cafe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭nilhg

Zebrano wrote: »
    See a chap with a group today bout 12.30 on the road into athy. Gave a small beeb

Think that probably was me, we were coming in from Ballitore side, heard the beep as you went by.

Advertisement