Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Jersey Sightings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭jimm

Saw a very fit looking Jimm in Laragh today in the original jersey. Nice chat at the hippy cafe.

Just after my climbing and descending of Wicklow Gap, which felt like Monte Zoncolan to me!! That double espresso went down well.

Nice meeting you again NMG.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

New green jersey Ballyboden road around 6.45pm..I think

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Blanked by a pink jersey near Kilcock at around 11am this morning.

Poor form as I was wearing my own pink jersey, I want this person found and banned please. We can do that, right?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,135 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    Blanked by a pink jersey near Kilcock at around 11am this morning.

Poor form as I was wearing my own pink jersey, I want this person found and banned please. We can do that, right?
    Only one of the two Boardsies involved is known to us at this stage Dirk. However I'm happy to ban you if you think it's warranted ....

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I saw a few lads around wicklow yesterday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭zindicato

Boards jersey sighting today during the W200 route saw a guy pushing his bike up the long drag in avoca, shouted at him'' boards jersey sighting, boards jersey sighting'' got a chuckle off him and a nice how ya:-) mate if your here was waiting for you at the leisure center to say hi but didn't see you again anyways congratulations for finishing.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭del_boy13

zindicato wrote: »
    Boards jersey sighting today during the W200 route saw a guy pushing his bike up the long drag in avoca, shouted at him'' boards jersey sighting, boards jersey sighting'' got a chuckle off him and a nice how ya:-) mate if your here was waiting for you at the leisure center to say hi but didn't see you again anyways congratulations for finishing.

Thanks for waiting but it took a while to get up that hill and once I got to the top I put the jacket back on.
    Decided to walk as wasn't getting enough recognition for wearing the jersey when I was slowly dying. My own fault as took a long turn on a pace line just before the first of the 3 climbs and was pretty wasted by the time I got to the bottom of that climb.

The last 30 k was the most enjoyable part of the day with the sun out and only little ramps that I could manage.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Zyzz wrote: »
    New green jersey Ballyboden road around 6.45pm..I think
    Probably me. I've taken to going home via Stocking lane, I'm not getting enough good KMs in.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭zindicato

del_boy13 wrote: »
    Thanks for waiting but it took a while to get up that hill and once I got to the top I put the jacket back on.
    Decided to walk as wasn't getting enough recognition for wearing the jersey when I was slowly dying. My own fault as took a long turn on a pace line just before the first of the 3 climbs and was pretty wasted by the time I got to the bottom of that climb.

The last 30 k was the most enjoyable part of the day with the sun out and only little ramps that I could manage.

nice to meet you today man, I think everybody was dying at that point the weather took a toll on all of us was just cold and miserable 80% of the time. Trust me there is so many times that I wanted to get off myself but I would be left behind by my groupmates so just had to solder on..... you know your right with the last 30 kms it was just nice;-).... got into a group of guys with somebody from lucan cycling club leading it it was just brilliant made the last 30 much much easier and faster:p again congratulations see ya next year:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭eoin88

Saw a chap going down Washington St around 1pm yesterday. I was queueing for a hangover brunch outside Liberty Grill, by the time it registered in my brain you were well gone!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭alanucc

eoin88 wrote: »
    Saw a chap going down Washington St around 1pm yesterday. I was queueing for a hangover brunch outside Liberty Grill, by the time it registered in my brain you were well gone!

Twas myself returning from Ballingeary!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Garzard

Might've seen a pink kit around 18:40 in Stillorgan on my way back from a cycle to Greystones.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

Green jersey at half three today at the crossroad of carpenterstown road with college lane and knockmaroon hill.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭mcgratheoin

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »
    Green jersey at half three today at the crossroad of carpenterstown road with college lane and knockmaroon hill.

White arm warmers? Think it was myself on the way back from a spin around Glencree with a mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

White arm warmers? Think it was myself on the way back from a spin around Glencree with a mate.

Aye. Two of ye.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭MB Lacey

Green Boards jersey stopped at lights along the canal at Rathmines bridge.
    I have now learnt what to say when pulling up alongside.
    'Boards jersey sighting'.
    Sorry I can't remember your username, hope you had a nice commute home :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,122 ✭✭✭daragh_

The Tax Man. Bridge on the Canal heading towards HX last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Hunterbiker

MB Lacey wrote: »
    Green Boards jersey stopped at lights along the canal at Rathmines bridge.
    I have now learnt what to say when pulling up alongside.
    'Boards jersey sighting'.
    Sorry I can't remember your username, hope you had a nice commute home :)

Nice to chat. It was a lovely spin home :)

Someone crossed in front of me last night around 6:20, short sleeve pink jersey. Grand canal st lower, heading south over the canal.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,176 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Spotted someone in a green jersey heading towards Sally Gap, just after Lough Bray today at 14:45.

• Advertisement

Spotted someone in a green jersey heading towards Sally Gap, just after Lough Bray today at 14:45.

Just before the lorry overtook? Was myself heading towards Glendalough. Great day for a cycle.

Garzard wrote: »
    Just before the lorry overtook? Was myself heading towards Glendalough. Great day for a cycle.
    Yeah, lovely day for it. Wish I'd taken a second bottle with me.

Yeah, lovely day for it. Wish I'd taken a second bottle with me.

For some reason I tend to drink little on cycles, mostly before leaving instead. Managed 60k today and came back with the bottle I took still nearly full. My main problem today was getting clipped in the face by wasps and flies - going downhill at speed without glasses in this weather, insects alone can make it really bloody dangerous!

Got a wave from someone in the original jersey just after I turned onto Green Isle road around 6:30 this evening. Sorry, sun was in my eyes so only copped you at the last minute and barely managed a nod and a "Howya"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

Green jersey coming down the Sally Gap earlier (yellow/black bike I think), shouted boardsie but I don't think you heard me. You also looked way too happy going down the descent :pac:

Zyzz wrote: »
    Green jersey coming down the Sally Gap earlier (yellow/black bike I think), shouted boardsie but I don't think you heard me. You also looked way too happy going down the descent :pac:
    That was me, about 2 minutes after I went by Garzard. I did hear your shout, but I didn't realise I looked happy :D Maybe I was glad my brakes were working.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,987 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Forgot to mention that I got a "Boardsie" shout on Dawson Street on Wednesday morning circa 10am. I looked back but couldn't identify where it came from.

seamus wrote: »
    Got a wave from someone in the original jersey just after I turned onto Green Isle road around 6:30 this evening. Sorry, sun was in my eyes so only copped you at the last minute and barely managed a nod and a "Howya"

That was me seamus. :)

Ah jaysus, that's twice now. Told you the sun was in my eyes :D

• Advertisement

seamus wrote: »
    Ah jaysus, that's twice now. Told you the sun was in my eyes :D

Yeah, I usually pass that spot heading for Thurs. club training at around the same time you're heading up to Corkagh Park. :D

Advertisement