Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Jersey Sightings

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Pink and black jersey coming into Laragh around 3pm, I was in the green jersey and we exchanged a 'Hi Boardsie' in passing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭sullzz

smacl wrote: »
    Pink and black jersey coming into Laragh around 3pm, I was in the green jersey and we exchanged a 'Hi Boardsie' in passing.

Hi , that was Orion you spotted , I was coming down shortly after him I spotted you but it was a little too late to give you a shout.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

smacl wrote: »

5 minutes earlier I had said to sullz how I hadn't seen a single boardsie on the spin then around the next corner I meet you.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭jober

Full pink gear bout 9.30am just outside summerhill
    I was the 1 like a ninja all in black and black bike

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,135 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

jober wrote: »
    Full pink gear bout 9.30am just outside summerhill
    I was the 1 like a ninja all in black and black bike

And 9.55am at the roundabout on the outskirts of Trim, returning back towards Summerhill about 15 mins later. I was the IVCA marshal on the roundabout calling out "Boardsie" first time across.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Garzard

Came across another boardsie in separate gear off Rathgar Avenue today and had a good chat until we had to separate at the junction outside Vaughan's Eagle House. Didn't quite catch the name over the traffic noise but nice talking to you whoever it was.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Slightly late.. but last friday at the roundabout into sandyford off the leopardstown road, some tearing it up @ 5:15AM heading towards the N11 in a pink jersey

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Full kit in Maynooth at approx 5:45pm. I gave the shout :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Slightly late.. but last friday at the roundabout into sandyford off the leopardstown road, some tearing it up @ 5:15AM heading towards the N11 in a pink jersey

Sounds like me

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

godtabh wrote: »
    Sounds like me

fair play to you, must be nice to get out on the road that early have it pretty much to yourself!

• Advertisement

Full kit in Maynooth at approx 5:45pm. I gave the shout :)

That was me just arriving home from work.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭Hmmzis

Garzard wrote: »
    Came across another boardsie in separate gear off Rathgar Avenue today and had a good chat until we had to separate at the junction outside Vaughan's Eagle House. Didn't quite catch the name over the traffic noise but nice talking to you whoever it was.

Might have been me, nice talking to you. :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

fair play to you, must be nice to get out on the road that early have it pretty much to yourself!

Been doing it for nearly 2 years now. Great in the summer. Hard to get out of bed in the winter!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Mercian Pro

Orion wrote: »
    That was me just arriving home from work.

And that was you on the Lunchtime City Cycle earlier today. Good talking to you and thanks for the tip-off about the current Boards jersey order. Must see if I can find it here now!

And that was you on the Lunchtime City Cycle earlier today. Good talking to you and thanks for the tip-off about the current Boards jersey order. Must see if I can find it here now!

It was indeed. Best of luck in the Pyrenees.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Doctor Bob

Turning down the ramp into the basement in work this morning (the car park is shared between a number of companies/organisations), half on auto-pilot, I got a bit of a shock when I saw a full original kit walking down the ramp ahead of me wheeling a bike. I've seen a fair few kits about the place, but never one at such close quarters. It felt almost like I'd just caught a leprechaun.

I said Hi already, but thought I should mention it here too, for the record.

Nice to meet you!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭funkyjebus

Gave a shout to someone in an original jersey around 6pm last night on the Ratoath Road.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

The last two were both me, i wore the bib for the first time last night and got spotted on the way home and twice on the way in this morning. Going to have to start going faster now that I know people are watching me. Doctor bob it was nice talking to you.

Just saw a green Jersey on Amien street heading towards the river. Gave the call

• Registered Users Posts: 8 frightrabbit

This morning in Rathfarnham, going up towards the village from yellow house direction at around 7:45am

I tried to say hello but I was too slow :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dermot Illogical

Orion wrote: »
    Just saw a green Jersey on Amien street heading towards the river. Gave the call

That was myself. I just about managed a "Hi!" by the time I woke up. I'm still not sure what the correct response is to a boards shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,987 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

...... I'm still not sure what the correct response is to a boards shout.
    .....or the etiquette when both parties meet along the road in full boards.ie splendour! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Garzard

.....or the etiquette when both parties meet along the road in full boards.ie splendour! :)

Hmmzis was cycling behind me for a few minutes yesterday and just said ''So which boardsie are you?'' when we eventually had to stop at the Harold's Cross lights. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 24,987 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Garzard wrote: »
    Hmmzis was cycling behind me for a few minutes yesterday and just said ''So which boardsie are you?'' when we eventually had to stop at the Harold's Cross lights. :p
    Most times I've encountered another boardsie, they were travelling in the opposite direction so no opportunity to chat as such.

That was myself. I just about managed a "Hi!" by the time I woke up. I'm still not sure what the correct response is to a boards shout.
    You looked a bit shocked that you were spotted alright :D

I was told you had to get off the bikes and rub your lycra clad bodies together while kissing passionately. I'd starting to think I was led down the garden path!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭Hmmzis

Full green kit this morning around 8 on Dodder park road, near the junction with Rathfarnham road. Gave a wave, was heading the other direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

Hmmzis wrote: »
    Full green kit this morning around 8 on Dodder park road, near the junction with Rathfarnham road. Gave a wave, was heading the other direction.

Guilty!

By the time I realised you were waving you were almost past and all I manage was an awkward croak 'howya'

• Registered Users Posts: 31,067 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Does this count? :pac:

20140619_172912.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 42 trav1963

Spotted Boardsie guzzling down the water outside Centra in Dunleer this morning. Must have plenty of KMs on the clock, he looked wrecked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

trav1963 wrote: »
    Spotted Boardsie guzzling down the water outside Centra in Dunleer this morning. Must have plenty of KMs on the clock, he looked wrecked.

How rude! Some of us look wrecked after ten minutes! :mad:

Advertisement