Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Jersey Sightings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

trav1963 wrote: »
    Spotted Boardsie guzzling down the water outside Centra in Dunleer this morning. Must have plenty of KMs on the clock, he looked wrecked.

T'was I on my way to Warrenpoint. If you think I looked wrecked then, you shoulda seen me coming in the door at 21.30.

Hold on! Whadda ya mean 'wrecked'. I'm sure I looked svelte, trim and powerful*. Not 'wrecked'!... :eek:

*Mind you, on a recent spin, I spotted my shadow on the road beside me. I'd been expecting a masterful Tour de France race leader but ended up looking at a farmer on his high nelly with a belly and a flat cap! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dermot Illogical

cdaly_ wrote: »
    T'was I on my way to Warrenpoint. If you think I looked wrecked then, you shoulda seen me coming in the door at 21.30.

Congrats on the Carlingford! Lovely day for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 trav1963

Only jokin cdaly. First Boards sighting. Good spin to Warrenpoint & perfect day for it.

Retro jersey spotted heading Rathfarnham bound on the military road (near ish viewpoint), about half twelve or so.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Saw Colm18 earlier. I was heading home as he was heading up Sally Gap

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Doc07

Did Tour De Burren in a pink jersey today. Briefly spoke to SULS(spelling?) at the water stop in a green jersey. Great day out by the way, will do again next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭zindicato

saw somebody in a black and green boardsie kit yesterday in enniskerry road going back to dublin around 4 or 5 pm was gonna go to greystones but saw few mates on their full suspension bikes going down the same way so stopped and chatted with em for a while, shouted boardsie at him he tried to slow down a bit and look back like 2x to see whose shouting at him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭willabur

I passed by a boards jersey on the tour de burren yesterday on the 96km route about 10km from the end. Was following him for a few km and finally caught him at the top of a hill, he was fairly shook - extended a 'nearly there' :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Doc07

willabur wrote: »
    I passed by a boards jersey on the tour de burren yesterday on the 96km route about 10km from the end. Was following him for a few km and finally caught him at the top of a hill, he was fairly shook - extended a 'nearly there' :)

That was me, 'Fairly shook' is being kind. I suffered a bit for the last 20k. Tried to stay with the Kelly group for too long after the food stop and blew up. Still really enjoyed the day overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭willabur

ha, good man!!
    The final few KM along the coast from Fanore to Ballyvaughn were worth the pain I hope

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭WilkBMC

Pink Jersey coming from swords and heading towards Blakescross I gave ya a beep aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,987 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

WilkBMC wrote: »
    Pink Jersey coming from swords and heading towards Blakescross I gave ya a beep aswell.
    That was me nearing the end of a 200k spin.Thanks for the beep - I gave you a wave! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭WilkBMC

Fair play and yeah I spotted that, you seemed to still be going well.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Green jersey on Braemor Rd this morning heading towards Dundrum...way to make me miss commuting by bike

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

Green jersey on Braemor Rd this morning heading towards Dundrum...way to make me miss commuting by bike

Me again (I think)! 2 spots in a week... Might change it up next week with the pink top!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Doctor Bob

Green jersey at The Barge on the Grand Canal cycle track, 9:20 am. Wizardej? You looked a bit bemused when I pointed. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Wizardej

Doctor Bob wrote: »
    Green jersey at The Barge on the Grand Canal cycle track, 9:20 am. Wizardej? You looked a bit bemused when I pointed. :)

Heya yeah that was me. Was trying to work out if I seen you before then I recognised the basket! Not too busy on the canal today for some reason...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

saw some one coming out of Maynooth heading to Kilcock around 9:40 in original jersey. Shouted morning boardsie but you may not have heard it. Gave a wave to

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

Original Jersey up near Glencullen at about 12:30; only clocked you were a Boardsie after you passed so apologies for lack of a shout!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

godtabh wrote: »
    saw some one coming out of Maynooth heading to Kilcock around 9:40 in original jersey. Shouted morning boardsie but you may not have heard it. Gave a wave to

I've heard that, gave you a wave (or a nod) too :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Rogue-Trooper

Gave a 'yo Boardsie!' shout out the car window yesterday evening to a pink jersey stopped at the lights in Baldoyle village heading in Portmarnock direction. Was probably about 6.45ish.

Not sure if I was heard - my shout may have been drowned out by traffic noise as I was heading in the opposite direction!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dermot Illogical

Gave a 'yo Boardsie!' shout out the car window yesterday evening to a pink jersey stopped at the lights in Baldoyle village heading in Portmarnock direction. Was probably about 6.45ish.

Not sure if I was heard - my shout may have been drowned out by traffic noise as I was heading in the opposite direction!

I heard you alright but wasn't sure which car it came from. Went to wave in the general direction but found that doesn't work too well with track standing ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

Got spotted near Quays by colm18, I was wearing the old jersey and green bibs and got commented on the combination :) When I think about it now, your style was quite similar today - vintage Molteni jersey and a modern Boardman, perfectly colour matched on top of it ! :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Pink Jersey, white Ribble on Rathfarnham road heading towards Terenure yesterday around 4.20.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭funkyjebus

Pink Jersey, white Ribble on Rathfarnham road heading towards Terenure yesterday around 4.20.

That was me. I also spotted a boadsie yesterday (new green bibs and a polka dot jersey), once on Dorset street and then the same boardsie again around Manor Kilbride.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭ChainWhip

funkyjebus wrote: »
    That was me. I also spotted a boadsie yesterday (new green bibs and a polka dot jersey), once on Dorset street and then the same boardsie again around Manor Kilbride.

\o/ waves \o/

smashing day for a spin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

Pink jersey spotted at UCD around 6 bells (female), was waiting for the bus and didn't want to shout as there was a good amount of people there..nor did I wave as you more than likely would have thought I was being a bit of a creep :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Zebrano

Is there an orange and black jersey

• Registered Users Posts: 9,176 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Zebrano wrote: »
    Is there an orange and black jersey
    More orange and blue than black. There's pink and black, green and black, and a new one coming shortly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

One of the later pink & black kits looks more like red & black too.

Advertisement