Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Jersey Sightings

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

More orange and blue than black. There's pink and black, green and black, and a new one coming shortly.

Getting to make these sightings more of a challenge. Saw what looked like green boards shorts on a lady cycling the ring of hook over the weekend, but wasn't so sure so decided against the boards shout out. (I was also in boards green going the other way, not sure if it was Saturday or Sunday as I did a similar route both mornings).

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Zebrano

Think i see an orange one this morning in the park along by ashtown

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,845 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Zyzz wrote: »
    Pink jersey spotted at UCD around 6 bells (female), was waiting for the bus and didn't want to shout as there was a good amount of people there..nor did I wave as you more than likely would have thought I was being a bit of a creep :pac:

Grey 3/4 length shorts? That would have been me on the way to training. Don't fear the waving, it's not creepy at all! (Although my ability to notice nothing but what's on the road around me may void the waving :o)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

Twas me then! I ride my extended commute there every so often :)

(were you on a road bike? not too many of them around... its a lovely smooth cycle path but gates spoil the fun)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

gadetra wrote: »
    Grey 3/4 length shorts? That would have been me on the way to training. Don't fear the waving, it's not creepy at all! (Although my ability to notice nothing but what's on the road around me may void the waving :o)

Yeup grey shorts! I was admiring the lads red Felt in front of you then noticed the jersey you and confused myself on whether to shout or wave..which ended in nothing happening :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,845 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Zyzz wrote: »
    Yeup grey shorts! I was admiring the lads red Felt in front of you then noticed the jersey you and confused myself on whether to shout or wave..which ended in nothing happening :pac:

ha ha, I also admired felt man's bike. We had a weird moment, felt man and I. He came out of booterstown avenue, behind me. Sped on past me, fair enough says I, nice bike (!) then went the same speed as me in front. A Dublin bus pulls in in front of us after fosters ave/before ucd. I expected felt man to go on by bus, he didn't and slowed right down behind it. I was watching him, so slowed too when I normaly 99% of the time look over my shoulder and out by it. So I slowed, then thought **** it what am I at and went on by but bus had started to take off again at this point so I ended up going by it and pullin in in front of it. I felt like such a grade A dick. Felt man and Db went out by me just before the UCD lights. Damn felt man and his super distracting sexy bike!!

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Zebrano

Alek wrote: »
    Twas me then! I ride my extended commute there every so often :)

(were you on a road bike? not too many of them around... its a lovely smooth cycle path but gates spoil the fun)

Yea tried to say boardsie at the last minute but came out as a slur.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

Saw a pink and black kit heading through Terenure Xroads about 40 minutes ago

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭hueylewis

I may have seen 3 today, or 2 at least. Was just catching up to one around 2pm on Whitechurch Rd, turning left onto College Road (towards the rear entrance to Marlay) - I was heading straight on. Then I think I met two, probably closer to 3pm, about 20 seconds apart heading past Pine Forest towards Tibradden Wood/Cruagh, I was heading the opposite way towards Johnny Fox's.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Jabel

Saw 'Alek' I think this morning motoring up the hill past Home Farm, I was on the cycle path coughing and spluttering
    my insides up after swallowing some insect or other, caught up at Whitehall lights and said hello.
    Fair play he's pretty quick!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

Thanks - this is the only semi-climb on my commute that I can use for some training :) I'm pretty sure we have went through some invisible swarm of midges or something, I breathed one in deeply and was coughing for the next half an hour! Another one went in the eye... :(

hueylewis wrote: »
    I may have seen 3 today, or 2 at least. Was just catching up to one around 2pm on Whitechurch Rd, turning left onto College Road (towards the rear entrance to Marlay) - I was heading straight on. Then I think I met two, probably closer to 3pm, about 20 seconds apart heading past Pine Forest towards Tibradden Wood/Cruagh, I was heading the opposite way towards Johnny Fox's.

I was probably the first and maybe one of the second. Went from Ballyboden - Whitechurch - Burrow road - Foxes - Pine forest - Cruagh and back, starting at about 2pm finishing back at 3pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭NeedMoreGears

New jersey at the bottom of pinnock hill heading south at 1330 today. Couldn't shout as i was in a taxi

• Registered Users Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭sullzz

Saw a lad wearing a green jersey with sky shorts on a yellow and black giant coming tiwards donnybrook at about 1 o clock today , I gave a shout out the window as I was passing , I think you heard , you gave a thumbs up .

• Registered Users Posts: 9,176 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

sullzz wrote: »
    Saw a lad wearing a green jersey with sky shorts on a yellow and black giant coming tiwards donnybrook at about 1 o clock today , I gave a shout out the window as I was passing , I think you heard , you gave a thumbs up .
    That was me, heard you no problem :)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,987 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

New jersey at the bottom of pinnock hill heading south at 1330 today. Couldn't shout as i was in a taxi
    I was on Pinnock Hill heading south at about 2pm today but was in the first edition pink.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭Hani Kosti

Full pink kit seen going from Rathgar to Terenure around 5:50pm... I shouted "Hi Boardsie" when you overtook me (light blue top and red buff)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Hunterbiker

Hani Kosti wrote: »
    Full pink kit seen going from Rathgar to Terenure around 5:50pm... I shouted "Hi Boardsie" when you overtook me (light blue top and red buff)
    I remember seeing the red buff! I heard a shout but wasn't sure.
    ---- waves!---
    :)

Pink jersey going down Taylors lane just after 7pm last night. Was about to shout but my daughter's new puppy was trying to make a break for freedom, so had to leg it after them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

smacl wrote: »
    Pink jersey going down Taylors lane just after 7pm last night. Was about to shout but my daughter's new puppy was trying to make a break for freedom, so had to leg it after them.

Might have been myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,122 ✭✭✭daragh_

Green Jersey heading south along the Rock Road this morning around 8.45.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Skrynesaver

daragh_ wrote: »
    Green Jersey heading south along the Rock Road this morning around 8.45.

May have been me, though I ducked into Blackrock park @ Booterstown, on a Felt w. one orange tyre?

May have been me, though I ducked into Blackrock park @ Booterstown, on a Felt w. one orange tyre?

Didn't clock the bike. Pre Coffee :D

You were stopped at the lights just before the Bird Sanctuary.

Well I did get caught at the lights there and got into the office bang on 9, so probably me...

Good morning, hope you got some coffee into you ;)

Will wave the next time :-) Fully caffeinated by 9.30!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭NeedMoreGears

I was on Pinnock Hill heading south at about 2pm today but was in the first edition pink.
    Hey you get spotted enough without trying to nick someone else's sighting! :D

(Pretty sure it was a green top)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,787 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Full green kit on the junction of Macken St. and Pearse St. You had one of those HUMP bag covers on your back. You were parallel then passed me (I was going the other way) before I copped so no hello from me. Just5:30 or so?

CramCycle wrote: »
    Full green kit on the junction of Macken St. and Pearse St. You had one of those HUMP bag covers on your back. You were parallel then passed me (I was going the other way) before I copped so no hello from me. Just5:30 or so?

Me again... Hi

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

That illogical fella dermot spotted I think just now at Hatch St / Earlsfort Tce junction.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭funkyjebus

Spotted a green jersey last night on the Rathoath Road just before the railway crossing. Gave a shout from the car.

Advertisement