Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Jersey Sightings

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

Spotted a bastard-ized new old top with the beautiful new shorts on detones this morning. Well he was in the group I was with.
    And people I think we have our own Boards version of Cipo ( or would that be the new Dirk Voodoo!!!!) In detones when he once again admitted that it just looks superb on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭detones

bcmf wrote: »
    Spotted a bastard-ized new old top with the beautiful new shorts on detones this morning. Well he was in the group I was with.
    And people I think we have our own Boards version of Cipo ( or would that be the new Dirk Voodoo!!!!) In detones when he once again admitted that it just looks superb on him.

I'll try "dress down" next spin, I can tell you find my rugged North County Looks intimidating. Though when you look like I do it's hard not to look good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭Ole Rodrigo

Passed a new Jersey on the Lucan end of Strawberry beds yesterday at around 1415 let a roar of 'Boardsie' but I think you were wearing headphones and remained oblivious.

Was also wearing the new jersey and mourn the loss of an ''I loved you in Wall Street!'' moment.

Lol.. that was me. I tried to shout back but I had a few cars up my arse dying to get past and with a few chunks missing from the road I just managed a ' brrrddddsie ' but it was too late.

Looking good though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

detones wrote: »
    I'll try "dress down" next spin, I can tell you find my rugged North County Looks amusing. Though when you look like I do it's hard not to look good.
    Indeed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭The Noble Nudge

zindicato wrote: »
    saw dr.groove in the phoenix park this morning wearing the old brown jersey:-)

Zindicato was that you in Bray with the lads having a tea break:confused:
    Made the spin all the more enjoyable having a laugh with you and the lads Saturday:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭zindicato

Zindicato was that you in Bray with the lads having a tea break:confused:
    Made the spin all the more enjoyable having a laugh with you and the lads Saturday:D
    That was me alright nice to meet you how did you get on with your spin had to cut mine short the missus was threatening divorce cos i was out too long so had to head back home:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭Bloggsie

Passed on my way home by 3 guys yesterday, 2 on road bikes 1 on a hybrid(in a pink hi-viz bib) on the leixlip to maynooth road at the back of Carton House. One of the guys on the road bikes wearing a boards jersey, i was tired after my spin but managed to drag my weary ass up to near enough the back wheel of the hi-viz guy for a couple of km before they turned into Carton, thanks for the lift lads.
    #banjaxed after no cycling for nearly 8 weeks.

That was me alright nice to meet you how did you get on with your spin had to cut mine short the missus was threatening divorce cos i was out too long so had to head back home:D

:D turn the phone off saves the battery ;D
    A bit longer than anticipated but looks good in Strava.....
    https://www.strava.com/activities/168165005

:D turn the phone off saves the battery ;D
    A bit longer than anticipated but looks good in Strava.....
    https://www.strava.com/activities/168165005

ahhhh will do that the next time or the phone wasnt charged last night nice route you did there btw:cool: take care see ya soon (you'll probably bump into us in waterford ):D

ahhhh will do that the next time or the phone wasnt charged last night nice route you did there btw:cool: take care see ya soon (you'll probably bump into us in waterford ):D

What distance did you finish at?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Doctor Bob

Meant to post this one sooner...

Saturday afternoon, 1:45 pm, on the Grand Canal at Portobello between Locks and The Table. You were heading west, I was heading east with my OH (dolled up for a trip to the theatre) on the back carrier.

Funnily enough, as you were approaching I wondered if the black jersey was a Boards one and was staring pretty closely, but I didn't recognise any logo or pink or green flashes. Then just after we passed each other, I realised the little white blob on the jersey was the jaunty Boards logo, but by then it was too late to say Hi. So, Hi.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Rogue-Trooper

Gave a shout out to a pink-sporting Boardsie just after the level crossing in Baldoyle yesterday evening around 7ish. Think it may have been cdaly?

What distance did you finish at?

210.4 km on strava but its nearer 213km as usual you have to stop it at a few kms away from home so that your location couldnt be traced really:D

why, are the men in the white coats coming after you?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Gave a shout out to a pink-sporting Boardsie just after the level crossing in Baldoyle yesterday evening around 7ish. Think it may have been cdaly?
    Possibly so. Had me ears full of heavy metal so may not have heard...

Bloggsie wrote: »
    why, are the men in the white coats coming after you?

worse than that robbers, got broken into twice before last one was last year just moved into this rented place, guys who did it knew what they were doing, both my neighbours( left/right) were away for holidays empty houses but they choose our place instead. two road bikes stolen plus everything that they could get hold off and cash:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 24,987 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

210.4 km on strava but its nearer 213km as usual you have to stop it at a few kms away from home so that your location couldnt be traced really:D
    Why don't you use the privacy zone facility on Strava?

Why don't you use the privacy zone facility on Strava?

Thanks for that im not really that computer confident :oafter reading your post googled it and ill do it later on :cool:
    :)

worse than that robbers, got broken into twice before last one was last year just moved into this rented place, guys who did it knew what they were doing, both my neighbours( left/right) were away for holidays empty houses but they choose our place instead. two road bikes stolen plus everything that they could get hold off and cash:mad:
    ahh sh1te, sorry to hear that. I can appreciate why you turn it off now. I'll have to look into the privacy zone thing too.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭_DMac_

Lime green kit on road bike coming out of Phoenix park beside the courts at 7:50am went up towards the quays when ya got the lights.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Skrynesaver

_DMac_ wrote: »
    Lime green kit on road bike coming out of Phoenix park beside the courts at 7:50am went up towards the quays when ya got the lights.

May have been me, Hi-Vis HUMP backpack cover ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Hunterbiker

Was that you I saw at the bottom of Lower Mount Street heading towards the canal? I was in a Boards Pink Kit but my backpack keeps it stealthy!

Blue helmet?

Blue helmet

Was that you I saw at the bottom of Lower Mount Street heading towards the canal? I was in a Boards Pink Kit but my backpack keeps it stealthy!

I did pass that way

Blue helmet

'Twas yourself indeed so :) bonjourno!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

Saw someone at the junction by Fairview, heading up the Malahide road yesterday morning at about 9.30

Fairly peddlin' it they were!

two fellow boardsies there today one i saw on the finish line and one on the road and food stop ( not sure bout the nick but he said Doc when we got chatting during the food break. both wearing older pink kit.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭TonyStark

Gave a shoutout to a Boards.ie today on a climb on the Heritage Tour... Got a shout out early on myself from a chap in Team Sky Shorts for my Boards.ie Shorts :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭lukegjpotter

I got a very nice tow for the first 12km of the 100km Tour of Meath today by a Boardsie, wearing the kit with the green logos, he was riding a Black and Orange Felt bike.

Advertisement