Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Jersey Sightings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭zindicato

TonyStark wrote: »
    Gave a shoutout to a Boards.ie today on a climb on the Heritage Tour... Got a shout out early on myself from a chap in Team Sky Shorts for my Boards.ie Shorts :-)

new kit or old kit?

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭TonyStark

zindicato wrote: »
    new kit or old kit?

Lime green (I think)..they had just dismounted for a second... very bunched on the climbs at the start.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Doc07

two fellow boardsies there today one i saw on the finish line and one on the road and food stop ( not sure bout the nick but he said Doc when we got chatting during the food break. both wearing older pink kit.

Hi Zindicato, nice tonsay hello at the food stop. Hope you enjoyed the day, I think we finished around the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Doc07

TonyStark wrote: »
    Gave a shoutout to a Boards.ie today on a climb on the Heritage Tour... Got a shout out early on myself from a chap in Team Sky Shorts for my Boards.ie Shorts :-)

that was me, i was pretending not to struggle.
    Think I saw 3 Boards jerseys today, not including my own.

Doc07 wrote: »
    Hi Zindicato, nice tonsay hello at the food stop. Hope you enjoyed the day, I think we finished around the same time.

nice to meet you too man yeah was back in trim around 2;36 great day alright they changed the route this year which really made it more enjoyable except for some dodgy roads on the way back after the foodstop

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,330 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Doc07 wrote: »
    that was me, i was pretending not to struggle.
    Think I saw 3 Boards jerseys today, not including my own.

Think I may have given you a shout too on the hill. (Orange Trek)

Gave a shout out to a couple (I assume) a bit before the first hill, just as we turning onto it. They were both on Planet X bikes, wearing the pink and lime kits.

Left my jersey in the car

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭Hani Kosti

That might have been me (green top) and Grassey (pink top)... wait, that was us!!!☺
    Hello to all the Boardsies again, great to see you all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Skrynesaver

I got a very nice tow for the first 12km of the 100km Tour of Meath today by a Boardsie, wearing the kit with the green logos, he was riding a Black and Orange Felt bike.

That sounds a bit like me, 'twas awkward coming through from the back, didn't really spread out until Skryne.

Eventually caught up with the lads after Slane

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Skrynesaver

Saw 2 boardsies , one of either gender, the lass I saw before the off and again on the Trim/Dublin road, the lad on the stretch up to Bective

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

convert wrote: »
    Saw someone at the junction by Fairview, heading up the Malahide road yesterday morning at about 9.30

Fairly peddlin' it they were!

Could have been me racing to catch the clock...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭camroc76

To the pink top boardsie on the Hill of Tara climb, thanks for the shout !

Another few to mention, green and pink top who zipped past us after the water stop...you guy were fairly pacey !!!..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

camroc76 wrote: »
    To the pink top boardsie on the Hill of Tara climb, thanks for the shout!

Another few to mention, green and pink top who zipped past us after the water stop...you guy were fairly pacey !!!..

That was probably me (pink) and Hani after the waterstop, 1st day on the new saddle = cycle faster to end the pain quicker....

Did give a shout out to a green boardsie on the Hill climb too, was rushing up it to overtake the green van! So not sure if that was me either 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭Hmmzis

Original jersey this morning at 7:57 between Harolds cross and Terenure heading South.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭Ole Rodrigo

Hmmzis wrote: »
    Original jersey this morning at 7:57 between Harolds cross and Terenure heading South.

Think that was me. Howiya :)

old green jersey yesterday on the canal going past dolphins barn there around 8pm or so

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

old green jersey yesterday on the canal going past dolphins barn there around 8pm or so

That may have been me - I was heading to the Phoenix park for a couple of laps. Riding a white Ridley.

http://www.strava.com/activities/172227860

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭brownian

Met a friendly boardsie down in Aughrim on Saturday; having a coffee at the (recommended) Stonecutter cafe, with the wife (me, and my wife, not him and my wife). So, shout out to whoever you are!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,987 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Full green kit spotted at Whitestown Cemetery, Rush tonight at 8.30pm. Apologies for not giving you a shout. I was on the commute home and deep in thought about a work related problem and the penny only dropped when you had passed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dermot Illogical

Green shorts heading towards Santry from Whitehall @ 5.30pm or so yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Zebrano

Seen a chap yesterday evening on the road from cork to clonakilty. Full green kit. Looked like you were giving it loads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭g0g

Passed someone in full pink kit near Stepaside sometime between 8 and 9 this morning. I was in New kit but jacket over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Officer Giggles

Green jersey in Castlebar yesterday morning, the missus bottled out of shouting out the window as we were passing

Saw two on my spin this morning. One in the new kit coming from the Village side of Howth on the way down towards Sutton. I gave a shout and got one back.

Then another in the pink jersey between Portmarnock and Howth. Gave and got again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭NeedMoreGears

Second May have been myself. Lovely day for a coffee outside the king sitric

Second May have been myself. Lovely day for a coffee outside the king sitric

You were with another non boards jersey? I may have looked as I was suffering

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭dogsears

Zebrano wrote: »
    Seen a chap yesterday evening on the road from cork to clonakilty. Full green kit. Looked like you were giving it loads.

That was meself I'd say. Heading for a booze up in Clon!

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Zebrano

dogsears wrote: »
    That was meself I'd say. Heading for a booze up in Clon!

Nice

• Registered Users Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭sullzz

Saw a green jersey earlier , you were heading up military rd. I was coming downhill , you were with 2 or 3 others one was in a Orwell jersey I think , I went past too quick to give a shout , I was in a new full kit , it was around mid day .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

New jersey spotted passing the summit inn earlier (Team sky shorts), I was in the driveway on the other side of the road at the road, was going to say hey but you turned off to go up to the summit where as I was going down!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,176 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Zyzz wrote: »
    New jersey spotted passing the summit inn earlier (Team sky shorts), I was in the driveway on the other side of the road at the road, was going to say hey but you turned off to go up to the summit where as I was going down!
    That was me. Those shorts seem to get me spotted. I do have other shorts (honest!), and I do wear boards jerseys with them, but I don't get spotted as much :pac:

The carpark at the summit was packed. I've never seen so many cars up there before.

Advertisement