Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Jersey Sightings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭dreamerb

Wizardej wrote: »
    Yep think that was me! Was speeding off to work. Were you at the bridge where the path ends?

Yes, on the bridge, heading north. Wearing black coat over black dress, very un-boards-identifiable!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,987 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

dreamerb wrote: »
    ......Wearing black coat over black dress, very un-boards-identifiable!
    For a second there I thought we had a cross-dressing Boardsie in our midst .....then the penny dropped! :o:)

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Tomred13

yeah.. at last

i was a jersey spotting virgin up to this evening, had never seen one in the wild ( usually spot them at sportives etc.)
    Saw a Gentleman ( in pink/black boardsie top) on a lovely black cannondale cx along the north quays as i was stuck in traffic...Thank you sir for taking my cherry..

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

Tomred13 wrote: »
    yeah.. at last

i was a jersey spotting virgin up to this evening, had never seen one in the wild ( usually spot them at sportives etc.)
    Saw a Gentleman ( in pink/black boardsie top) on a lovely black cannondale cx along the north quays as i was stuck in traffic...Thank you sir for taking my cherry..

That would have been Daragh; on his way to lead me into cx peril in the Phoenix park

• Registered Users Posts: 3,122 ✭✭✭daragh_

colm18 wrote: »
    That would have been Daragh; on his way to lead me into cx peril in the Phoenix park

guilty on both counts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Tomred13

daragh_ wrote: »
    guilty on both counts

loved your cannondale..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,122 ✭✭✭daragh_

Tomred13 wrote: »
    loved your cannondale..

Cheers. Just got it and looking forward to trying it out in a few CX races.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Mercian Pro

Pink jersey spotted a few times on the Rebel Tour. Was not in Boards gear myself so maybe that's why there was no reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dermot Illogical

I saw a boards jersey at Barrack Bridge, Malahide as I cycled in the opposite direction to that big cycle event thingy this morning. Someone gave me a shout along the same stretch but couldn't make out who it was in the crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Skrynesaver

Spotted an old school orange on purple jersey on the Gread Dublin bike ride this morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

I saw a boards jersey at Barrack Bridge, Malahide as I cycled in the opposite direction to that big cycle event thingy this morning. Someone gave me a shout along the same stretch but couldn't make out who it was in the crowd.

Red arm warmers and the current kit? Might have been me.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭fillup

Might have been me - new kit SS but wearing black arm warmers.

I was wondering were u were going against the flow of traffic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

Spotted an old school orange on purple jersey on the Gread Dublin bike ride this morning.

Might have been the same one I spotted? He told me it was the First edition.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dermot Illogical

Red arm warmers and the current kit? Might have been me.

Not sure, just caught a glimpse of the jersey in the crowd.
    fillup wrote: »
    Might have been me - new kit SS but wearing black arm warmers.

I was wondering were u were going against the flow of traffic.

Heading to work, unfortunately. Looked to be a very big crowd on that cycle, and a huge amount of mechanicals/punctures.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

Alek wrote: »
    Spotted 3 jerseys in the Great Dublin Bike Ride photos. 639 images browsed!... God, my facial recognition is broken, I think I'll call everybody "Dave" for today.

So, there's Dave:

and two others:

https://scontent-fra3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/t31.0-8/12015233_662708540531008_6632818651404149491_o.jpg

I am that "Dave" gingerly negotiating the wet n slippy cobblestones.
    Any chance of getting the original?
    Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

Any chance of getting the original?

Ask GDBR facebook page :)

Alek wrote: »
    Ask GDBR facebook page :)

cheers - will do

• Registered Users Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭nilhg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I spotted a pink kit this morning at 8:30. Stopped at the lights heading west on Griffith Avenue at the Drumcondra Road junction. I shouted out but not sure if you heard me over the traffic noise.

I was heading north on Drumcondra Rd (also stopped) but the new kit is not as easy to spot.......

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

crosstownk wrote: »
    I spotted a pink kit this morning at 8:30. Stopped at the lights heading west on Griffith Avenue at the Drumcondra Road junction. I shouted out but not sure if you heard me over the traffic noise.

I was heading north on Drumcondra Rd (also stopped) but the new kit is not as easy to spot.......

T'was I. Never mind the traffic noise, had my ears full of music. Was great fun passing all of the traffic queues...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

I think the first "Dave" is Rollingscone but may be mistaken??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

crosstownk wrote: »

Spotted your good self after St. Patricks Street, heading home yesterday, while I was stuck in traffic heading into town on the other side of the road.

You had that black boards.ie jersey on with the verticle stripes.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Spotted your good self after St. Patricks Street, heading home yesterday, while I was stuck in traffic heading into town on the other side of the road.

You had that black boards.ie jersey on with the verticle stripes.

Yep - that would have been me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭Hmmzis

Pink jersey spotted on Nutgrove avenue this morning at 8:14 heading east.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

CDaly, along the coast, pointing out potholes to me whilst I'm 50 yards behind him. ;)
    A very nice man!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

I was just waiting for the moment when you would whizz by and go off up the road at 50kph like you did the other day.

Also, awesome socks...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Saw Seamus I believe at 08:50 turning from Mt Merrion Ave onto the Frascati road...

...in baggy pants???

Shame on you sir, shame on you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭mcgratheoin

Pink jersey spotted a few times on the Rebel Tour. Was not in Boards gear myself so maybe that's why there was no reply.

Met a guy in a pink Boards gilet (probably same person) but he said he hasn't been on here in years. He seemed a little confused at the whole "Hi boardsie" thing... :D

Advertisement