Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Jersey Sightings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    Saw Seamus I believe at 08:50 turning from Mt Merrion Ave onto the Frascati road...

...in baggy pants???

Shame on you sir, shame on you.
    Thought I spotted you alright through my post-All-Ireland hangover.

They're my commuting pants, I have no shame :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Bikerbhoy

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    I think the first "Dave" is Rollingscone but may be mistaken??

Yes Dirk you are indeed correct . . . that is Rollingscone

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

Bikerbhoy wrote: »
    Yes Dirk you are indeed correct . . . that is Rollingscone

Tragically encapsulating my username very tidily indeed. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Rogue-Trooper

Pink Boards shorts with blue jacket & green backpack spotted leaving the Sutton cycle path heading towards Kilbarrack Road around 6ish earlier.

Particularly impressed with the accessorising of the socks which were pink and white stripes to compliment the shorts!

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Garthvader

Alek wrote: »
    Spotted 3 jerseys in the Great Dublin Bike Ride photos. 639 images browsed!... God, my facial recognition is broken, I think I'll call everybody "Dave" for today.

So, there's Dave:

That's onmebike, I believe, in the last one...
    With yours truly in the background !! 😄

It won't let me quite the pic as I'm too much of a noob..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭mjsc1970

Spotted a boardsie with green writing. On a Giant on Amiens St just after 5 heading North. Nice day for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,122 ✭✭✭daragh_

Seamus and his commuting pants - Blackrock this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Hunterbiker

New style shorts negotiating the bus gate and heading past trinity towards Dame Street area at 8:20ish this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭rob w

mjsc1970 wrote: »
    Spotted a boardsie with green writing. On a Giant on Amiens St just after 5 heading North. Nice day for it.

Probably myself! Long may the nice days last!

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭devonp

New style shorts negotiating the bus gate and heading past trinity towards Dame Street area at 8:20ish this morning

if that was around 9.30 ish (typo?) could have been myself
    ..what bike ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭Bloggsie

saw a guy on a Giant in a black top outside Maynooth cycles yesterday around 6ish

• Registered Users Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭sullzz

Bloggsie wrote: »
    saw a guy on a Giant in a black top outside Maynooth cycles yesterday around 6ish

That would have been me , I was wearing the green kit , but I was on a Cervelo not a Giant , I was with a lad on a Giant , he was wearing Usher club kit .

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,391 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Is there an old design that's mainly navy? About 5:10 yesterday, Stillorgan direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,987 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Is there an old design that's mainly navy? About 5:10 yesterday, Stillorgan direction.
    Yes, the original jersey is mainly navy with a bit of grey and orange writing.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Got a wave from someone in a light blue top on the N11 at Foster's Ave this morning. Could only manage a nod in return.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,976 ✭✭✭Plastik

Bray main st today about 12. No idea what version it was as there are so many out there now, but it wasn't the first or second!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Plastik wrote: »
    Bray main st today about 12. No idea what version it was as there are so many out there now, but it wasn't the first or second!

This might have been me.

I was in Bray heading north back to Dublin around 12 today in the new kit - black with pink/green/white vertical stripes.

I also got a 'Boardsie' shout on Templeville Road at St. Mary's Rugby Club from a lad in Orwell Kit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,976 ✭✭✭Plastik

Sounds about right. Northbound with Boards.ie across the shoulders.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Plastik wrote: »
    Sounds about right. Northbound with Boards.ie across the shoulders.

Guilty as charged!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Skrynesaver

Spotted a pink Boards jersey yesterday morning at Jullianstown heading south, lovely morning for it...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭traprunner

I still haven't spotted any. Is it weird that I had a dream at the weekend about making a spot?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭De Bhál

spotted on the Clonskeagh road out from Ranelagh this morning, black Boards.ie Verge shorts green trim. Blue rain jacket. Pannier on drive side.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭drogdub

Spotted a pink Boards jersey yesterday morning at Jullianstown heading south, lovely morning for it...

Probably myself. Yes lovely morning, might be last for a while

Pink kit going up Stocking Lane just before 1 pm.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Pink kit going up Stocking Lane just before 1 pm.

Myself, sneaking off for an early lunch time spin.

smacl wrote: »
    Myself, sneaking off for an early lunch time spin.
    Thought it was yourself alright as there's not too many that get the chance to head for the hills during a lunchbreak! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭MrSkinny

Spotted a blue(?) jersey this morning at about 8:40, Mount Merrion Avenue junction with Cross Avenue heading towards Blackrock at quite a clip. My first sighting!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Saw what I think was a boards jersey (just saw the bands on the sleeve) on the N11 outbound at about 5:20 today

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

MrSkinny wrote: »
    Spotted a blue(?) jersey this morning at about 8:40, Mount Merrion Avenue junction with Cross Avenue heading towards Blackrock at quite a clip. My first sighting!

There is no blue jersey I don think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,766 ✭✭✭cython

godtabh wrote: »
    There is no blue jersey I don think

I'd say the original old-school kit (with the orange designs) could probably be classed as being bluish:
    DSC_0112.jpg

Advertisement