Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Jersey Sightings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭MrSkinny

cython wrote: »
    I'd say the original old-school kit (with the orange designs) could probably be classed as being bluish:

That was probably it. I only focused on the jersey at the last moment but the writing across the chest was very clear.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I'd say the original old-school kit (with the orange designs) could probably be classed as being bluish:
    DSC_0112.jpg

I think thats refered to as the orange one. Jaysus I'm awful pedantic in the morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭NeedMoreGears

Pink jersey. 1608hrs in blessing ton heading south. Was in the car heading north so didn't shout. Smacl?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Pink jersey. 1608hrs in blessing ton heading south. Was in the car heading north so didn't shout. Smacl?

Fair play, was indeed me dithering on selecting a route home.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

smacl wrote: »
    Fair play, was indeed me dithering on selecting a route home.
    Hah, same one, I spotted you about 5km outside of Blessington. Road was pretty busy so I didn't want to fire off a random beep.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,122 ✭✭✭daragh_

Green Kit heading up to Sally Gap from Glencree Saturday morning - around 10:3ish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭ezra_

Pink kit heading down fosters at 7.55.

Same person a few minutes later heading down off the N11 towards Blackrock - really moving it!

ezra_ wrote: »
    Pink kit heading down fosters at 7.55.

Same person a few minutes later heading down off the N11 towards Blackrock - really moving it!
    I was trying very hard to get warm. Not a morning for the short fingered gloves.

Also, I had to be in work by 8am.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Black kit around lunch time today, junction of the Nass Road and the turn off to Baldonnel.. I couldn't give you a boardsie shut as I was parked up in an army vehicle.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,987 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Black kit around lunch time today, junction of the Nass Road and the turn off to Baldonnel.. I couldn't give you a boardsie shut as I was parked up in an army vehicle.
    That would have been myself! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

Spotted at 8:45ish at Mount Anville

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

Green Jersey headed North at the Bleeding Horse around 08:40.

Managed a last minute "Boardsie!" as I passed in the Contra Flow lane.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭Hani Kosti

Green Jersey headed North at the Bleeding Horse around 08:40.

Managed a last minute "Boardsie!" as I passed in the Contra Flow lane.

Hello there!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,766 ✭✭✭cython

Boardsie spotted northbound at the junction of Earlsfort Tce and SSG at about 08:27 this morning. Either green or pink kit, wasn't sure through my yellow glasses to be honest! I was heading the other way towards Hatch Street on an orange trek, having just crabbed through from SSG on the amber of the pedestrian lights, seeing as the light sequence doesn't recognise cyclists coming that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭Hani Kosti

Boardsie spotted northbound at the junction of Earlsfort Tce and SSG at about 08:27 this morning. Either green or pink kit, wasn't sure through my yellow glasses to be honest! I was heading the other way towards Hatch Street on an orange trek, having just crabbed through from SSG on the amber of the pedestrian lights, seeing as the light sequence doesn't recognise cyclists coming that way.

Think that was me again (green kit)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

Was it a pink boards jersey I've spotted yesterday, or something similar?

365659.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Rogue-Trooper

Alek wrote: »
    Was it a pink boards jersey I've spotted yesterday, or something similar?

That would be me - yes, the pink jersey and the newer stripey shorts. Well spotted - the straps on my backpack mostly obscure the big Boards logo on the front!

Was I really going that slow that you had time to see me, stop, get out your camera & take a pic?!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

Ha! I said something like "hello boardsssss....." as I began doubting if I'm really seeing this kit ;)

You were going pretty fast, but not fast enough to escape my onboard CCTV :P

Boardsie (who's name I forget) - Pink Kit on the Rock Road this morning heading towards Merrion Gates.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Hunterbiker

Original design shorts on the North Quays this morning about 8:15 today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭MB Lacey

This morning from lights at canal through Ranelagh, up towards Clonskeagh.
    Green Boardsie Verge shorts, poss green boardsie cap under helmet, black Ridley bike with disc brakes, yellow pannier bag on right side, listening to earphones, stopped at every red light - unclipped with right foot (I always find that unusual), had mudguards so I didn't get any dirt in my eyes drafting him up Clonskeagh hill before I turned into UCD ;)

This morning on Roebuck Road. Green Jersey and White Shorts - no leg or arm warmers - ignoring the fact that it's nearly November. I salute your bravery Sir.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Garzard

Green jersey last night on the junction on the way out of Butterfield Avenue. Around 6:45pm IIRC.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭NamelessPhil

Old blue/orange jersey on Whitechurch Road at 1pm on Friday riding a mountain bike. I gave a shout of "Hey Boardsie!" I was doing the school run.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭traprunner

I think I had my first sighting in howth about 5 minutes ago. Looked like a boards cap. Not certain though.

Pretty sure I spotted someone in original kit on the Ballyroan Rd this morning @ 9am.

I was the guy in Orwell kit who pulled out in front of you a little bit late. Mea Culpa :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

daragh_ wrote: »
    This morning on Roebuck Road. Green Jersey and White Shorts - no leg or arm warmers - ignoring the fact that it's nearly November. I salute your bravery Sir.

Maybe me. I pass through the Clonskeagh/ Roebuck Road junction but don't turn onto Roebuck road itself and that's exactly what I was wearing. It's warm enough going uphill to Leopardstown :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I spotted a Boardsie coming down Taylors Lane today just after 12pm today in the original kit. I gave you a shout but not sure that you heard me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,424 ✭✭✭joey100

Pink jersey spotted yesterday, climbing out from Balbriggan towards Stephenstown and the Naul.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭del_boy13

MB Lacey wrote: »
    This morning from lights at canal through Ranelagh, up towards Clonskeagh.
    Green Boardsie Verge shorts, poss green boardsie cap under helmet, black Ridley bike with disc brakes, yellow pannier bag on right side, listening to earphones, stopped at every red light - unclipped with right foot (I always find that unusual), had mudguards so I didn't get any dirt in my eyes drafting him up Clonskeagh hill before I turned into UCD ;)

That would be me. No earphones in this morning though had glasses on backwards so might have looked like headphones.

Left footed / right handed so I always go to the right. Glad you appreciated the mudguards.

Advertisement