Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Jersey Sightings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭drogdub

joey100 wrote: »
    Pink jersey spotted yesterday, climbing out from Balbriggan towards Stephenstown and the Naul.

Might have been me. I had a black gilet over it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭ezra_

Lime green boards jersey heading down towards blackrock from the N11.

I was shepherding the car (old, dirty merc) so you weren't getting a face-full of diesel!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭mcgratheoin

Lime green shorts & leggings with a black Castelli top between Phoenix Park & O'Connell Bridge this morning. Trek with orange pannier - I would have said hi but I was too embarrassed after pulling in front of him without signalling :o

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭mjsc1970

8.20'ish this a.m. thru drumcondra, you were in black boards kit, too fast for me to catch you in traffic on my motorbike to give you the nod

• Registered Users Posts: 24,987 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

mjsc1970 wrote: »
    8.20'ish this a.m. thru drumcondra, you were in black boards kit, too fast for me to catch you in traffic on my motorbike to give you the nod
    Probably myself - pink/green striped kit on a red Ridley with black backpack?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭mjsc1970

Probably myself - pink/green striped kit on a red Ridley with black backpack?

The very one

Yesterday morning circa. 10am. Original jersey spotted on...............lets just say Dublin 2 and I'll save your blushes as you were going against the traffic on a one way street. You passed right by me on a fixie/single speed. I was in the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Rojo

Spotted a very wet fella in shorts and t-shirts heading to Central Park today... I was on the surly with the green ortliebs!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

Rojo wrote: »
    Spotted a very wet fella in shorts and t-shirts heading to Central Park today... I was on the surly with the green ortliebs!

Green shorts and jersey? That'd be me. I was wet but warm and enjoying it :) The down-hill route home may be a bit chillier :(

I had to Google 'Central Park' to ensure we hadn't a sighting in NYC! :)

(Never heard of it until now - that is the Dublin Central Park).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

I had to Google 'Central Park' to ensure we hadn't a sighting in NYC! :)

(Never heard of it until now - that is the Dublin Central Park).

It's ironic quite how un-central "Central" Park actually is...

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Rojo

quozl wrote: »
    It's ironic quite how un-central "Central" Park actually is...

Yeah, not Central at all!! Ha!!

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭BremoreDave

Hi to the boardsie on the Louth tour this morning.From the photo thread I think it was Mercian Pro. I didn't get a chance to say hi as I was behind you coming out of Ardee and died on that climb.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Mercian Pro

Hi to the boardsie on the Louth tour this morning.From the photo thread I think it was Mercian Pro. I didn't get a chance to say hi as I was behind you coming out of Ardee and died on that climb.

Guilty as charged. The jersey was well covered (about two layers down) but the new bib tights got their first outing and I got my first posting here. Lost touch with the front group who barely slowed on that climb and by the time I finished a "nature call", they were well out of sight. Made my own way back to Drogheda on the Collon Road and met a few more Boardsies at the finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭koutoubia

Yeah you met me coming out of the coffee station!
    I introduced myself as bcmf but that was me in a previous iincarnation.

Mercian Pro sporting the new green/pink winter kit on the group ride swim this morning. :)

Great to meet up again WA. There is no way I would have headed out on my own in that weather so joining Swords CC must be a good decision???!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Saw some one in full kit in the Gallops, D18 around 8:30 this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

Hello WA :)

Alek wrote: »
    Hello WA :)
    Hello Alek. I thought it might be you. It's been a while! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭whodafunk

Spotted a white dolan pre cursa (or at least I think so!) black full mudguards and brakes front and back near the Bull Wall cycle track today. Absolute beauty. Anyone on here?

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Alexzont

whodafunk wrote: »
    Spotted a white dolan pre cursa (or at least I think so!) black full mudguards and brakes front and back near the Bull Wall cycle track today. Absolute beauty. Anyone on here?

Wearing an orange jacket? That was me.

Didn't have my boards jersey on however :)

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭whodafunk

Alexzont wrote: »
    Wearing an orange jacket? That was me.

Didn't have my boards jersey on however :)

Yes - that must be you :) Beautiful bike. Have you any further spec/pics on it and how difficult was it to fit the brakes/mudguards?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 9,175 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Green boardsie crossing from the Samuel Beckett Bridge to Guild St. at 14:10 today. I would've shouted, but I didn't want the late crossing pedestrian to think I was shouting at him :o

Green boardsie crossing from the Samuel Beckett Bridge to Guild St. at 14:10 today. I would've shouted, but I didn't want the late crossing pedestrian to think I was shouting at him :o

Could this be the same Boardsie that I saw later on the Ratoath Road near Dunsink? Shouted (feebly and too late). I was in full Boards gear but it was under several other layers (red jacket, black gilet) trying to keep warm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Garzard

Got a shout from someone around 12:30 today at the Featherbeds. Gave ya a wave back.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Konkers

Garzard wrote: »
    Got a shout from someone around 12:30 today at the Featherbeds. Gave ya a wave back.

That was me. I hope you descended with the jersey on .......... I wondered who was the Brave man out with the jersey and a baselayer.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

Met Rollingscone (rocking the full new kit) at Harolds cross and had an aul chinwag. Nice to finally meet you in real life!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

colm18 wrote: »
    Met Rollingscone (rocking the full new kit) at Harolds cross and had an aul chinwag. Nice to finally meet you in real life!

Likewise. I wish I'd heeded your warning in respect of that godawful (not that strong but unrelenting) headwind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,766 ✭✭✭cython

Boardsie spotted in the current jersey on the bridge in Chapelizod at about 4pm yesterday headed towards Dublin, I was driving in the other direction

Advertisement