Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Jersey Sightings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭brianomc

cython wrote: »
    Boardsie spotted in the current jersey on the bridge in Chapelizod at about 4pm yesterday headed towards Dublin, I was driving in the other direction

Sounds like me, silver Giant bike. It's my first confirmed sighting by the sounds of it. I've been hooted at by cars a few times wearing it but that could be for anything really :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Saw an original boards jersey last week on Blackglen road. Took me too long to clock it...had that moment where I was looking thinking ''I know that jersey..."

• Registered Users Posts: 24,987 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Full pink/green kit on Balheary Road, Swords at about 9.10am today. I was with the McNSCC beginner's group you were passing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,766 ✭✭✭cython

2 (or 3 if you count Orion's shorts on the club spin today :)) in 24 hours for me now, with a bearded boardsie in original jersey (orange writing) heading west on the road between Confey and the top of Laraghon. I was going the other direction on an orange trek with a high vis and purple sleeved jersey.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭fillup

Full pink/green kit on Balheary Road, Swords at about 9.10am today. I was with the McNSCC beginner's group you were passing.

We meet again Mr Ash - we last met at the top of the Wicklow Gap during last year's Wicklow 200.

• Advertisement

fillup wrote: »
    We meet again Mr Ash - we last met at the top of the Wicklow Gap during last year's Wicklow 200.
    Indeed. I only copped you when you were well passed, hence no shout. Were you with the Smart Lamp Group this morning or did you just happened to be close to them?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

Spotted a pink jersey yesterday passing UCD, very aero! Although watch yourself passing the bus stop at those speeds, people are awfully daft wandering onto the track!

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭fillup

Indeed. I only copped you when you were well passed, hence no shout. Were you with the Smart Lamp Group this morning or did you just happened to be close to them?

I was out with 2 other lads but none of us had lamps and we're definitely not smart.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Skrynesaver

Spotted a boardsie this morning on the NCR ~08:10

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭camroc76

Spotted a boardsie this morning on the NCR ~08:10

That was me !....quickly followed by my second puncture of the morning..soppy tube fitting to blame for the second one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Skrynesaver

Ouch, If you'd yelled I had spare tubes on me :( hope your day is improving...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Spotted someone in the pink kit going through Blessington village.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Saw the The Noble Nudge today. He spotted me (must have been the boards hat) but I had no clue who it was until he introduced himself

• Registered Users Posts: 3,122 ✭✭✭daragh_

Saw a Boards Cap in the A4 Bunch at the Dublin Wheelers Race today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Rogue-Trooper

Was in Pavilions shopping centre in Swords earlier and there was a charity thing with a bike on a turbo near the escalators. One of the folks there I'm sure was sporting a pair of green Boards shorts.
    Was in a rush when I arrived in and spotted them so went back down at around 5:30 to say hi but they'd packed up and left.

Was in Pavilions shopping centre in Swords earlier and there was a charity thing with a bike on a turbo near the escalators. One of the folks there I'm sure was sporting a pair of green Boards shorts.
    Was in a rush when I arrived in and spotted them so went back down at around 5:30 to say hi but they'd packed up and left.

That sounds like me, there was a group of us there from Maynooth Students for Charity doing a fundraising static cycle for Down Syndrome Ireland, and I was wearing said shorts. Sorry to miss you, we literally only packed up around 5:20, so it was a close thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Rogue-Trooper

That sounds like me, there was a group of us there from Maynooth Students for Charity doing a fundraising static cycle for Down Syndrome Ireland, and I was wearing said shorts. Sorry to miss you, we literally only packed up around 5:20, so it was a close thing!

Dang - sorry I missed you too! Well done with the initiative - hope the day was worthwhile. Those North County Dublin types can be awfully tight-fisted! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

Dang - sorry I missed you too! Well done with the initiative - hope the day was worthwhile. Those North County Dublin types can be awfully tight-fisted! ;)

Ah a few of them were willing to part with paper money! We're waiting on the final total, but it's all for a good cause and every little helps!

I was going to post that I saw green shorts yesterday too :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Saw some one bomb past me on Cruagh Road this afternoon wearing the green bib tights

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭zonular

Who ever it was, was on a white single speed. Good jaysus i was on my trusty fixed gear pompino and you were tough work to keep up with.

What gearing are you running? i was thinking of changing to a ss set up but you have convinced me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭triggermortis

Saw someone in boards kit at Blakes cross heading towards the airport around 4.30/5.00 this evening. White bike and maybe a rucksack. I was in a car waiting to turn towards Lusk

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

Spotted WA in the pink kit.

Also, on the same spin but in different places, seen Hmmzis, Mr. Grieves and (on strava flyby) irishrover99 :D

Saw someone in boards kit at Blakes cross heading towards the airport around 4.30/5.00 this evening. White bike and maybe a rucksack. I was in a car waiting to turn towards Lusk
    That was myself. (only seeing your post now!).
    Alek wrote: »
    Spotted WA in the pink kit...
    On my way into the passport office this morning. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Mercian Pro

On my way into the passport office this morning. :)

I knew you'd run out of roads in Ireland sooner or later. ;)

Saw Alex this morning (well he saw me)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

Mutual sighting with godtabh confirmed! :)

Boardsie sighted in green kit northbound from Earlsfort Tce on to SSG East at about 08:30 this morning, I think on a Trek albeit with Bianchi-esque colouring?

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭Hani Kosti

Boardsie sighted in green kit northbound from Earlsfort Tce on to SSG East at about 08:30 this morning, I think on a Trek albeit with Bianchi-esque colouring?

Guilty... That was me!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,122 ✭✭✭daragh_

That reminds me - saw a Boards Jersey (Pink and Black) at the junction of Booterstown Ave and the Rock Road yesterday AM.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Robertd_07

daragh_ wrote: »
    That reminds me - saw a Boards Jersey (Pink and Black) at the junction of Booterstown Ave and the Rock Road yesterday AM.
    That was me. Nodded at you, but didn't have the presence of mind to wave or say hi.
    Funnily enough, my first time on the bike in a couple of weeks.

Advertisement