Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Jersey Sightings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭NamelessPhil

Talked to Irishrover on the way up the mountains. I hope you had a good spin.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,987 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

zonular wrote: »
    Who ever it was, was on a white single speed. Good jaysus i was on my trusty fixed gear pompino and you were tough work to keep up with.

What gearing are you running? i was thinking of changing to a ss set up but you have convinced me
    That was myself. It's a 48/18. Just happened to come across you post now while looking for something else. .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Skrynesaver

Greeted a boardsie at the bottom of Maken St. this morning around 7:45...

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭camroc76

Greeted a boardsie at the bottom of Maken St. this morning around 7:45...

Hi Skrynesaver, That was me..apologies for the less than elegant "WHAT???" reply, was miles away mentally !!

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭zonular

That was myself. It's a 48/18. Just happened to come across you post now while looking for something else. .

Jaysus , well you convinced me to go ss instead of fixed, knocked about five mins off me commute

• Advertisement

zonular wrote: »
    Jaysus , well you convinced me to go ss instead of fixed, knocked about five mins off me commute
    Where was our encounter - I don't recall it?

(I recall the ride alright as my Garmin went wonky and I 'lost' the first 30k of the ride. :()

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭zonular

Where was our encounter - I don't recall it?

(I recall the ride alright as my Garmin went wonky and I 'lost' the first 30k of the ride. :()

Swords airside as far as santry as far as I remember

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

WA at Blake's Cross today at 15:42.

Nice tan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭NeedMoreGears

Lethal Dose yesterday at the TDF.

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭lethal dose

I think it was myself who you were talking to:D.
    Good to meet you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭NamelessPhil

Despite the fact that neither of us was wearing a Boards jersey, I'm still going to say hi to gadetra! Nice to put a face to a name.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Got my wife jersey spotting now. Saw some one in the Gallops, D18 around 7

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,845 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Despite the fact that neither of us was wearing a Boards jersey, I'm still going to say hi to gadetra! Nice to put a face to a name.

Right back at ya! Lovely to meet you :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,052 ✭✭✭✭neris

Spotted a jersey peeking out from under a black gilet bout 755 this morning opposite the darndale hilton waiting at the lights heading towards clare hall/town direction

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Rogue-Trooper

neris wrote: »
    Spotted a jersey peeking out from under a black gilet bout 755 this morning opposite the darndale hilton waiting at the lights heading towards clare hall/town direction

That would have been me - well spotted! A closer look would also have revealed Boards arm warmers peeking out from under said Boards jersey and a Boards cap peeking out from under my helmet! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭triggermortis

Saw full boards kit on a white bike yesterday around midday heading towards Rush from Lusk. I suspect it could be Wishbone Ash.

Saw full boards kit on a white bike yesterday around midday heading towards Rush from Lusk. I suspect it could be Wishbone Ash.
    Your suspicions are correct! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭Hani Kosti

Hello to Boardsie (pink bibs) spotted at Portobello heading towards Bleeding horse this morning
    Second one (pink and green top) spotted at Leeds Street/SSG @8:40ish

Hani Kosti wrote: »
    Second one (pink and green top) spotted at Leeds Street/SSG @8:40ish
    That was myself (presuming you meant Leeson Street/St Stephen's Green).

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭Hani Kosti

That was myself (presuming you meant Leeson Street/St Stephen's Green).

Fricking autocorrect 😜

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭veetwin

Think I saw the same boardsie twice today, firstly heading north on Alfie Byrne about 2.30pm and later in the opposite direction on East Wall Rd at 4pm. Full black kit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭NeedMoreGears

Full green kit heading into Dublin at St.Annes park on Wednesday around 0730ish

Pink Jersey this morning - can't remember if it was between Baldoyle and Portmarnock or Portmarnock and Malahide (doh!) around 0720 heading towards Malahide

Pink Jersey this morning - can't remember if it was between Baldoyle and Portmarnock or Portmarnock and Malahide (doh!) around 0720 heading towards Malahide

That was me pretty-in-pink this morning! It was between Portmarnock & Malahide.

I thought it was you all right - couldn't miss those leg & arm warmers! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭rob w

Full green kit heading into Dublin at St.Annes park on Wednesday around 0730ish

Myself in the green kit, on my way into town after a pre work spin around howth. Lovely up there on a quiet morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Skrynesaver

New Boardsie jersey went by me just at Tara na Rí on Tour de Meath yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭zindicato

New Boardsie jersey went by me just at Tara na Rí on Tour de Meath yesterday.

twas me :) first outing in half a year for me , lovely day and well organized good food too:)

Gave a shout out to NeedMoreGears @ Baldoyle this morning rockin' the pink.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭Plastik

Passed a pink jersey on a blue fixie just after the Merrion Gates this evening. Been a while since I spotted a jersey in the wild. Was going to hey boardsie it ... but in the end just kept on going :o

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭KathleenF

Black Boardsie jacket (complete with wearer) spotted in Aldi Santry on Wed evening. White bike with black panniers.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,327 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

KathleenF wrote: »
    Black Boardsie jacket (complete with wearer) spotted in Aldi Santry on Wed evening. White bike with black panniers.

Ooh but for the bikes colour migt have been me

Advertisement