Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Jersey Sightings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭veetwin

New kit (3 stripe) heading down from the Howth summit towards the graveyard at 13:24. And either a second new kit or the same guy at 14:07 on Strand Rd. heading south towards Portmarnock. Only gave a shout the second time.

That was me probably both times. Never heard the shout though. Someone else gave me a boardsie shout on the Howth descent but I don't know if they heard me shout back.

Doc07 wrote: »
    Black and orange jersey this morning in Terenure, waiting at lights. I was in my club colours.

That'd be me, hello!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Doc07

Dónal wrote: »
    That'd be me, hello!

Hah, my namesake.
    You will likely spot me over the summer in an older version black/pink.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭NeedMoreGears

veetwin wrote: »
    That was me probably both times. Never heard the shout though. Someone else gave me a boardsie shout on the Howth descent but I don't know if they heard me shout back.

That was me. Didn't hear you as I was too busy suffering

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭Hmmzis

Green jersey and pink shorts this morning at 8am under the Luas bridge in Dundrum heading East.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Skrynesaver

Pink jersey Valleymount yesterday morning about 11:15

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Myself at a guess, got a 'Hi boardsie' somewhere around there, and also when passed by a lad with a hi-viz jacket on one of the bridges.

That would have been myself, pink top on a black Felt

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

That could have been me under the luas bridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

New kit spotted around 5.45 on O'Connell bridge, turning right heading towards the Customs House! Yellow and black pannier on the back too

• Advertisement

Doc07 wrote: »
    Hah, my namesake.
    You will likely spot me over the summer in an older version black/pink.

I was wearing the original (vintage) purple-y blue, the black pink is a newer kit than that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭del_boy13

Zyzz wrote: »
    New kit spotted around 5.45 on O'Connell bridge, turning right heading towards the Customs House! Yellow and black pannier on the back too

That was me on the commute home.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭del_boy13

crosstownk wrote: »
    Passed a Boardsie in Santry just before 6 this evening heading north in green kit. I was heading south. We were both stopped at the lights at Omni. I was in the new kit and exchanged waves.

Hello again crosstownk. That was me last outing for the jersey as the zip has now busted (or maybe its me who has busted the zip..) :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭MrSkinny

Boards jersey spotted around 8:30 this morning northbound on the N11 just after Stillorgan junction. Went past me along the bus lane as I was coming around the back of the bus stop.

Spotted an old (blue/grey and Orange) jersey on Wednesday evening bringing the shopping home on the grand canal @ lwr. Mnt street bridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

Spotted an old (blue/grey and Orange) jersey on Wednesday evening bringing the shopping home

Hi :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Mercian Pro

New jersey and black beard bombing down the Wicklow Gap into Glendalough while hundreds of us were struggling up. Shouted but probably too late.
    Also pink jersey at start of Lap de Gaps. Went to say hi but you vanished!

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭zindicato

9;30 am bearded boardsie new kit heading towards terenure gave you a shout was running in the direction of harolds cross

• Registered Users Posts: 4,766 ✭✭✭cython

3 sightings today, one heading towards Dublin on the N81 at about 9:50 am in the latest kit. Was in a car on the way to the Cycle4DSI.

Another bearded boardsie in the same style kit passed us above Glenmacnass heading for the Sally Gap a bit after 1pm, while I was fixing the OH's puncture. Gave you a shout.

Finally another boardsie in pink jersey was with a group I knew and met at the food stop (Galway Cycle/Average Josies RAI) in Laragh for above cycle, but never got a chance to ask your username on here - nice to meet you in any case and hope ye both got home ok after the car issues!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

cython wrote: »
    3 sightings today, one heading towards Dublin on the N81 at about 9:50 am in the latest kit. Was in a car on the way to the Cycle4DSI.

Another bearded boardsie in the same style kit passed us above Glenmacnass heading for the Sally Gap a bit after 1pm, while I was fixing the OH's puncture. Gave you a shout.

Finally another boardsie in pink jersey was with a group I knew and met at the food stop (Galway Cycle/Average Josies RAI) in Laragh for above cycle, but never got a chance to ask your username on here - nice to meet you in any case and hope ye both got home ok after the car issues!

I also saw bearded boardsie and gave a shout. I was in Galway Cycle gear.

And we got home grand. Only stalled once and it started no bother!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭fillup

zindicato wrote: »
    9;30 am bearded boardsie new kit heading towards terenure gave you a shout was running in the direction of harolds cross

Guilty as charged!
    Thanks for the shout out!

Another bearded boardsie in the same style kit passed us above Glenmacnass heading for the Sally Gap a bit after 1pm, while I was fixing the OH's puncture. Gave you a shout !

That was me Cython.
    Hope u weren't too delayed with the mechanical.
    Thanks for shout out!

New jersey and black beard bombing down the Wicklow Gap into Glendalough while hundreds of us were struggling up. Shouted but probably too late.

That was me Señor Mexican Pro.
    I had cycled up Wicklow Gap and turned back to head for home.
    I've got to admit it was enjoyable watching others suffer on the way up as I was descending but then I did have to face Sally Gap and Glencullen on the way back.
    Didn't hear the shout out but thanks anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

one heading towards Dublin on the N81 at about 9:50 am in the latest kit.

Probably me heading for home.

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭jimm

A reverse Boards jersey sighting today. Got a shout of encouragement from Nilhg (in the pink kit) at the IVCA race on the Curragh circuit. Thanks N, that course is always a tough one.

old pink jersey going down wicklow gap to laragh was the guy in the new gear climbing up the opposite way too late to give a shout as you were flying downhill

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭NeedMoreGears

That was likely me - we you in a pink/green combo around 1015ish?

That was likely me - we you in a pink/green combo around 1015ish?

yup that was me struggling up the hill... 14 kg in 6 months gained after no exercise due to foot injury.... first time to go up wicklow gap since last w200 nearly killed myself today :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭veetwin

Rob W in green kit from Sutton to Howth summit about 6pm this evening I was in the black kit. Lovely evening for a quick 30k

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭nilhg

jimm wrote: »
    A reverse Boards jersey sighting today. Got a shout of encouragement from Nilhg (in the pink kit) at the IVCA race on the Curragh circuit. Thanks N, that course is always a tough one.

Sorta came in from the side so wasn't sure whether you were off the front or out the back, keep her lit seemed to cover both scenarios....

Advertisement