Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Jersey Sightings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Rogue-Trooper

Another (by now regular) sighting of NeedMoreGears between Malahide & Portmarnock this morning. Mutual obligatory 'Boardsie' shouts as we were both in matching pink this morning.

Family-Guy-image-family-guy-36276526-500-323.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Eponymous

How does one get a Boards jersey and/or shorts?

I need to invest in more gear anyway. I currently seem to be living in the one I bought in Lidl or Aldi (can't remember which, but it is very comfortable, to be fair)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Eponymous wrote: »
    How does one get a Boards jersey and/or shorts?
    Maybe express an interest in the link below. It's probably a matter of generating enough interest to get the order to go ahead.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=99157663

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭NeedMoreGears

Another (by now regular) sighting of NeedMoreGears between Malahide & Portmarnock this morning. Mutual obligatory 'Boardsie' shouts as we were both in matching pink this morning.

Family-Guy-image-family-guy-36276526-500-323.png

Great morning for it RT. I hope whoever was with you didn't get a fright with two shouts at the same time.

BTW - 'thought I saw a pink/green bib peeking out from under shorts on Merrion Square North around 1745 last evening. Bike was heading towards Mount St. Lower

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭Bloggsie

a belated Heyho to the guy(hope it was a guy)black short sleeve jersey on Parkgate Street last nite, I was waitng to turn up into the park, you were heading up towards the bus depot on Cunningham Road.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

Spotted one heading into Sandyford industrial estate coming from leopardstown, stopped at the luas tracks near woodies. 8:15 this morning. Green/black jersey.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,987 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Crosstownk in the pink/green combo at Santry this morning.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,135 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

WA in green at Lissenhall roundabout just before 8 this morning....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Crosstownk in the pink/green combo at Santry this morning.

Spotted you on the other side in the green kit.

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭devonp

Bloggsie wrote: »
    a belated Heyho to the guy(hope it was a guy)black short sleeve jersey on Parkgate Street last nite, I was waitng to turn up into the park, you were heading up towards the bus depot on Cunningham Road.

might have been me heading for Leixlip, white Specz MTB hardtail? 6.15pm ish?

i'll take the gender confusion(indeed i am a guy) as a compliment to my slim figure...:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,193 ✭✭✭PaulieC

Pink at the top of Booterstown Avenue at about 5:15. My first sighting in the wild.

new kit short sleeve passing Louisa Bridge station, Leixlip, heading downhill about 6.45pm
    i was walking from the train same direction,dozzey from the train... late spot

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭veetwin

New kit on New Street, Malahide just now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭koutoubia

veetwin wrote: »
    New kit on New Street, Malahide just now

Probably me!
    Traffiic was mental coming into malahide.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭tech

Kinsale today!!! it was mine!!! :)

Pink/Green coming down Sutton side of Howth yesterday around 1330.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭fillup

I think that was meself Mr Gears.
    Did u shout out?
    I was whizzing down the hill ahead of a shower with my beard blowing in the wind!

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭fillup

Did u shout out?
    I was whizzing down the hill ahead of a shower with my beard blowing in the wind!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭g0g

kenmc wrote: »
    Spotted one heading into Sandyford industrial estate coming from leopardstown, stopped at the luas tracks near woodies. 8:15 this morning. Green/black jersey.
    That'd be me, week 3 or 4 of bike commuting from Bray! :)

fillup wrote: »
    Did u shout out?

I did indeed shout but to be fair it's a very impressive beard.

I was drowned by that shower - 'never seen rain as heavy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭Hani Kosti

Green kit spotted yesterday 8:45ish at Hatch Street, I shouted hey Boardsie ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 4,766 ✭✭✭cython

Hani Kosti wrote: »
    Green kit spotted yesterday 8:45ish at Hatch Street, I shouted hey Boardsie ðŸ˜

Think that was probably me (I was heading towards Harcourt Street, you away from it?), though I'd have thought a bit earlier than 08.45. I noticed a cyclist shouting (though couldn't hear exactly what over traffic!) but couldn't acknowledge it was was weighing up a dash across the street to the office car park at the time :D

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭Hani Kosti

Green bibs Boardsie spotted at Rathfarnham junction, same one 5 min later down in Terenure today around 8

• Registered Users Posts: 24,987 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Alek (in the original jersey) and Need More Gears (in the pink) at the Mick Byrne 200 today.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I met some one on top of Kippure this morning. Asked me was I (in full boards gear) training for the Evil (which I was) but after getting to the top I was to bolloxed to ask his name. Said he might do it himself

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Doc07

godtabh wrote: »
    I met some one on top of Kippure this morning. Asked me was I (in full boards gear) training for the Evil (which I was) but after getting to the top I was to bolloxed to ask his name. Said he might do it himself

That was me. Sorry I never asked your name either. I think you did the order the one and only time I got boards jersey/shorts 2 years ago.
    Great morning for Kippure.
    Would love to do at least some of the evil. Will depend on how wrecked I am after travelling and how much the kids have annoyed the missus while I'm away.

The two lads with me this morning thought the whole thing sounded crazy.

met Alek, and thanks to Need more Gears for taking the photo back at the Cuala clubhouse, also saw W/A and mercian pro in Swords gear

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭ezra_

Newish jersey on the climb towards the Sally Gap from Dublin @ 18.10

We passed you in the blue bmw, the two of you were making great time!

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Fireball XL5

dfgdf

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭tampopo

6pm queuing at the lights on Suir Bridge Dublin. I was in the phalanx of commuters going in the opposite direction.

What a gorgeous evening for cycling...

Advertisement