Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Jersey Sightings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,122 ✭✭✭daragh_

tampopo wrote: »
    6pm queuing at the lights on Suir Bridge Dublin. I was in the phalanx of commuters going in the opposite direction.

What a gorgeous evening for cycling...

T'was me. Lovely evening. Hard to go home when the hills were calling...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭tampopo

Ha! I cycled to Blanchardstown and back via the Park. Part of journey: Max speed 47 kph. Won't count for #ecc2016eu. bummer.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

tampopo wrote: »
    Part of journey: Max speed 47 kph. Won't count for #ecc2016eu. bummer.

I think it will count.
    Trips with an average speed higher than 30 km/h AND a maximum speed higher than 45 km/h are not valid for the challenge, thus for the city leaderboard, but only for the statistical leaderboard. The same will be for trips longer than 35 km.

So if you're average was less than 30km/h it will count - unless I'm completely misinterpreting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Rogue-Trooper

Gave a shout out to someone sporting the green kit yesterday around 5pm on the Howth Road between Raheny & Killester.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,785 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Seen green shorts yesterday heading down the Clonskeagh road (with a blue jersey on)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Gasco

Pink jersey heading up the hill towards Sandyford at about 07.15. Tried to say hi, but was distracted by the white van trying some odd and scary lane changing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭NamelessPhil

Met a pink a white full kit Boardsie at the traffic lights on Taylor's Lane while doing the school run cycle.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Met a pink a white full kit Boardsie at the traffic lights on Taylor's Lane while doing the school run cycle.
    Aha! Apologies, I couldn't hear you entirely properly. I've also caught you on camera on a test run of the GoPro I got for free. Don't worry, I won't be sticking it up anywhere :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭NamelessPhil

Thought it might be yourself Seamus as I know you're local.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭del_boy13

CramCycle wrote: »
    Seen green shorts yesterday heading down the Clonskeagh road (with a blue jersey on)

That was me on the way.

• Advertisement

del_boy13 wrote: »
    That was me on the way.

I'll shout over in my best (admittedly terrible) cockney accent the next time I see you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭OleRodrigo

Gave a shout out to someone sporting the green kit yesterday around 5pm on the Howth Road between Raheny & Killester.

That was me :)

I shouted back but it was lost in the traffic I think

Met a Boardsie in a Green jersey on the Military Road last night. Sorry - forgot the name. Congrats on finishing your exams.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Garzard

daragh_ wrote: »
    Met a Boardsie in a Green jersey on the Military Road last night. Sorry - forgot the name. Congrats on finishing your exams.

That was myself - nice meeting you! Cheers for stopping to chat. How did you get on yesterday?

I might take you up on your spin invitation tomorrow if it's still going? ;)

Garzard wrote: »
    That was myself - nice meeting you! Cheers for stopping to chat. How did you get on yesterday?

I might take you up on your spin invitation tomorrow if it's still going? ;)

Grand - taking it handy in the sun. Nice to meet you.

Tomorrow's spin is a longish day in the hills :D Details here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Garzard

daragh_ wrote: »
    Grand - taking it handy in the sun. Nice to meet you.

Tomorrow's spin is a longish day in the hills :D Details here

Grand! Don't want to drag this thread off so I'll post my planned spin tomorrow up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Eponymous

Boardsie in a pink jersey went by me and my neighbour between Newcastle and Kilcoole, northbound. This afternoon, in around 1pm. We were just ambling along in self content having done 100k, so didn't have the wherewithal to shout! Or the breath, for that matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Met Triggermortis on the Cuchulainn Tour of Louth. Lovely day for a spin. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭MrSkinny

Pink boards jersey spotted this afternoon in Stepaside heading towards Dublin. Must have been about 4 PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭Dow99

Spotted a Boards jersey at the harbor in Skerries yesterday, about 1pm :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,987 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Dow99 wrote: »
    crosstownk I'd say. He was loitering around there at about that time! :)

Dow99 wrote: »
    crosstownk I'd say. He was loitering around there at about that time! :)

Yep - that was me. I was looking for somewhere to have a sandwich and a cuppa. The harbour was fairly packed so I went back to Olive Deli where I had a very tasty Ploughmans sambo with ciabatta. Tasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,987 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

crosstownk wrote: »
    ... so I went back to Olive Deli where I had a very tasty Ploughmans sambo with ciabatta. Tasty.
    Mrs WA is always suggesting I go there but it doesn't really make sense as it only 5k from my door. Seems very popular with cyclists all the same.

Mrs WA is always suggesting I go there but it doesn't really make sense as it only 5k from my door. Seems very popular with cyclists all the same.

I can see why it's popular. The food and service is excellent. It'd be a nice spot to meet the Mrs. at the end of a spin.

It was packed yesterday although I was the only cyclist.

Green kit spotted in Phibsborough this morning heading towards the city centre at 8:10.

I didn't get a chance to shout as I spotted you between trucks & busses. Anyway, I doubt you'd have heard me over the traffic noise as I was on the other side of the road heading north.

Seen a full pink kit in Stillorgan on Friday evening at about 5:30 / 5:45. Coming up from the N11, heading towards the Kilmacud Road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭timmy_mallet

A full black kit, Saturday, just passed Annamoe heading towards Roundwood...

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭camroc76

crosstownk wrote: »
    Green kit spotted in Phibsborough this morning heading towards the city centre at 8:10.

I didn't get a chance to shout as I spotted you between trucks & busses. Anyway, I doubt you'd have heard me over the traffic noise as I was on the other side of the road heading north.

That was me ! :) Running late as I only remembered my workshirt was still on its hanger as I passed thru Glasnevin Industrial Estate :eek: and had to cycle home to add a few kms onto my commute.

Nice morning for it mind !

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

A full black kit, Saturday, just passed Annamoe heading towards Roundwood...

That was probably me. What time?

• Advertisement

camroc76 wrote: »
    That was me ! :)

Nice to almost meet you!

Advertisement