Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Jersey Sightings

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭timmy_mallet

godtabh wrote: »
    A full black kit, Saturday, just passed Annamoe heading towards Roundwood...

That was probably me. What time?

Maybe about 5.30pm??

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Maybe about 5.30pm??

That was me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭timmy_mallet

godtabh wrote: »
    Maybe about 5.30pm??

That was me
    Good stuff, will give a honk the next time I'm passing... Lovely bloody day for it - instead of riding I was battling the cars for a spot in the Glendalough car parks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Saw loads of jerseys today. Well two actually.

Morning time about 10am green jersey heading down upper Leeson street just before the bridge. Going into town.

Evening about 645pm heading out of town crossing over ballsbridge. Pink jersey.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,123 ✭✭✭daragh_

bazermc wrote: »
    Evening about 645pm heading out of town crossing over ballsbridge. Pink jersey.

Me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

bout 6pm last willie nolan road in baldoyle full black and pink kit

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭flatface

this morning commute in my green jersey I happened across another boardsie is full green kit at Stephen's green.
    All we needed was another few jerseys to join and we could have had a team time trial going. Tomorrow who is on for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Full green kit at Cuffe Street/Wexford Street junction this morning. Didn't get a chance to get a name.

EDIT: Just saw the post above now!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

flatface wrote: »
    this morning commute in my green jersey I happened across another boardsie is full green kit at Stephen's green.
    All we needed was another few jerseys to join and we could have had a team time trial going. Tomorrow who is on for it?
    That was myself - nice to meet you! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

A Boardsie in the green shorts (on a black Storck) passed me just now on the R132 just before the Texaco at Airside. I was out on my lunchtime walk and only noticed the shorts after you'd passed so there was no point in giving out a shout.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

neris wrote: »
    bout 6pm last willie nolan road in baldoyle full black and pink kit

*waves...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Skrynesaver

Pink jersey: Northumberland Rd. heading south around 16:30 Hi!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Pink jersey: Northumberland Rd. heading south around 16:30 Hi!

That could have been me, I was heading home around that time. Hello there!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭cython

Pretty sure I saw an incognito Hani Kosti at the Earlsfort Tce/SSG junction around 8.15-8.20 this morning - think you were wearing similar gear to when you spotted me and gave a shout, and the same bike as when I spotted you before! Unfortunately on foot this morning myself, due to onward journey later on after work.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭Hani Kosti

cython wrote: »
    Pretty sure I saw an incognito Hani Kosti at the Earlsfort Tce/SSG junction around 8.15-8.20 this morning - think you were wearing similar gear to when you spotted me and gave a shout, and the same bike as when I spotted you before! Unfortunately on foot this morning myself, due to onward journey later on after work.

Dang i can't even make my way to work unrecognised anymore!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭Bloggsie

pretty certain I saw a boardsie on chersterfield avenue yesterday about 17.50/55ish heading towards the city centre. Jersey was open and flapping wildy!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Seen a Boardsie shorts on a bike with one green wheel and one pink wheel in Sandyford industrial estate on Monday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,080 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Top of the Phoenix Park a little around 6pm this evening, orange pannier, green jersey.

I was the one shaking my head at that idiot driver's blind overtaking manoeuvre into oncoming traffic. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭cython

Lumen wrote: »
    Top of the Phoenix Park a little around 6pm this evening, orange pannier, green jersey.

I was the one shaking my head at that idiot driver's blind overtaking manoeuvre into oncoming traffic. :)

Sounds like me, I'd have gone up from the Chapelizod gate and out the Castleknock gate, so somewhere along that route? Not sure I can place the incident you're talking about, though to be honest I'm too used to people driving like idiots along the stretch in front of the OPW, and I was on the bike path to bypass the traffic once I got to Chesterfield Avenue :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

Bout 745 this morning at the traffic lights past howth village pink and black jersey heading for the summit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Rogue-Trooper

neris wrote: »
    Bout 745 this morning at the traffic lights past howth village pink and black jersey heading for the summit

That was me on my extended commute to work. Were you one of the 'descendees' that I nodded to? There were quite a few out at that time this morning - cracking morning for it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭NamelessPhil

Shout out to Quozl of this parish whose green Boards kit was camoflaged by a group of Orwell riders descending Sally Gap this morning. I gave a shout but it may have been lost in the wind rush.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

6pm today heading out of town over the spencer dock bridge at upper sheriff street. I yelled out the car window you probably thought I was some lunatic.

Beardo boardsie wearing original purple jersey cycling lime green bike spotted on lower kimmage road heading towards kimmage at 1830 today

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

Beardo boardsie wearing original purple jersey cycling lime green bike

Me of this parish it was :D

bazermc wrote: »
    6pm today heading out of town over the spencer dock bridge at upper sheriff street. I yelled out the car window you probably thought I was some lunatic.

Ha ha - that was me. Your shout was almost whipped away by the wind - only copped that you didn't have tourettes and were in fact shouting 'Boardsie' when I was gone past you!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Ha ha - that was me. Your shout was almost whipped away by the wind - only copped that you didn't have tourettes and were in fact shouting 'Boardsie' when I was gone past you!

I saw you too, pink jersey right? I was just about to join Sheriff Street from a side road. I was the eejit with the camera on my head.

I saw you too, pink jersey right? I was just about to join Sheriff Street from a side road. I was the eejit with the camera on my head.

Jeez people - form a line! :P

Yep, pink jersey - I was mixing & matching with the current-issue stripey Boards shorts too!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Spotted someone in the pink jersey passing Merrion Gates at 7pm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Met a Boardsie in the new shorts this morning at the Tallaght Hospital Charity Spin. I got your real name but forgot to interrogate you about your Boards username..........

Advertisement