Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Jersey Sightings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭lethal dose

crosstownk wrote: »
    Met a Boardsie in the new shorts this morning at the Tallaght Hospital Charity Spin. I got your real name but forgot to interrogate you about your Boards username..........

Saw the same guy from a distance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭veetwin

Black kit at the top of Molls Gap about 2pm today on the ring of Kerry. I was wearing the shorts. Got a boardsie shout from someone else on th Coomakista climb...too knackered to shout back!

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭snottybridge

Spotted a Boardsie on the road to Youghal today,about 4.30ish.

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭devonp

Black jersey & pink stripe, Leixlip near Springfield Hotel eastbound y'day (I think!) 4pmish , white bike??

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

devonp wrote: »
    Black jersey & pink stripe, Leixlip near Springfield Hotel eastbound y'day (I think!) 4pmish , white bike??

That would have been me on my way home from a round trip to Edenderry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭fillup

veetwin wrote: »
    Black kit at the top of Molls Gap about 2pm today on the ring of Kerry. I was wearing the shorts. Got a boardsie shout from someone else on th Coomakista climb...too knackered to shout back!
    That could have been me...
    Full new kit and sporting large "freak-flag" style beard and swigging some Hennessy...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

So the old pink jersey on Murphystown Road this morning. White Trek I think. Gave a beep.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

new kit this morning going through donnybrook on the way to town, cube aerial bike and a orange waterproof cover on a backpack

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Robertd_07

godtabh wrote: »
    So the old pink jersey on Murphystown Road this morning. White Trek I think. Gave a beep.
    That was me.
    You frightened the life out of me!
    Then I spent a minute trying to figure out if I knew you, until I realised it was the Jersey!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Skrynesaver

On the canal twice, you passed me fixing a puncture for a couple of young lads and I nearly caught you before you turned off @ Ashtown ~ 18:00

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Robertd_07 wrote: »
    That was me.
    You frightened the life out of me!
    Then I spent a minute trying to figure out if I knew you, until I realised it was the Jersey!

Sorry was meant to be a friendly honk!

I think I have seen you a few times (and mentioned on this thread)

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Oymyakon

Black kit going north past Dublin Airport!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,987 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Oymyakon wrote: »
    Black kit going north past Dublin Airport!
    If it was around 5.30/5.45pm today it may have been myself (on a white Kardan K7).

If it was around 5.30/5.45pm today it may have been myself (on a white Kardan K7).

May have been a bit earlier, can't say for sure but I'll keep an eye out for that bike on future commutes! I am usually on a red carrera with an orange backpack

Oymyakon wrote: »
    May have been a bit earlier, can't say for sure but I'll keep an eye out for that bike on future commutes! I am usually on a red carrera with an orange backpack
    Ah! did you pass me at the lights at ALSAA? Someone with an orange backpack passed me there while I was having a bit of left cleat trouble clicking back in. If it was yourself, you were hoofing it - was having trouble staying with you! :D

Ah! did you pass me at the lights at ALSAA? Someone with an orange backpack passed me there while I was having a bit of left cleat trouble clicking back in. If it was yourself, you were hoofing it - was having trouble staying with you! :D

Very possible, I was having a bit of fun on my good bike (black Scott CR1) as my Carrera is out of action :cool:

I'll try not be so shy to say hello next time!

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭camroc76

On the canal twice, you passed me fixing a puncture for a couple of young lads and I nearly caught you before you turned off @ Ashtown ~ 18:00

Hi Skrynesaver

That was me, I was wondering what was going on with the two lads ! Yeah Ashtown is my last stop thankfully. Those gates are a hassle though !

Will have to do a proper introduction at some point !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

Black kit in Santry this morning. Said hello boardsie, got a thumb up :)

Alek wrote: »
    Black kit in Santry this morning. Said hello boardsie, got a thumb up :)

That was me. It took me a second to realise what you said hence the slightly delayed thumbs up!

Good to meet you :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭gambeta_fc

Fairly sure I spotted boards kit (black and pink?) somewhere out around the Wicklow Gap at lunchtime. I think that's where it was, first time cycling in the area and I hadn't much idea where I was going. I gave a wave but you were away past by the time the the kit registered with me for a shout out.

gambeta_fc wrote: »
    Fairly sure I spotted boards kit (black and pink?) somewhere out around the Wicklow Gap at lunchtime. I think that's where it was, first time cycling in the area and I hadn't much idea where I was going. I gave a wave but you were away past by the time the the kit registered with me for a shout out.
    That was probably myself - I was there around lunchtime in the pink/black gear. Where about was it - I don't recall it!

WA in pink kit, Santry, 17:15.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭gambeta_fc

That was probably myself - I was there around lunchtime in the pink/black gear. Where about was it - I don't recall it!

About half way on Wicklow Gap climb at a guess. I was coming from Laragh heading towards Blessington direction, black and green bike, going fierce slow!

gambeta_fc wrote: »
    About half way on Wicklow Gap climb at a guess. I was coming from Laragh heading towards Blessington direction, black and green bike, going fierce slow!
    Yea - just spotted it on Strava FlyBy! You had a great average speed of that ride with the climbing you did.

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭devonp

blue and orange (original?) on Lisheen heading N this morning, just caught you at the N81 and just about to pull up along side when you took a right at the Blue Gardinia towards Ballinascorney
    so a belated Boardsie shout:)...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

this morning around half 8, guy in a pink top was walking towards the Merrion gates, i was in the green version on the bike

WA this morning in the black striped kit at Northwood in Santry on his fixie.

Presumably he was taking the long way to work.........

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,780 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Yesterday morning on Murphystown road (the two way cycle path that goes over the M50) heading towards Bewleys/Claytons hotel.

• Advertisement

Green kit on trek1000 / North Quays

Crosstownk in the new kit / Drumcondra

Advertisement