Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Jersey Sightings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,987 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Bloggsie wrote: »
    nice coffe in there!
    ...and very pleasant welcoming staff, great cakes/scones/general food, complimentary refills, large seating area, and a place at the back for the bikes. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭Bloggsie

saw a couple of very cool looking recumbents outside Tansey's around the corner from there on BH Monday just gone, on any Saturday or Sunday there are a good number of cyclists sitting outside Tansey's getting a caffine fix!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I think I saw the new jersey on the N11 at the Radison heading into town at around 7:20. I was heading out of town so hard to tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,766 ✭✭✭cython

Green jersey and non-standard issue (i.e. baggy :pac:) shorts about 10 past 8 this morning turning from SSG east onto SSG north on a fixie or single-speed, and taking it pretty handy by the looks of things

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Eponymous

godtabh wrote: »
    I think I saw the new jersey on the N11 at the Radison heading into town at around 7:20. I was heading out of town so hard to tell.
    That could have been me, I was passing there around that time!

(Yay, first sighting)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Eponymous wrote: »
    That could have been me, I was passing there around that time!

(Yay, first sighting)

If your initials are RS you have the same first name as me.

If your initials are RS you have the same first name as me.
    No. MK...

No. MK...

I got my placings wrong. I was actually further up the road when we passed

:(

:(

still you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,052 ✭✭✭✭neris

Caught a glimpse of a green and black jersey on N2 just after Lidl Finglas heading towards Glasnevin bout 12:15-12:30 earlier

• Registered Users Posts: 9,175 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

neris wrote: »
    Caught a glimpse of a green and black jersey on N2 just after Lidl Finglas heading towards Glasnevin bout 12:15-12:30 earlier
    Sounds like me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Doc07

Green jersey near cookstown road /city west near N7 around 245pm today

Two this morning I think.

Defo one in Phoenix Park around 8:25 near the marathon finish line.

10 mins before on the Strawberry Beds heading towards Lucan followed by some in in a TT bike. Looked like boards bands but may not have been

brianomc near the start of the Tour of Kildare today in the full pink/green splendour!

brianomc near the start of the Tour of Kildare today in the full pink/green splendour!

If he was on a Giant Defy in blue/white/grey with a black/blue catlike whisper then I saw him around a couple of times too (food stop - was rolling out as you came in by the looks of it) and the wandering around at the end), if not then I saw someone else :D

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭camroc76

Two this morning I think.

Defo one in Phoenix Park around 8:25 near the marathon finish line.

10 mins before on the Strawberry Beds heading towards Lucan followed by some in in a TT bike. Looked like boards bands but may not have been

That was me in the Phoenix Park, curtailed laps around the park with the marathon mind !

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭brianomc

cython wrote: »
    If he was on a Giant Defy in blue/white/grey with a black/blue catlike whisper then I saw him around a couple of times too (food stop - was rolling out as you came in by the looks of it) and the wandering around at the end), if not then I saw someone else :D

That was me alright.
    Took me a few seconds to realise the shoutout by WA near the start. Nice to meet him briefly at the food stop.

brianomc wrote: »
    That was me alright.
    Took me a few seconds to realise the shoutout by WA near the start. Nice to meet him briefly at the food stop.

Was that WA in the Swords kit that you were talking to when you came in first? If not never mind, but if so then I guess that's an incognito sighting....

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭brianomc

cython wrote: »
    Was that WA in the Swords kit that you were talking to when you came in first? If not never mind, but if so then I guess that's an incognito sighting....

Yeah, luckily I recognised him from a photo posted around here a few days ago :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭man_no_plan

Guy in an Orange boards jersey on the LL today. Think he was pulled over with a puncture?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,327 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Gave a wave to a boardsie in the new kit as we went opposite directions near Morton Stadium in Santry a little before 6.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭timmy_mallet

Er, in the toilets before the start of the Leinster Loop, was behind a Greeny/Grey Boards.ie jersey wearer, I really didn't know what the etiquette was there at all, so erred on the side of caution by keeping quiet... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Weepsie wrote: »
    Gave a wave to a boardsie in the new kit as we went opposite directions near Morton Stadium in Santry a little before 6.

That might have been me. I don't recall seeing you :o as I was was dealing with a nuisance head wind and was probably paying too much attention to my new Garmin 520 toy!

Weepsie wrote: »
    ...and Weepsie in the pink/green kit heading north at Santry at 5.45pm - a mutual sighting! :D

My first sighting of the famous WA. If I just parked at the corner of Swords Road and Santry avenue, I'd probably spot loads of folk.

Saw another boardsie yesterday on Seville place yesterday in the full pink kit. This was about 6.20 pm they were headed towards Liffey I was going towards the Five Lamps.

Gave a wave and a shout and got one back

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

T'was I, heading southside...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭NeedMoreGears

Yours truly - I'm 990 of 990 on that segment now. Not one of my better days ; binned the tyre when I got home

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭NeedMoreGears

I'm kinda hoping that was outside the toilets - prob me again.

Advertisement