Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Jersey Sightings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,484 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

Eponymous in the first wave of the GDBR and at Ballyboughal.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭brianomc

Saw the new boards jersey at the Ballyboughal food stop. Silver giro helmet and blue shorts.

I was too near the front of the queue for the toilets to give up my space and say hi

• Registered Users Posts: 4,766 ✭✭✭cython

brianomc wrote: »
    Saw the new boards jersey at the Ballyboughal food stop. Silver giro helmet and blue shorts.

I was too near the front of the queue for the toilets to give up my space and say hi

Think I saw the same one passing the food stop in the NSC (reasonably sure he was wearing blue shorts anyway), number 4021 as I recall, and on a Grey Cannondale?

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭brianomc

cython wrote: »
    Think I saw the same one passing the food stop in the NSC (reasonably sure he was wearing blue shorts anyway), number 4021 as I recall, and on a Grey Cannondale?

I didn't see the bike, so can't say unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭AltAccount

Yep, I saw him too (and a few others) today. The next set of jerseys should have usernames on them again... :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭koutoubia

Finally met Rolling Scone at GDBR this am!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

koutoubia wrote: »
    Finally met Rolling Scone at GDBR this am!

Hope you made it home in one piece!

#thecommercialcurse

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭koutoubia

Hope you made it home in one piece!

#thecommercialcurse

I have to say I would be lying if I said I wasn't nervous....But yeah made it to the boozer in one piece.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Eponymous

Eponymous in the first wave of the GDBR and at Ballyboughal.
    brianomc wrote: »

AltAccount wrote: »
    Yep, I saw him too (and a few others) today. The next set of jerseys should have usernames on them again... :)

Hello!!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,052 ✭✭✭✭neris

Black and pink jersey spotted passing by baldoyle church this morning about 850ish

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭Hmmzis

Got a 'hey boardsie!' this morning around 8:18 at Kenilworth corner. Think it was from a green jersey wearing boardsie, I was wearing the pink version.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Rogue-Trooper

Pink jersey spotted outbound in Fairview at about 6.20 this evening. Black & green shorts and what looked like a red bandana under the helmet.

I peeled off up the Howth Road while he went on towards Clontarf so didn't get a shout out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Eponymous

Just remember I got a shout on Sunday at the Point on the GDBR, someone at the side of the road. Only realised after I'd passed as I was too busy yakking and just remembered now... I talk a lot at the start of any spin.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

Hi Daragh_!

(got spotted)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

At the Graduate Roundabout in Killiney around 8:55. Didnt think appropriate to beep you on the roundabout.

It was the old pink jersey/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Rogue-Trooper

Exchanged pleasantries with a bearded chap in green Boards jersey this morning on the Malahide Road at the junction of Griffith Avenue. Sorry, didn't get your Boards name!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

godtabh wrote: »
    At the Graduate Roundabout in Killiney around 8:55. Didnt think appropriate to beep you on the roundabout.

It was the old pink jersey/

Hello there! I may have been a tad late leaving for work this morning!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Hello there! I may have been a tad late leaving for work this morning!

You werent the only one!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭rob w

Exchanged pleasantries with a bearded chap in green Boards jersey this morning on the Malahide Road at the junction of Griffith Avenue. Sorry, didn't get your Boards name!

That was myself....good to meet you!

A rare spotting for me, i cycle that stretch every day for a few years now and have never met another boardsie on it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,052 ✭✭✭✭neris

Just spotted a jersey passing my house about 7pm in Baldoyle. Think I know who it was

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,122 ✭✭✭daragh_

Someone riding a 'Wasp' like bike close to the Barge this morning. Keep Her Lit? Hard to tell as my eyes were blinded by the extreme visibility of the bike. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

daragh_ wrote: »
    Someone riding a 'Wasp' like bike close to the Barge this morning. Keep Her Lit? Hard to tell as my eyes were blinded by the extreme visibility of the bike. :eek:

Someone doesn't know their #HiVis science!

https://twitter.com/Flaminghobo1/status/711899183171686400?s=09

• Registered Users Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

Boards jersey on Griffith Avenue going towards Marino at about 5 this eve. I shouted but realised the car windows were closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭Hani Kosti

Hmmzis wrote:
    Got a 'hey boardsie!' this morning around 8:18 at Kenilworth corner. Think it was from a green jersey wearing boardsie, I was wearing the pink version.

Hey there!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

sullivlo wrote: »
    Boards jersey on Griffith Avenue going towards Marino at about 5 this eve. I shouted but realised the car windows were closed.

T'was I. Which of the myriad cars I overtook was you?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

cdaly_ wrote: »
    T'was I. Which of the myriad cars I overtook was you?

I was going in the opposite direction. I had just pulled in to take a picture of that monstrosity of a Mayo supporters garden! I had cycled past there an hour before then though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭NamelessPhil

A grand morning for Boardsie spotting in the Dublin mountains, one in pink and black kit descending Stocking Lane (NeedmoreGears?) and a hi-vis smacl descending from the the county boundary. Grand 43km out with a gentle 900m of climbing.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,987 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Gave a shout to a Boardsie in the Pink/Green kit at the Joe Loughman Randonee sign-on in Bray Wheelers clubhouse this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭jaqian

Gave a shout to a Boardsie in the Pink/Green kit at the Joe Loughman Randonee sign-on in Bray Wheelers clubhouse this morning.

There was another lad in the black Boardsie gear at Bray Wheelers butdidn't do the randonnee

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,987 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

jaqian wrote: »
    There was another lad in the black Boardsie gear at Bray Wheelers butdidn't do the randonnee
    Possibly the same one (pink/green/black kit).

Advertisement