Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Jersey Sightings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭mjsc1970

08.30 this morning in Drumcondra and later near National Concert Hall. Black Boards kit, black & red bike, didn't see the make/model. Didn't give you a shout as I was on motorbike and you were making much better progress.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,987 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

mjsc1970 wrote: »
    08.30 this morning in Drumcondra and later near National Concert Hall. Black Boards kit, black & red bike, didn't see the make/model. Didn't give you a shout as I was on motorbike and you were making much better progress.
    Guilty as charged!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,766 ✭✭✭cython

Guilty as charged!

Think it was probably you I passed on Kildare Street in front Govt buildings at 8:45 at that rate, full green/pink kit on a carbon Fuji? I was on the old orange Trek and would have said hello only I was a bit on the hungover side for niceties!

cython wrote: »
    Guilty as charged!

Think it was probably you I passed on Kildare Street in front Govt buildings at 8:45 at that rate, full green/pink kit on a carbon Fuji? I was on the old orange Trek and would have said hello only I was a bit on the hungover side for niceties!
    Yes! I noticed the bike alright.

Mercian Pro drinking coffee in Clane, Co Kildare this morning in pink/green splendour!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Mercian Pro

Afraid that was the only time today that the jersey was on view. Great club spin out from Swords via Dunboyne and Kilcock and back by Maynooth and Black Bull. First time every bike had full length mudguards - peer pressure is a great thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,836 ✭✭✭s8n

About six years ago, I seen a guy wearing one in the tinned fruit section of Tesco in Dundrum

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭rushfan

Guy in a Boards jersey stopped at the lights at the Airside & R132 crossroads yesterday, just as I was driving into Airside, afternoon.

rushfan wrote: »
    Guy in a Boards jersey stopped at the lights at the Airside & R132 crossroads yesterday, just as I was driving into Airside, afternoon.
    Could have been myself (pink kit on a white fixie?). Was at that junction around 10.45/11am and again around 1.30/1.45pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭rushfan

Could have been myself (pink kit on a white fixie?). Was at that junction around 10.45/11am and again around 1.30/1.45pm.

No, black kit , think the bike was a black roadbike, guy with a white beard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

guy with a white beard.

Like, you mean, Gandalf in the boards kit? Nice...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Another sighting of the greater spotted WA in the pink kit in Santry this morning around 8:30. I got the wave in at the last second.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,766 ✭✭✭cython

Belated spotting of a Boardsie in green jersey in Castleknock at about 7pm on Monday evening, heading towards Blanchardstown.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,774 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Belated here as well, seen one in the wilds of Stillorgan almost two weeks ago. Crossing the N11 heading into Stillorgan. I was going to shout, then thought that would be weird. Instead you just got me staring at you and half waving before scurring away.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭irishrover99

Has anyone spotted a Madison Genesis bottle user yet :)

The new way of spotting a Boardsie

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Saw darragh_o this morning turning on to the canal around 8:50 on a bike that still gives me nightmares from various Evil trips.

No boards jersey though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,122 ✭✭✭daragh_

godtabh wrote: »
    Saw darragh_o this morning turning on to the canal around 8:50 on a bike that still gives me nightmares from various Evil trips.

No boards jersey though

It's too cold for my Boards Jersey! Sorry I didn't see you. Pre-Coffee :D

On the good bike today as my Winter bike is banjaxed after all the salt and grit. I've been riding my cross bike a good bit but I really need to put slicks on it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

You would have been too far away to hear anything. I recognized the bike before I recognized you. Says a lot about the bike

• Registered Users Posts: 3,122 ✭✭✭daragh_

godtabh wrote: »
    You would have been too far away to hear anything. I recognized the bike before I recognized you. Says a lot about the bile

I give you bile? :eek:

daragh_ wrote: »
    I give you bile? :eek:

When you design routes you do

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭triggermortis

Saw boards shorts wearer ( I think, with leg warmers) around 10.45 heading from Lusk towards Blakes Cross. I was heading towards Lusk on an all black bike

Saw boards shorts wearer ( I think, with leg warmers) around 10.45 heading from Lusk towards Blakes Cross. I was heading towards Lusk in as all black bike
    That was myself with seriously mismatched kit (Boards green bibs with a red and white jacket) on the way to work. :o

(Normally I'm commuting in the dark so no one can spot my wardrobe imperfections!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭triggermortis

That was myself with seriously mismatched kit (Boards green bibs with a red and white jacket) on the way to work. :o

(Normally I'm commuting in the dark so no one can spot my wardrobe imperfections!)

I somehow thought it might be you, as you're the only person I seem to meet at the times when I'm out :pac:

whacker00 in the pink/green bibs on the McNSCC touring group today.

Has anyone spotted a Madison Genesis bottle user yet :)

The new way of spotting a Boardsie
    Yes, in the flesh today for the first time - posted a pic over in the Madison Genesis thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭whacker00

whacker00 in the pink/green bibs on the McNSCC touring group today.

:):) cheers WA, great to put a face to the name, .....and all those Km's

Pleasure to meet you

whacker00 wrote: »
    :):) cheers WA, great to put a face to the name, .....and all those Km's

Pleasure to meet you
    ...and a pleasure to meet you too whacker! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,175 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Spotted someone in the green kit climbing Howth from the cemetery side at ~14:45 today.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Think I just saw the old jersey outside the old orchard pub.

• Advertisement

Mercian Pro in the Pink/Green near Duleek this morning.

Advertisement