Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Jersey Sightings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Mercian Pro

Mercian Pro in the Pink/Green near Duleek this morning.

Hard to miss given you were sitting opposite me in Sage & Stone:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

13:00 today in Howth (harbour road).

We were cycling in opposite directions, I was wearing a hi-viz top and gave the obligatory BOARDSIE shout ~ I think I scared the poor sod lol

• Registered Users Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

A boardsie overtook our group spin today. We shouted but couldn't hear your response over the wind.

Around Enfield at 11.30ish I think

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

sullivlo wrote: »
    A boardsie overtook our group spin today. We shouted but couldn't hear your response over the wind.

Around Enfield at 11.30ish I think

That was me. Shouted back but the wind wasn't going to help

PS what group was it? Was there a crash?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

godtabh wrote: »
    That was me. Shouted back but the wind wasn't going to help

PS what group was it? Was there a crash?

Galway Cycle/Mayn't Students for Charity. We were split into two groups to make it easier for cars to overtake us. Think there was a crash in the second group alright. We were group one and I was the windbreaker on the inside when you passed.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

sullivlo wrote: »
    Galway Cycle/Mayn't Students for Charity. We were split into two groups to make it easier for cars to overtake us. Think there was a crash in the second group alright. We were group one and I was the windbreaker on the inside when you passed.

I heard female voice shouting boardsie and a male voice asking my user name. I shouted back but due to a stiff neck wasnt able to turn around.

That was a good cycle. I saw some one on strava who was saying there was a crash and she had to get the bus home

• Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

I thought I saw a Boards Jersey on the road earlier. Now I know it was Godtabh!

I was in the second GC group, the one behind Sullivlo, both enjoying myself and thinking I was out of my mind!

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Comma

Wishbone Ash looked good in his Boardsie gear today, on a wet and windy spin to Maynooth.

Comma wrote: »
    Wishbone Ash looked good in his Boardsie gear today, on a wet and windy spin to Maynooth.

What time was that at? I saw a group in Maynooth but didnt see any jerseys

• Registered Users Posts: 24,987 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

What time was that at? I saw a group in Maynooth but didnt see any jerseys
    It would have been around 11.30am - noon. There were about 15 of us.

• Advertisement

It would have been around 11.30am - noon. There were about 15 of us.

I was a bit later than that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Garzard

Caught a quick glance of two cyclists tonight at 8:30pm, one wearing what looked like the pink kit on the Scholarstown Road.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Exchanged a 'Hi Boardsie' with a chap in a SS green jersey on the Military road this afternoon. I was overheated fool who thought the long sleeved pink winter boards gear with base layers would work today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Mercian Pro

As well as the gang on the Hill Climb, WA & I spotted a Boardsie in a pink jersey climbing the Wicklow Gap as we descended towards Hollywood. Shouted but we were travelling too fast to hear if it was acknowledged!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Garzard

smacl wrote: »
    Exchanged a 'Hi Boardsie' with a chap in a SS green jersey on the Military road this afternoon. I was overheated fool who thought the long sleeved pink winter boards gear with base layers would work today.

T'was myself heading towards SG and Lough Tay after. Great day for it! Started the cycle wearing a base layer underneath the jersey but changed out of it a while beforehand after passing Viewpoint - began to overheat myself while wearing it on the uphill stages :pac:

As well as the gang on the Hill Climb, WA & I spotted a Boardsie in a pink jersey climbing the Wicklow Gap as we descended towards Hollywood. Shouted but we were travelling too fast to hear if it was acknowledged!

Myself, I shouted a response but you were long gone!

I think I saw some one going over Lesson St Bridge just there. He was in traffic so hard To be100% but looked like the current shorts

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,327 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Saw a full kitted boardsie this morning on a Tifosi in the IFSC. I was half jogging in a rush and think I startled them

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

Weepsie wrote: »
    Saw a full kitted boardsie this morning on a Tifosi in the IFSC. I was half jogging in a rush and think I startled them

Twas I

That's quite the Audax beard you're cultivating there.

Apologies if I wasn't quite with it, not feeling very well today.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,327 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Yes it is. It's growing because I'm too lazy and it can be worked into fundraising for a charity cycle I'm doing somehow.

I was trying to figure out if you were in a building I'm occasionally in for meetings

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Jk_Eire

I think I saw some one going over Lesson St Bridge just there. He was in traffic so hard To be100% but looked like the current shorts

Might have been me! I was wearing the shorts with the pink, green and white stripes and would have been crossing the bridge then.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,052 ✭✭✭✭neris

bout 830 on bearded boardsie on a blue frame just coming out of portmarnock heading towards baldoyle

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

neris wrote: »
    bout 830 on bearded boardsie on a blue frame just coming out of portmarnock heading towards baldoyle

Yo! I probably wasn't moving terribly quick in that wind! Topped 45km/h on the way home on the singlespeed however!!

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭devonp

today in Laragh, outside the hippy cafe , black and pink jersey(second last kit?) and black tights

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

devonp wrote: »
    today in Laragh, outside the hippy cafe , black and pink jersey(second last kit?) and black tights

At around 12:00?

That would be SMACL

I was there too but not in my boards kit

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭devonp

yeah prob 12 ish before the lunchtime rush

devonp wrote: »
    yeah prob 12 ish before the lunchtime rush

Myself, great day out for early April!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭NeedMoreGears

Friday 31st March around 1230 - pink kit heading north on Alfie Byrne road just after the turn off East Wall road. I gave a shout and got a wave from a beardy boardsie.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Rogue-Trooper

Friday 31st March around 1230 - pink kit heading north on Alfie Byrne road just after the turn off East Wall road. I gave a shout and got a wave from a beardy boardsie.

Yep, that was me on our 'Healthy Workplace Day' lunchtime spin out to Howth. Figured a wave was safest as I couldn't figure out where the shout came from!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭shansey

spotted someone coming down from Kippure mast on sunday!

Advertisement