Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Jersey Sightings

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

Haha, I am afraid the cargo bike needs to go to accomodate the new one... And its not even due to lack of space if you know what I mean ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Half 8 this morning heading away from town at the American embassy in Ballsbridge. Looked to be on a mission.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,987 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

bazermc wrote: »
    Half 8 this morning heading away from town at the American embassy in Ballsbridge. Looked to be on a mission.
    That would have been myself again (going for my breakfast!).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

That would have been myself again (going for my breakfast!).

Ha ha. Yes you had a very focused look on your face that you were going somewhere specific.

Boards.ie cap spotted under a helmet of a cyclist who passed me in Drumcondra this morning circa 8.20am.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭koutoubia

Spotted a pair of Boards shorts wearing Swordsie loitering around the Green/White group at The Vets race in Dundalk oN Sunday.
    Presumably Inquitus!

Inquitus sporting the green/pink bibs at Corkagh Park tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

Me wearing boards bib shorts this evening!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,122 ✭✭✭daragh_

koutoubia wrote: »
    Spotted a pair of Boards shorts wearing Swordsie loitering around the Green/White group at The Vets race in Dundalk oN Sunday.
    Presumably Inquitus!

He wasn't loitering at the end!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭koutoubia

daragh_ wrote:
    He wasn't loitering at the end!

No he wasn't.... But gave up his loitering a little bit too early. Group was way too big to let him get away with that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,122 ✭✭✭daragh_

koutoubia wrote: »
    Group was way too big to let him get away with that.

Story of the day! :D

Passed a bearded Boardsie on the climb to Glencullen on the Orwell Randonee this morning.

(...and Mercian Pro on many occasions but usually sailing off into the horizon any time the road went upwards!)

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭devonp

Passed WA in black and pink(I was going in the other direction) on the west side of the WG during some "typical OR weather", only had my boards.ie cap on prob covered by the winter(its nearly May!) skull cap

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭Don't Chute!

Somebody this morning on the N11 around Cabinteely maybe? Around 9-20 with two other guys. I was driving.

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭jimm

Somebody this morning on the N11 around Cabinteely maybe? Around 9-20 with two other guys. I was driving.

Me and a pal going out to Bray for a recce of the new W200 route. Savage course to the top of Djouce hill.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭Don't Chute!

jimm wrote: »
    Me and a pal going out to Bray for a recce of the new W200 route. Savage course to the top of Djouce hill.

Yeah I did a bit of it this evening, it's some start alright!

Spotted and engaged RobW (?) in a green boards jersey in Santry. Nice to meet you!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭rob w

Alek wrote: »
    Spotted and engaged RobW (?) in a green boards jersey in Santry. Nice to meet you!

Twas myself! Nice to meet you too, hope you enjoyed the rest of your spin!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭micar

Was cycling behind a girl with a boards top going up constitution hill around 4.45.

Green kit on Harold's X bridge, 10am-ish yesterday, northbound.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Garzard

Alek wrote: »
    Green kit on Harold's X bridge, 10am-ish yesterday, northbound.

Would have been myself. Cheers for the shout! I managed a weak response over the usual distractions and my frustration with the endless red lights on my way into work!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,766 ✭✭✭cython

Couple of boardsies around Laragh and the Wicklow Gap today, between probably 1 and 1:45, both in green jerseys, and I think both on different Rose steeds, though not sure ye were together?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

cython wrote: »
    Couple of boardsies around Laragh and the Wicklow Gap today, between probably 1 and 1:45, both in green jerseys, and I think both on different Rose steeds, though not sure ye were together?

I was one of them on the Rose CX bike, exchanged hellos with the other as he passed me going up the Wicklow gap. Also got a few boardsie shouts from others going past, possibly yourself included.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

3 green Jerseys today as well. First was climbing the Wicklow Gap from Glendalough direction about 1330 I gave a last minute .

Then I embarrassed someone in front of the cool kids at the happy cafe. You said your username but I forgot instantly.

Thirdly was a guy climbing from the featherbeds towards Glencree on a Hybrid.

smacl wrote: »
    I was one of them on the Rose CX bike, exchanged hellos with the other as he passed me going up the Wicklow gap. Also got a few boardsie shouts from others going past, possibly yourself included.

I think I might have passed you around the car park (right at the steep part), I had a red jersey and was on a black & red Canyon. Was going to say something to you (assuming it was you :)) as I pulled alongside but the car behind beeping right at that point made it seem a less than opportune time!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Garzard

Thirdly was a guy climbing from the featherbeds towards Glencree on a Hybrid.

Sounds like myself. Remember receiving one shout around that location and exchanged another with a chap in a green jersey on the top corner of Military Road next to Lough Bray a few minutes later.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Konkers

I was one of the culprits on the rose in green.
    Also saw two green boardsies. I passed on on the way up the Wicklow gap, a second on a hybrid as he was coming up Sally gap and also met a nice gent in th hippycafe and again later on the road from the viewing point to Rathfarnham.

Konkers wrote: »
    Also saw two green boardsies. I passed on on the way up the Wicklow gap, a second on a hybrid as he was coming up Sally gap and also met a nice gent in th hippycafe and again later on the road from the viewing point to Rathfarnham.

Sounds like you were the other one I saw so, did you hang about at the top of the Gap for a while and then head back down towards Laragh? There was a group of us waiting on some of the others from our group to catch up for a while when you turned around if so?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

Konkers wrote: »

Twas me in the hippy cafe with the black b'Twin kit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Konkers

Twas me in the hippy cafe with the black b'Twin kit

Ah good man rollingscone. Nice to meet.

Advertisement